Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I would rather use our F1st for Geelongs pick 7

F1 + 13 for 7 and take Caddy.

Pick 10 (13 after compos) is where it drops off.
If we do that, it means we would've spent four first-rounders on KPFs over the course of 3-4 years (JVR in 2021, Jefferson in 2022 and Caddy in 2023/24).

Huge investment when we have a dearth of young midfield talent on the list. Caddy isn't the sort of player I'd want to spend two first-rounders on, personally. Has talent, but is more of a 'tweener' type who can go missing for long periods.

If we do that, it means we would've spent four first-rounders on KPFs over the course of 3-4 years (JVR in 2021, Jefferson in 2022 and Caddy in 2023/24).

Huge investment when we have a dearth of young midfield talent on the list. Caddy isn't the sort of player I'd want to spend two first-rounders on, personally. Has talent, but is more of a 'tweener' type who can go missing for long periods.

Would give us 2 of Sanders/O’Sullivan and Caddy

Would take that

Would give us 2 of Sanders/O’Sullivan and Caddy

Would take that
I'm just wary of trading next year's first, too. It's a bit of a risk as we're a live chance to drop back to the pack a bit IMO. Still, guess that's the chance you take.

I think we’d have put the feelers out about several key forwards. Not saying I agree or not. But clearly we rate our current players enough to go forward or we’ll have our eyes on future players etc.
So then we wouldn't have put out feelers. It's a waste of time

If the Suns trade 10 For 26 & 34 & 40 it would turn 1395 into 1700; our draft hand would be 5,10 and 13.
It'd be nice, but they'd get a much better deal from Adelaide IMO.

Hopefully Sydney’s 11 is part of Grundy n pick trade combo. They have openly said they don’t care about draft this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially when we drop out of the 8. Gonna be like 23 and a future first for 10
That pick gets pushed back to 15ish in all likelihood. It's such a dumb bet for the risk

I would rather use our F1st for Geelongs pick 7

F1 + 13 for 7 and take Caddy.

Pick 10 (13 after compos) is where it drops off.

What in the world do expect Caddy to do for us other than sit in the reserves and pray he develops (Jefferson x2)

So then we wouldn't have put out feelers. It's a waste of time
I meant by not chasing any other than Fullarton if we couldn’t land a big fish. I’m different we would’ve assessed who’s attainable. But probably also didn’t want to sell the farm. Recognised we lose Grundy but need a forward ruck so had a word to Fullarton. I’m sure if Carlton and McKay for instance were keen on a trade we’d have heavily explored wether us fans like it or not.

I actually can't believe that Dogs deal. Two first-rounders for a six-pick upgrade, when the clear top-five will all be off the board. Ludicrous really.
Man id be furious if Melb did this, its the worst trade since GC gave up pick 7 to Geelong just for taking on Bowes, funny that GC were in both deals and on either side but honestly these are 2 all time bad trades. 3 1sts to move up 6 spots???, hell id think pick 1 would barely be worth paying what the dogs payed...

So on a diff note, why are Melb trading Grundy if we arent bringing in anyone? Like they say you cant have someone on that money as a back up but where else is the money going? We arent bringing in anyone and Mcadam isnt gonna be on 700k, why not just keep Grundy unless we can actually get a player or pick worth something...

Man id be furious if Melb did this, its the worst trade since GC gave up pick 7 to Geelong just for taking on Bowes, funny that GC were in both deals and on either side but honestly these are 2 all time bad trades. 3 1sts to move up 6 spots???, hell id think pick 1 would barely be worth paying what the dogs payed...

So on a diff note, why are Melb trading Grundy if we arent bringing in anyone? Like they say you cant have someone on that money as a back up but where else is the money going? We arent bringing in anyone and Mcadam isnt gonna be on 700k, why not just keep Grundy unless we can actually get a player or pick worth something...
Dude is halfway out the door already. Something's going on for Schache to get a spot over him in finals.

Three reasons I'm guessing:

1. Avoids the weekly media circus
2. Keeping him and letting him rot at Casey probably wouldn't look too good for us when pitching to future trade targets.
3. Risk. If he gets injured or falls off a cliff entirely, we're stuck with the remainder of that contract. Might as well move him while we can.

Dude is halfway out the door already. Something's going on for Schache to get a spot over him in finals.
I get that, pretty obv there's been some kind of fall put behind closed doors between he and the coaches or the rest of the playing group.

Anyways, I guess my point is more why are we not doing anything big this period when we have Grundy's money coming off the books as opposed to we should keep Grundy.

Just feels like it should be one or the other, Grundy leaving? Ok well go out and make an offer to a good f.a who will improve our team. Like why wouldn't we go after Gresham for instance? Maybe we did and maybe he got sold the midfield dream at Essendon but would've loved to see him come in as a dangerous half fwd.

Anyways I get trade period isn't done and something may come up like Lachie hunter did last yr on the last few days but I just hope we actually do something to try and improve our fwd line rather than just trading Grundy, losing some depth and adding Mcadam.

Anyone know if the last hour of trade period is televised?

Keen to get in a fix of some final Dedoro fist pumps before he wraps up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back