Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Three first rounders including a F1 that could be anything is just about as a good of a deal we would have gotten if we did trade Oliver. Crazy offer just to get back in the top 5.
If they trade all of those picks just to get Watson, it'd be bordering on negligent

For that price is it even worth it? They'll be asking for 13, 23 and a future first at this rate
Not sure – reckon we could get it done without trading 13 since we'll have a bunch of picks in the 20s and 30s, but depends on what other teams are offering I guess.

Regardless, the academy system is completely broken. Shouldn't be able to take a top-two talent using a collection of relative meaningless late picks.

For that price is it even worth it? They'll be asking for 13, 23 and a future first at this rate
Just a guess but I think if they get a F1 from the dogs they're just going to want to get extra points from there. If they want an F1 from us for pick 10 then we should just do a deal with Port instead for their F1.

Don’t they want Watson?

People think 1 first rounder for a small forward is overs let alone 3

They must be after someone else it's a crazy overpay

Let's say the three GC guys go at picks 2, 7 and 10. That's 5073 points

After they trade pick 4 for 10+17 they will have 4573.

If we got 23 for Grundy then we could trade 23+25+39 (2017) for 10 (1395)

If we get 31 for him then we can do 25+31+33 (1925)

That gets GC to either 5195 or 5103

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well rename round 2 of the draft to “compo round” for all the compo picks and then just call the real round 2, “Round 3” because that’s what it really is.

Another compo pick in first round for Doedee

Then Duursma and Mckercher go just before ours 🌈

It is what it is. I'd like either of them too but we don't know for sure that they'll be any better than the players picked 2 spots later.

What I don't want to see is us selling off a heap of decent draft picks to try and get a spot or two earlier. Don't think the odds are in your favour when you do that.

It is what it is. I'd like either of them too but we don't know for sure that they'll be any better than the players picked 2 spots later.

What I don't want to see is us selling off a heap of decent draft picks to try and get a spot or two earlier. Don't think the odds are in your favour when you do that.
It's about the type of player not just pick 5 vs pick 7

Another compo pick in first round for Doedee

What a farce. Strengthens Adelaide's hand to trade up immensely - boning us in the process.

It's about the type of player not just pick 5 vs pick 7

The way North has worked to get access to Sanders there's every chance they take him in the top 6, so that's another player of a type we don't need taken ahead of us if that plays out.

While McKercher and Duursma are standouts they're not the only classy ball users with pace in the draft. Keeping some picks to use in the 10-35 bracket gives us a good chance to snare a good player of the type(s) we need.

Is Will Gould being cut by Sydney a surprise? Can't say I've seen heaps but the couple of times I had seen him he looked a likely type. Would think somebody would pick him up DFA.

The way North has worked to get access to Sanders there's every chance they take him in the top 6, so that's another player of a type we don't need taken ahead of us if that plays out.

While McKercher and Duursma are standouts they're not the only classy ball users with pace in the draft. Keeping some picks to use in the 10-35 bracket gives us a good chance to snare a good player of the type(s) we need.

Wouldn’t mind taking a punt on Moir in the 20s

Pick 19 for Doedee is a good result for Adelaide. Looked like a gun early days, but has completely plateaued since (injuries have obviously played a big part in that). More than they would've got for him in a trade IMO.

Pick 19 for Doedee is a good result for Adelaide. Looked like a gun early days, but has completely plateaued since (injuries have obviously played a big part in that). More than they would've got for him in a trade IMO.
An great for the ****ing lions if they can get him right. Why the **** we wouldn't target him and let Tommo go makes no sense to me

An great for the ******* lions if they can get him right. Why the * we wouldn't target him and let Tommo go makes no sense to me
Agree he'd be handy for the Lions if they get him sorted, but he plays a similar role to Lever and Turner for us. Tomlinson is probably more of a need for us as he's a bit better as a 1:1 defender

Agree he'd be handy for the Lions if they get him sorted, but he plays a similar role to Lever and Turner for us. Tomlinson is probably more of a need for us as he's a bit better as a 1:1 defender
I don't think one lever is enough, way too easy to manipulate and shut it down. What's actually wrong with 2 blokes who can drift in an mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back