Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL at Dusty getting in. Will be a disgrace if he makes the final team.

Jeremy Cameron was the best player in the league after the first 3-4 rounds and can’t make the AA squad.

But Daniher and Allen do….

Also Cerra can’t make the squad either…
Rohan killed his season. Played for weeks like he was struggling with the concussion and couldn't move his shoulder too well.

Jeremy Cameron was stuffed ever since the media said he was the best player in the league. Injuries or no injuries after that he absolutely spudded it up for the rest of the season.

Just so people don't think I'm making that Taranto stat up:

Champion data used to have a better stat which was like expected kicking efficiency vs actual which took into account the difficulty of the kicks and how often any player would hit them.

i'd admit i haven't watched much of Taranto playing but if he is taking tough kicks under pressure his kicking could actually be better than you'd think.

unfortunately CD want to play these bullshit games where they hide stats to sell them.

Breust kicked 8 times as many goals as the Geelong forward. Probably something to do with it.

Also has twice as many goals as Dusty, but the AFL love creating records and have no issue gifting jackets to players who dont deserve it.
He's a lucky boy this year. 95th for score involvements. 225th for goal assists.

Should've made it to a couple of the final 2012, 2013 or 2015 AA sides though. Fantastic player.

nah oscar allen deserves to be in the 44. he had a pretty good year given his side was s**t.

not as good as nick larky mind you, but he still played well when i saw him.

ends a pretty grim season on a slightly higher note

I mean Nick Larky has done everything that Oscar has done but way better so i guess you can include him in the squad but thats about it.

nah oscar allen deserves to be in the 44. he had a pretty good year given his side was s**t.

not as good as nick larky mind you, but he still played well when i saw him.

ends a pretty grim season on a slightly higher note

Agreed - squad nomination is fine

He won't make the final 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty will get in on his reputation
Of course he will. Complete BS.
Shai Bolton didn't get nominated from his own club and was better.

LOL at Dusty getting in. Will be a disgrace if he makes the final team.

Rohan killed his season. Played for weeks like he was struggling with the concussion and couldn't move his shoulder too well.
You don't understand the game. As if any team would prefer Miers over Martin in a team

Breaking it down to forwards/mids/backs/rucks:

Defenders: Harris Andrews, Nick Blakey, Nick Daicos, Dan Houston, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor, Mason Redman, Luke Ryan, James Sicily, Jack Sinclair, Tom Stewart, Jacob Weitering, Callum Wilkie
Midfielders: Noah Anderson, Marcus Bontempelli, Zak Butters, Stephen Coniglio, Patrick Cripps, Josh Daicos, Jordan Dawson, Jordan De Goey, Tom Green, Errol Gulden, Tom Liberatore, Zach Merrett, Lachie Neale, Jai Newcombe, Christian Petracca, Connor Rozee, Caleb Serong, Jack Viney
Rucks: Tim English, Luke Jackson, Rowan Marshall
Forwards: Oscar Allen, Luke Breust, Charlie Cameron, Charlie Curnow, Joe Daniher, Toby Greene, Kyle Langford, Nick Larkey, Dustin Martin, Taylor Walker

13 defenders (3x KPD, 5x medium, 5x small)
18 midfielders (16x inside leaning, 2x outside leaning)
3 rucks
10 forwards (5x KPF, 2x medium, 3x small)

Wondering if they're considering either Daicos or Sinclair a mid, as it's unusual to have 13 backs. I think they'll go:

6 def/10 mid/1 ruck/5 fwd

Leaving the second team with:

7 def/8 mid/2 ruck/5 fwd

You don't understand the game. As if any team would prefer Miers over Martin in a team

I would have Martin over Miers in my AA team myself, but it's a genuine 50/50, toss of the coin proposition.

Gyran's goal assist numbers this year may be too hard for the selectors to ignore.

I haven't mentioned Miers over Martin you dullard. Just that Martin is undeserving.

Don't bother quoting again. I won't bother reading the inevitable drivel.

Find me someone who thought Cripps would be in the squad.

Had him in my squad. Was a good reason they came 5th. They’re best mid in a stretch they won games and got a home final. He’s a better pick than Martin at least.

I love Breust and he should've had more AAs in the past, but he had over 50 less score involvements less than Bolton and Miers in exchange for 6 (Miers) and 3 (Bolton) more combined goals/assists. On goals alone Breust was well ahead so I guess that was the logic.

If they do have a similar emphasis on goals for the best 22, then C.Cameron, Larkey and maybe Langford are locks.
There really was only 3 hawks options this year to potentially make the squad. it's surprising all 3 made it. Newcombe is actually underrated on here but its been a very good year for alot of mids so I wasn't going to be shocked if he missed. I somewhat agree Breust has been good this year but has had other years he has missed where he has been better, I think overall it's been a pretty down year for small forwards so I guess that's helped his case.

I think we had a conversation this year regarding how historically goals has been the most important statistic when it comes to forwards making this team. Seems like we will have more of that this year, which I'm not against but Miers did have a good year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back