Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
It's not just a future first for 10 its gonna be more points this yr as well that GC are chasing, we absolutely have the firepower to get this done if we want, just a question of what the price is, if the price is anything like 4 i dont want it lol.
is the chase for pick 10 that desirable? With the north comp pick its 11. does pick 6 +11 get us a top 3 pick? would we want to do that?

is the chase for pick 10 that desirable? With the north comp pick its 11. does pick 6 +11 get us a top 3 pick? would we want to do that?

Adelaide will get pick 10.

Our trading up approach is now being employed by other teams so we will fail again like in 2023 at it

Adelaide and Bulldogs who have better hands are running at it.

We will take 7, 17 and a bunch of dudd picks in the 30s to the draft like we did last year with 15.

Last edited:

Adelaide will get pick 10.

Our trading up approach is now being employed by other teams so we will fail again like in 2023 at it

We will take 7, 17 and a bunch of dudd picks in the 30s to the draft like we did last year with 15.
If they are trading a F1 for it let them have it. Absolute gift for the Suns

They will, GC need some benefit for it. Points alone is easy to get, F1sts if where the value is.
Just seems crazy to me tbh. Adelaide going to pay that and extra for what will most likely be a worse pick than they'll get next year. I'd hate if we traded a F1 for 10 this year.

Just seems crazy to me tbh. Adelaide going to pay that and extra for what will most likely be a worse pick than they'll get next year. I'd hate if we traded a F1 for 10 this year.

Bunch of dinky picks in the 30s ain’t getting us pick 10

If a F1 is involved I agree but it will be interesting to see where the Sun's make up the rest of their points.

Our F1 and dinky picks in the 30s from Dees

Adelaide F1 and bunch of dinky picks in the 20s

Would be what’s on the table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our F1 and dinky picks in the 30s from Dees

Adelaide F1 and bunch of dinky picks in the 20s

Would be what’s on the table
I know how you love saying dinky but I don't understand your stance. You want us to trade up the draft order so we can pick up a superstar that at best is a quarter the player of Clayton Oliver who you wanted to trade out? Makes no sense to me.

We've got pick 7, 17, plus about 3 or 4 picks in the 30's which can be bundled for another pick in the early 20's. A pretty amazing draft hand for a top 4 team.

I'm not contesting anything you're saying. Just saying it's way overs for what will essentially end up as pick 14 at least.

Our F1st would be on paper between 13-16

Usually you need to pay a bit of a tax to bring in a player a year earlier so I don’t think it is the worst trade scenario.

That is as long as we don’t tank (which we might).

I know how you love saying dinky but I don't understand your stance. You want us to trade up the draft order so we can pick up a superstar that at best is a quarter the player of Clayton Oliver who you wanted to trade out? Makes no sense to me.

We've got pick 7, 17, plus about 3 or 4 picks in the 30's which can be bundled for another pick in the early 20's. A pretty amazing draft hand for a top 4 team.

I am saying other clubs are now trumping us on our own strategy of trading up in parallel that picks 7,17 won’t provide us with a substantial improvement to our team in 2024.

Trade up strategy unfortunately failed for us on 2023, and possibly again in 2024.

I would like it to work, but can’t see us pulling it off.

Our F1st would be on paper between 13-16

Usually you need to pay a bit of a tax to bring in a player a year earlier so I don’t think it is the worst trade scenario.

That is as long as we don’t tank (which we might).
I could easily see us missing the 8 next year. Plenty of teams will improve imo. It would be a bad bet. We've been pretty lucky trading future firsts but that luck will run out eventually.

I could easily see us missing the 8 next year. Plenty of teams will improve imo. It would be a bad bet. We've been pretty lucky trading future firsts but that luck will run out eventually.
Yeah we'll miss top 4 for sure.

I still think we at least sneak into finals. Other clubs are passing us right as we speak consider we've done absolutely nothing to address our needs.

I still think we at least sneak into finals. Other clubs are passing us right as we speak consider we've done absolutely nothing to address our needs.
If I'm Gold Coast I'd back us to regress over the Crows too.

Bulldogs: Watson, Harmes, Coffield, Croft, Leppitsch

Sydney: Grundy, Taylor, Jordan, Hamling

Collingwood: Schultz, Billing’s, Doedee, Goldstein (yes they missed on 2 but has a crack).

Essendon: Goldstein, McKay, Gresham, Duursma

Demons: Mcadams, Fullerton

We are being passed just like 2023 trade period. Our club is arrogant as evident in Steven Mays speech.

Also Shultz is very infuriating requesting Collingwood. Prime age, hits targets, kicks goals. Has general forward craft and movement (ie good at leading and drawing out space behind him, but smart enough to get front and centre when needed)

Simple jealousy though, i hate it when the strong clubs get stronger that aren't my own

Anyone else concerned our list is going backwards this off-season?

Firstly we have lost Melksham and Hibberd. McAdam helps a bit here (if he can stay on the park).

Then we have lost Jordan/Dunstan and likely Harmes - who are our next depth mids after this? Laurie?

Thirdly we are trading out the best backup ruckman in the league to a direct competitor in Grundy, while replacing him with Fullerton

Yes we will have picks 7,17 but I can’t see how that puts us ahead of what we have going out. May and Gawn also another year older.

Last edited:
Anyone else concerned our list is going backwards this off-season?

Firstly we have lost Melksham and Hibberd. McAdam helps a bit here

Then we have lost Jordan/Dunstan and likely Harmes - who are our next depth mids after this? Laurie?

Thirdly we are trading out the best backup ruckman in the league to a direct competitor in Grundy, while replacing him with Fullerton

Yes we will have picks 7,17 but I can’t see how that puts us ahead of what we have going out. May and Gawn also another year older.
Our VFL team's taken a hit, especially with Moose gone, but our AFL team will be alright. Need plenty of luck to win a premiership anyway.

Everyone will miss Pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back