Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
North getting three end of first round 1 picks over the next couple of years has killed any hope we might have had of moving pick 5 (6) to 2 or 3. If we could get 4 off Hawks with 5 and 13 or 10 if we trade that in I'll get a little bit more interested.

The first round is going to blow out to about pick 30 with all the compo, pp's and academy/F/S picks.
They should have banned north from using those compo picks to trade up it's bullshit. They basically handed them a first round priority pick without handing them one.

They should have banned north from using those compo picks to trade up it's bullshit. They basically handed them a first round priority pick without handing them one.
I honestly reckon the AFL wanted to give North picks that they had to trade but knew if they did it that way they would get unders and end up benefiting the team they are trading with more. So instead they gave them picks that are just highly recommended to trade.

I honestly reckon the AFL wanted to give North picks that they had to trade but knew if they did it that way they would get unders and end up benefiting the team they are trading with more. So instead they gave them picks that are just highly recommended to trade.
Maybe, but they are also free picks. Not gonna happen but if they came to us for Salem or someone similar for 19 you'd snap they're hand off.

Maybe, but they are also free picks. Not gonna happen but if they came to us for Salem or someone similar for 19 you'd snap they're hand off.
Oh absolutely. Just saying that it feels like a 'use it or lose it' situation just not as explicit as they've made it in the past. Very AFL thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor Adams is 30 though, we may actually get the better pick for Grundy now that I think about it.
We should but Collingwood tend to do better at at the trade table than us. That being said if we are planning on using these picks to trade up for pick 10 or something then we will just take 31 if that's what we need to unlock the next deal.

We should but Collingwood tend to do better at at the trade table than us. That being said if we are planning on using these picks to trade up for pick 10 or something then we will just take 31 if that's what we need to unlock the next deal.
I agree, but on this occasion out of principle we shouldn't be giving Collingwood any kind of help

I agree, but on this occasion out of principle we shouldn't be giving Collingwood any kind of help
This wouldn't really be us doing anything with Collingwood. More us asking GC what it would take to get pick 10 and getting the capital to do that deal. If GC wanted the early Swans pick then we definitely shouldn't fold.

I'd be more than happy to play hardball with the Swans just to gets in the pies way. Just never been how we operate.

This wouldn't really be us doing anything with Collingwood. More us asking GC what it would take to get pick 10 and getting the capital to do that deal. If GC wanted the early Swans pick then we definitely shouldn't fold.

I'd be more than happy to play hardball with the Swans just to gets in the pies way. Just never been how we operate.
No I mean ****ing get 23 so Collingwood can't. **** em

Surely this deal was done a week ago. What's the hold up

Always bizarre how we get * all trades first few days despite this. Surely all this crap has already been fleshed out.
Not really, teams don't wanna blow their trade wadd 5 minutes in and miss out on better deals.

Three first rounders including a F1 that could be anything is just about as a good of a deal we would have gotten if we did trade Oliver. Crazy offer just to get back in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back