Oppo Camp 2023 Death Ride: Poorta dlelie Footbal Club Power (Est. 1997) - Port out in straight sets, NMFC get pick #14

Where will the 1997 boys finish next year?

• 15th - 18th

Votes: 68 19.9%
  • 9th - 14th

Votes: 158 46.3%
  • 5th - 8th

Votes: 67 19.6%
  • 1st - 4th

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Poort fans are a real embarrassing lot. Kinda sad really. They beat a Saints team that was still missing a few players from their 22 and they could barely do much better than they did. Comical.

Anyway, enjoy the fun now because another 2011-12 is imminent once they lose their older midfield players. It's gonna hit them pretty hard.

Are we supposed to be shocked that a Number 1 Draft Pick played a good game of Footy? I don't think anyone has ever denied his potential, it's his attitude and lack of integrity that garnered VALID criticism from the entire Football Community. Don't know why Kochheads are unable to grasp this concept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't PeacefulWarrior the bloke who came over a while back and stirred up s**t, then ran back to their board crying about how he got treated?

Nah wasn’t me

I actually think you guys have been pretty chilled about my trolling to be fair lol

Expected a solid banning but fair play to your mods

Imagine calling yourself a football supporter and abusing a 19 year old kid because he doesn’t like your favourite football club….

Now THAT is insecure….
I don't abuse him, so your on your own with that one.

And who calls themself a football supporter? I watch footy and I support North.

Imagine calling yourself a football supporter and abusing a 19 year old kid because he doesn’t like your favourite football club….

Now THAT is insecure….
I seriously doubt FIGJAM cares what anonymous accounts on BigFooty have to say lol. We haven't even played your lot yet, and you still blame us for stirring up animosity.

images

He is going to be a fantastic footballer. Still don’t know if he will do it every week but when he is on he will be electric.

We need to remember this would have never happened with us. He gave up early on and was heading to Port this time last year

I seriously doubt FIGJAM cares what anonymous accounts on BigFooty have to say lol. We haven't even played your lot yet, and you still blame us for stirring up animosity.
This is my favourite part, port fans must've thought we’ve done some Cambridge Analytica operation, deep mind ****ing the rest of the comp into hating on this kid..

Reality is doing a victory lap like the corn has done, after taking the number 1 ranked kid of the worst preforming team, isn’t something to brag about. It was always going to end up like this.

Last edited:
Well Im a glass half full kind a fella.

Glad he's playing well and is a deserved pick 1. We got that part correct.
Season is a long haul. Going ok is Port and good on them, do I really care? Nope. We will have a opportunity to draft a very good footballer with their first rounder.

Oh but do I like the average Port supporter? Also nope, I'm sure they is a good one somewhere. Just have to be one you'd think

Unsurprisingly there was another article about the booing. Interestingly they added some balance with Nathan Buckley's comments:

Former Collingwood legend and Hall of Famer Nathan Buckley, who infamously received similar treatment from crowds after he orchestrated a deal to leave the expansion Brisbane club in the early 1990s to get to Collingwood, said he empathised with Horne-Francis.

“As someone who’s been on the receiving end of it, you just gotta continue to do what you do, focus on what you can control in front of you, eventually people will work out … they lose the interest,” Buckley said.

“I wish that us (commentators) mentioning it would help it stop, but I know my concern is that we’re bringing attention to it and I don’t know if it makes it worse.”

Other than Lee Mathews, when he had a light spar with Caro on radio, these are probably the most grounded comments so far about the booing.

Hardly anything on here is worth discussing, but people give their opinions and discuss things anyway.

I'm not talking about players having off games. Everyone wants to crown every young player as the next all-time great but its not that easy. Only a handful make it there.
Prolly should have been clearer, i meant specifically comparing corne francis ro sheezel as that was never part of the trade is moot.

But otherwise we are all here to shoot the breeze

Speculation regarding corn frances stamina however is pretty fair discussion.

Prolly should have been clearer, i meant specifically comparing corne francis ro sheezel as that was never part of the trade is moot.

But otherwise we are all here to shoot the breeze

Speculation regarding corn frances stamina however is pretty fair discussion.
Oh, I agree. I usually hate player comparisons but can get sucked in sometimes.

Oh, I agree. I usually hate player comparisons but can get sucked in sometimes.
Compare him to daicos, thilthorpe etc.. as thats who he was drafted against . Where it effects us is we really have a hole there regarding drafting for that year now, good thing pauley curtis is a ripper and not the usual 2nd rounder blunder we are famous for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2023 Death Ride: Poorta dlelie Footbal Club Power (Est. 1997) - Port out in straight sets, NMFC get pick #14

Back