Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Well. Jefferson.
And we literally have Tmac and Brown who refuse to go away. I really don't understand what people think we can add here
We surely couldn't be expecting Jefferson to play a big role for us next year. I'd be shocked if he played more than half a dozen games.

It's been said a million times but not making a play for Chol or Koschitzke is baffling.

Fullarton in front of tweedledee and tweedledum is nice I suppose.

People really need to stop treating the AFL trade period like it's the NBA though. Players need to want to come here, and if you're a KPF looking at how Melbourne has moved the ball over the last couple of years, why would you?

Because "our game is in great shape" and "lots of other teams would love to be in our position"

Because "our game is in great shape" and "lots of other teams would love to be in our position"
They should all come down to our environment and see for themselves

We surely couldn't be expecting Jefferson to play a big role for us next year. I'd be shocked if he played more than half a dozen games.

It's been said a million times but not making a play for Chol or Koschitzke is baffling.

Fullarton in front of tweedledee and tweedledum is nice I suppose.
Maybe we did? Maybe we said hey chol you wanna come to Melbourne and play 0 games if Petty and JVR stay fit and he said how about no?

We probably have no money to spend on a reserves key forward seeing as we are paying two geriatric ****s to play there already

People really need to stop treating the AFL trade period like it's the NBA though. Players need to want to come here, and if you're a KPF looking at how Melbourne has moved the ball over the last couple of years, why would you?
You have to court players though which we haven't.

Pretty similar actually, fair comparison. Though he's a bit heavier and a touch slower.
He must be ****ing shit if they got rid of him. They've given games to some bloody average defenders and made them look over the years.

Tbh, I'm all in on the mini-rebuild year. Hit the draft hard, play some kids, evolve the gameplan, give Petty and JVR 12 months to see if it'll work, then hit trades/FA hard next year with the cap space we'll have from the dinosaurs retiring.

Fair enough but then what are we doing to improve this? McAdam isn’t going to sort this out, nor will O’Sullivan.

Best chance is to ****off Langdon and bring in Windsor if he is on the board at 13

Fair enough but then what are we doing to improve this? McAdam isn’t going to sort this out, nor will O’Sullivan.
I can't comment too much without knowing what's going on behind the scenes. For all we know, Lamb and co might have explored those options throughout the year, and nothing eventuated.

I doubt we really have the cap space to offer a KPF a ridiculous deal to get them to move over from their current club. Could just be a matter of giving Petty and JVR the chance to make it work for a whole year before deciding – then there's Jefferson, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't comment too much without knowing what's going on behind the scenes. For all we know, Lamb and co might have explored those options throughout the year, and nothing eventuated.

I doubt we really have the cap space to offer a KPF a ridiculous deal to get them to move over from their current club. Could just be a matter of giving Petty and JVR the chance to make it work for a whole year before deciding – then there's Jefferson, too.

With Grundy 650k and Harmes 550k surely that’s a good starting point cap wise. Lazy 1.2m

With Grundy 650k and Harmes 550k surely that’s a good starting point cap wise. Lazy 1.2m
In isolation, yes, but you still need to replace those guys and their salaries to fill out the list. Also, it's never quite that simple, for all we know, there could be some back-ended deals that increase in value next year, meaning we need to offload types like Harmes to stay under the cap.

Hard to know when cap and salary data isn't publicly-accessible.

Would be nice to get a midfielder who could hit a target in the corridor so we don’t end up playing predictable down the line every game like we usually do.

That in itself will help sort our forward line.

Tbh, I'm all in on the mini-rebuild year. Hit the draft hard, play some kids, evolve the gameplan, give Petty and JVR 12 months to see if it'll work, then hit trades/FA hard next year with the cap space we'll have from the dinosaurs retiring.
With this in mind, I hope we do exercise a bit of caution if we look to move our F1. If it secures us McKercher somehow, I'll live, but we'd be a decent bet for a team to deathride next year (IMO).

Not trying to be negative, either. Sometimes a small step back to take a bigger step forward is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back