Martin🤞 Curnow Fisher
Silvagni McKay Motlop

Pittonet Cripps Cerra

DeKoning Hewett Cuningham🤞Kennedy Durdin

Dow O’Brien Carroll Kemp Marchbank🤞 Newman Philp🤞 Honey Owies Cottrell

Plowman Ed.Curnow Sam.Durdin

Akuei Mirkov

11, 29, 49, 66

Like Burgiel George Hewett Hotton Hollands in our 11-29 range…

Also still need both a developing KPD and KPF’s for our reserves team as well…

Today’s 23, subject to change…

FB: Williams Young McGovern
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad

R: DeKoning Cripps Hewett
C: Walsh Cerra Acres

HF: Martin Curnow Fisher
FF: Durdin McKay Motlop

I: Marchbank Boyd Kennedy Carroll Kemp

E: Newman O’Brien Silvagni Pittonet

Wildcard: Cuningham (needs to get on the park, could be in the 23)

Young the relief ruck, having the extra tall defender allows that. Kennedy splitting on-ball and a marking half forward.

Walsh more wing than mid, Cerra more mid than wing.

Doc splitting time between hb and wing.

Carroll wing and hf with a couple of centre bounces for good measure.

Acres full time wing with Walsh, Doc, Cerra & Carroll covering the rest of the wing time.

Could easily be Jack or Pitto for kemp, Newman for Boyd, Cuningham/O’Brien for Carroll.

What’s that d word?…
Desperation.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Boyd Weitering McGovern🤞
Williams Young Saad
Acres Walsh Docherty
Martin🤞 Curnow Fisher
Silvagni McKay Motlop

Pittonet Cripps Cerra

DeKoning Hewett Cuningham🤞Kennedy Durdin

Dow O’Brien Carroll Kemp Marchbank🤞 Newman Philp🤞 Honey Owies Cottrell

Plowman Ed.Curnow Sam.Durdin

Akuei Mirkov

11, 29, 49, 66

Like Burgiel George Hewett Hotton Hollands in our 11-29 range…

Also still need both a developing KPD and KPF’s for our reserves team as well…
I like this side, would have LOB on the bench and 1 of Cunners or Fish(whoever performs best in pre-season)

I like this side, would have LOB on the bench and 1 of Cunners or Fish(whoever performs best in pre-season)
Cunners coming from a fair way back, needs to tick a few boxes off over the preseason before starting in the 23…

He’s a player i have a high opinion of although it’s only been frustratingly just flashes amongst being in and out because of injuries, thought he was just about to take it up a level and finally show us some of his class on a more consistent basis, then the knee…

O’Brien had quite a good year imo, improved his overall game in a few areas, thought he competed better as the season went on…
Still has some deficiencies notably with his 1v1 game which he can work on, but now has a good platform to build from and if he can improve and step up another level then great for Lochie and all the better it is for us….

B: Newman - Weitering - McGovern
HB: Saad - Young - Docherty

C: Acres - Cripps - Cerra
R: Pittonet - Hewett - Walsh

HF: Martin - Curnow - Fisher
F: Motlop - McKay - Silvagni

IC: Williams (def/mid), Kennedy (mid/fwd), Durdin (fwd), De Koning (KP)

SU: Cottrell (mid)

EM: Marchbank (def) - O'Brien (om) - Owies (fwd)

Hoping for Kemp and a couple of others to get into this.
This is the probable side. I’d prefer Marchbank for McGovern but the very fact this team picks itself might not be a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

slipped to page 6, you despotic pentagrams, you black mass deniers, you marauding monster mashers.......

slipped to page 6, you despotic pentagrams, you black mass deniers, you marauding monster mashers.......

:padlock:

😂

Tom Cruise What GIF

FB: McGovern, Weitering, Marchbank
HB: Williams, Young, Saad
C: Acres, Cripps, Cerra
HF: Martin, McKay, Fisher
FF: Durdin, C Curnow, Motlop

R: TDK, Walsh, Hewett

INT: SOS, Kennedy, Newman, Docherty
EMERG: Boyd, Cottrell, O'Brien, Pittonet, Carroll

Couple of thoughts:

- Cerra on a wing is not ideal for mine. Although he's more than capable of playing it, his value lies playing on the ball. Squeezed out purely as the other midfielders we have just can't not play in those roles. Maybe Walsh to a wing? Hmm, nah. I want him on the ball. Hewett on the wing? No... Doc I'd love to float between wing and defence. I also love him playing on the ball haha. Kennedy is better suited forward than on a wing.

- Jordan Boyd. I would love for him to spend some time playing on a wing in the two's. Can run, can kick, is tough and puts his head over the footy. Liked what I saw in the last few games this year and would be ideal to see his kicking skills in this side somehow.

- TDK v Pitto debate. TDK just has to win this argument. Don't get me wrong I love Pitto. but we all know what TDK can be if he takes that next step. He just has to do it soon. SOS to provide back up ruck support to either.

- Where is Kemp / Dow / Fogarty / Cuningham / Honey / Plowman at? No doubt some will be called upon at times during the year, but there are blokes ahead of them and a few of them are running out of time and/or chances.

- Gosh our list is in great shape. It was genuinely hard to pick a 22. The one I did pick doesn't include the fabled 5th bench position floated for 2023, or any of this years incoming draft and rookie picks. There is hard to see any holes, and it's pretty safe to assume Austin will address those come draft time.

Is Newman still in our best 22?

Personally, I would like to see him pushed out of our best 22 in 2023

The four back spots for smalls can be covered by Williams, Saad, Docherty and Boyd

Leaving the three talls from: Weitering, Young, McGov and Marchbank

Is Newman still in our best 22?

Personally, I would like to see him pushed out of our best 22 in 2023

The four back spots for smalls can be covered by Williams, Saad, Docherty and Boyd

Leaving the three talls from: Weitering, Young, McGov and Marchbank

If Newman is pushed out, a couple of areas have evolved

Injuries have improved and or players are showing more consistency

FB: McGovern, Weitering, Marchbank
HB: Williams, Young, Saad
C: Acres, Cripps, Cerra
HF: Martin, McKay, Fisher
FF: Durdin, C Curnow, Motlop

R: TDK, Walsh, Hewett

INT: SOS, Kennedy, Newman, Docherty
EMERG: Boyd, Cottrell, O'Brien, Pittonet, Carroll

Couple of thoughts:

- Cerra on a wing is not ideal for mine. Although he's more than capable of playing it, his value lies playing on the ball. Squeezed out purely as the other midfielders we have just can't not play in those roles. Maybe Walsh to a wing? Hmm, nah. I want him on the ball. Hewett on the wing? No... Doc I'd love to float between wing and defence. I also love him playing on the ball haha. Kennedy is better suited forward than on a wing.

- Jordan Boyd. I would love for him to spend some time playing on a wing in the two's. Can run, can kick, is tough and puts his head over the footy. Liked what I saw in the last few games this year and would be ideal to see his kicking skills in this side somehow.

- TDK v Pitto debate. TDK just has to win this argument. Don't get me wrong I love Pitto. but we all know what TDK can be if he takes that next step. He just has to do it soon. SOS to provide back up ruck support to either.

- Where is Kemp / Dow / Fogarty / Cuningham / Honey / Plowman at? No doubt some will be called upon at times during the year, but there are blokes ahead of them and a few of them are running out of time and/or chances.

- Gosh our list is in great shape. It was genuinely hard to pick a 22. The one I did pick doesn't include the fabled 5th bench position floated for 2023, or any of this years incoming draft and rookie picks. There is hard to see any holes, and it's pretty safe to assume Austin will address those come draft time.

reckon you're a little short on run in the 22.

personally, would probably prefer at least 1 of Boyd, Cotts and LoB in the side with SoS or Newman as an emergency.

If it's 5 on the bench, probably Boyd and Pitt in and Sos out.

reckon you're a little short on run in the 22.

personally, would probably prefer at least 1 of Boyd, Cotts and LoB in the side with SoS or Newman as an emergency.

If it's 5 on the bench, probably Boyd and Pitt in and Sos out.
I agree with you. However like Arr0w mentions, it would mean a significant step up from one of the guys you list. I think Newman is still in our best 22 pending this.

5 on the bench leaves plenty of options open for sure. I love SOS, but the flexibility that this would enable might see him playing a few games in the two's.

Interesting times ahead.

Owies seems to be the one that is not in many best 22s that was pretty much a lock this year. We definitely need more regular scoreboard pressure from our smalls, Motlop the most likely likely.

Owies seems to be the one that is not in many best 22s that was pretty much a lock this year. We definitely need more regular scoreboard pressure from our smalls, Motlop the most likely likely.
Owies is interesting. Highly regarded internally for work rate and “running patterns”. His kicking remains a glaring weakness hard to overlook. His first couple of years were punctuated by soft tissue issues, which reared it’s head again last season.

Like many, I see it being difficult for him to keep Durdin and Motlop behind him in the pecking order. Fisher seems to have locked down a hybrid forward role and Martin when fit completes a small/medium forward quartet, with midfielders likely to impact on some forward minutes going forward.

One of those praise worthy role players who may have trouble holding a spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2023 - Best 22 + Emergencies - Rolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back