Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I'm also not saying it's all doom a gloom either. The current list can challenge, i just still think there a holes we can fill with ready players. I think players like Jefferson are good investments, but we needed someone ready up forward last year not someone training in the VFL for next season. Idealy i'd love both a player developing and one ready

(not also saying that would have fixed our woes up forward)

So 1 bloke out of the last 5-6 we have drafted? Not a hit rate that fills me with confidence in improving our list to help with 2024
JVR, McVee and Woewodin were all drafted after Bowey

The Demons will follow through on ruckman Brodie Grundy's trade request to Sydney, but Lamb wouldn't be drawn on whether the Swans' Pick 31 would get the deal done.

Lamb said the Demons are also happy for midfielder James Harmes to pursue options elsewhere, but insisted Harrison Petty won't be going any despite trade speculation.

Meanwhile, Melbourne, like most clubs, will attempt to trade up the draft board. The Demons have a strong pick arsenal with picks 5 and 13 and a willingness to also offer future selections.

"We'll have a crack. That's something I think everyone now tries to do. That's something we'll look at." - Owen Leonard

Western Bulldogs picks 10, 17 & a F1 for pick 4. That's a lot of bites at the first round in exchange for one bloke.
Absolutely – the only players that I'd consider making that move for are Reid, McKercher, Duursma, Curtin and Walter, and they'll all be off the board by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting so much faith in Petty and JVR to be the answer with very little behind them.
Well. Jefferson.
And we literally have Tmac and Brown who refuse to go away. I really don't understand what people think we can add here

Putting so much faith in Petty and JVR to be the answer with very little behind them.
Honestly, Collingwood winning the flag with Mihocek, Frampton and Cameron probably didn't help with our sense of urgency.

Is Will Gould being cut by Sydney a surprise? Can't say I've seen heaps but the couple of times I had seen him he looked a likely type. Would think somebody would pick him up DFA.
I just read that as well.

Highly rated in his draft year, can't say i've seen him since. But mustn't be great given Sydney seem light on for KPD depth.

I just read that as well.

Highly rated in his draft year, can't say i've seen him since. But mustn't be great given Sydney seem light on for KPD depth.
Prodigious kick of the footy, but isn't in great shape, is slow and not a great 1:1 defender. If he got a second chance, there's some tools there, but he'd want to be a lot fitter.

People really need to stop treating the AFL trade period like it's the NBA though. Players need to want to come here, and if you're a KPF looking at how Melbourne has moved the ball over the last couple of years, why would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back