Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I don't think one lever is enough, way too easy to manipulate and shut it down. What's actually wrong with 2 blokes who can drift in an mark
Oh definitely – multiple intercept defenders are needed in the current game. I'd probably just want it to be someone a bit more mobile than Doedee if we were playing two KPDs and two interceptors, considering how much we already struggle to defend ground balls in our D50

Oh definitely – multiple intercept defenders are needed in the current game. I'd probably just want it to be someone a bit more mobile than Doedee if we were playing two KPDs and two interceptors, considering how much we already struggle to defend ground balls in our D50
We struggle to defend ground balls because we play 4 attacking smalls. The worst of them being Salem who's not a good defender but gets a free pass because he's a bog average kick

Obviously its the first day of the trade period so I'm not going to melt just yet, but I really get the feeling we are going to
  • arrogantly sit on our hands
  • not improve our best 22
  • and not do enough to add to our badly depleted depth.

Prove me wrong kids.

Getting pretty disillusioned with how compromised the draft has become.
Been real off since Victorian clubs where allowed academies after whinging at the interstate clubs, that did it for player retention. Not saying that any one should have academies in a fair draft, but we've introduced a somewhat zone like structure to the draft that was meant to replace it

Compensation picks i get the idea behind, but the formula the AFL use is busted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprising, but somewhat disheartening if 'not trying' is the language he used.

Anyway, imagine it'll just be McAdam and Fullarton, then hitting the draft.

Also, poor Fullarton not copping a mention, lol.

Not surprising, but somewhat disheartening if 'not trying' is the language he used.

Anyway, imagine it'll just be McAdam and Fullarton, then hitting the draft.

Also, poor Fullarton not copping a mention, lol.

Missed that but “won’t try” language is pure negligence.

Isn’t it the blokes job to include our list?

Imagine going to work and tell your boss you weren’t going to “try” on what would be deemed high priority work.

Terrible optics

Classic Dees off season.

“Let’s do * all and we will get better” attitude

Watch Sydney and St Kilda pass us next year.
Honestly we're loaded on picks, somewhat in our prime. But it seems like it feels we intend to use most of a our draft picks we're going to recieve rather then trade for players other than McAdam. Kind of screams mini rebuild in my mind, when we could be filling our list with more established ready made role players

Don't know if it's the Grundy trade that's spooked us, but we're dumping some ressies and holding our main side that played finals last season while developing some kids in the VFL

Imagine going to work and tell your boss you weren’t going to “try” on what would be deemed high priority work.
Without hearing what was actually said, it's hard to tell if that's just Ralph's spin on it.

Anyway, won't melt too hard about it. Club clearly views JVR and Petty as the KPFs of the future.

Terrible optics
Someone said it, 'arrogance'.

Club is seemingly complacent and happy with the list. Won't 'try' when they think they're the best

Been real off since Victorian clubs where allowed academies after whinging at the interstate clubs, that did it for player retention. Not saying that any one should have academies in a fair draft, but we've introduced a somewhat zone like structure to the draft that was meant to replace it

Compensation picks i get the idea behind, but the formula the AFL use is busted
The NGAs are pretty toothless now that the top 40 are protected.

Honestly we're loaded on picks, somewhat in our prime. But it seems like it feels we intend to use most of a our draft picks we're going to recieve rather then trade for players other than McAdam. Kind of screams mini rebuild in my mind, when we could be filling our list with more established ready made role players

Don't know if it's the Grundy trade that's spooked us, but we're dumping some ressies and holding our main side that played finals last season while developing some kids in the VFL
What's scaring us is May and Gawn are heading towards the exit door fast and we haven't had a midfielder step into the team since Sparrow. Apart from Koz Riv and McVee our list has hardly improved since 2020 and blokes like Salem, Viney and Brayshaw might not have that long left.

Were screaming to a huge rebuild if we don't add soon off the back of 1 bloody flag

What have we done since? Or you comfortable riding our coattails off 2021 and calling it a day?

I'm surprised we haven't pushed harder for a KPF or anything forward related and I reckon part of that is the contest & defence focus that gives us all those 'expected wins' and actual losses. So that pisses me off. But we've been guns at moving up in the draft and banking wins on trades. Every season we're proactive. Hell, we had four trades lined up before the period even started.

I'm surprised we haven't pushed harder for a KPF or anything forward related and I reckon part of that is the contest & defence focus that gives us all those 'expected wins' and actual losses. So that pisses me off. But we've been guns at moving up in the draft and banking wins on trades. Every season we're proactive. Hell, we had four trades lined up before the period even started.

Who have we moved up for recently? Blokes like Laurie, Adams and Jefferson aren’t going to contribute to our next flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back