Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:

What are everyone’s thoughts on Jack Billings?

Pros:
  • can kick a ball
  • mows own lawns
  • can play multiple positions but gives us a bit of a different look forward of centre and through the middle
  • likely wouldn’t cost much in terms of picks

Cons:
  • is made of glass
  • is possibly the sort of magic beans that Essendon chase
  • unsure if he’s on big coin

What are everyone’s thoughts on Jack Billings?

Pros:
  • can kick a ball
  • mows own lawns
  • can play multiple positions but gives us a bit of a different look forward of centre and through the middle
  • likely wouldn’t cost much in terms of picks

Cons:
  • is made of glass
  • is possibly the sort of magic beans that Essendon chase
  • unsure if he’s on big coin
If we can get him for cheap (money and pick wise), not entirely against it.

Soft as butter but we could do with some guys who can kick.

If we can get him for cheap (money and pick wise), not entirely against it.

Soft as butter but we could do with some guys who can kick.
My visceral reaction is that he’s a campaigner of a player and a huge reason why St Kilda have never progressed beyond mid table mediocre. But, I felt the same way when we got Melksham across.

Can we combine them and get five games out of the resulting player next year?

It's genuinely a hard call. I think Fantasia is more talented but more injury prone.

But if I had to pick one, maybe Billings? Purely for the fact he's made of slightly firmer tissue paper and can play multiple roles if needed

So 3-ply instead of 2-ply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what, I'm surprised Jack Macrae hasn't asked for a trade. Has been banished to a half-forward flank in favour of giving Treloar and even Caleb Daniel midfield minutes. Now maybe even Harmes? Lol.

His ducking antics annoy me, but so did Hunter's previously. Would be a pretty nice addition to our team as an inside-out mid with pretty good footskills if he became available.

I guess I’m also wary of picking up injury prone players. We already have Petty and Smith who are a bit fragile. Bit of a question mark over Gus. T McDonald and Brown are pretty much just names on the list these days and surely Jack Viney’s charmed run comes to an end sooner or later…

You know what, I'm surprised Jack Macrae hasn't asked for a trade. Has been banished to a half-forward flank in favour of giving Treloar and even Caleb Daniel midfield minutes. Now maybe even Harmes? Lol.

His ducking antics annoy me, but so did Hunter's previously. Would be a pretty nice addition to our team as an inside-out mid with pretty good footskills if he became available.
Yeah I reckon he’d be a good get with his skills. Knock on him is pace and defensive stuff. My brother barracks for the Dogs and reckons they really need to change their midfield mix, too many slow blokes getting burned at stoppages and not tackling.

Yeah, Libba, Bont, Treloar, Smith etc. Seemed to take a step back this year with those 4 eating up minutes. Macrae would be a nice addition, and i reckon pushed, could be gettable. Very consistent player who knows how to find the footy. Doesn't stand out but plays his role. Good call.

Couldn't agree more. Not an elite user by any means but a smart user who doesn't try to do too much, knows his role, hangs outside waiting for handballs instead of getting sucked into contests, good runner both ways.

Alright, send in the BF negotiators and get this done ✅

But yeah, in all seriousness, I hope we've at least asked the question. Need some smart footballers running through our midfield.

Neither .
Choosing between Billings or Fantasia is like choosing between Tmac or Ben Brown.

Both Billings and Fantasia have a nice skillset, but Fantasia has a body made out of tissue paper and Billings is softer than Schache! With McAdam onboard, i doubt we need Fantasia. Billings footskills could come in handy, but the gameplan forward of centre would have to dramatically change if he were to have any impact as a player.

But yeah, in all seriousness, I hope we've at least asked the question. Need some smart footballers running through our midfield.
Nek minnut. PUMP UP THE VOLUME for new recruit Jarrod Berry! 🤗

Good option, a ye olde dimmies version of McKercher if we can't get the younger real one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back