Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Three reasons I'm guessing:

1. Avoids the weekly media circus
2. Keeping him and letting him rot at Casey probably wouldn't look too good for us when pitching to future trade targets.
3. Risk. If he gets injured or falls off a cliff entirely, we're stuck with the remainder of that contract. Might as well move him while we can.
True. Good points you raise. I guess the money could just go to extending JVR, Jefferson and other young players. Just feels like we aren't doing a whole lot to improve when we should be super active in trying to improve our fwd line.

It rly was the difference between a premiership and a straight sets exit. I still wince looking at that f50 count against Collingwood. Can't believe we almost doubled them and lost. We rly should be winning multiple premierships with this midfield & defence.

Just worth keeping an eye on I guess

This is one I think we should go hard after. I know he's 35 but he's still capable of breaking games open and is miles ahead of Schache. Give him 2 yrs of that Grundy money, let him play FF and take JVR under his wing and then in 2 yrs Jefferson should be ready. Rkn he's our only shot at a decent key fwd this yr tho not sure if he's open to a move.

Last year I didn't want Grundy. This year, I don't want Hawkins. Can we stop getting washed up hacks and go for guns that are under 25. Buku Khamis would've been great, Koschitzke would've been fantastic.

Last year I didn't want Grundy. This year, I don't want Hawkins. Can we stop getting washed up hacks and go for guns that are under 25. Buku Khamis would've been great, Koschitzke would've been fantastic.
Hawkins kicked 49 goals this year, he'd be our best forward for a year while also being massive for JVR and Jefferson's development. Would be way more valuable than either of those players for a team trying to win a flag.

Well, that's certainly the first time I've heard Jacob Koschitzke and Buku Khamis referred to as 'guns'.

A 'washed-up', 35-year-old Hawkins kicked 49 goals in 20 games this year. Khamis and Koschitzke (both 23) have combined for 60 goals over their entire careers.

Well, that's certainly the first time I've heard Jacob Koschitzke and Buku Khamis referred to as 'guns'.

A 'washed-up', 35-year-old Hawkins kicked 49 goals in 20 games this year. Khamis and Koschitzke (both 23) have combined for 60 goals over their entire careers.
Sorry that last sentence was supposed to be separate. More like 'Hell even Khamis and Koschitzke would've been great'.

Yeah, and people told me that Grundy was the 2nd best ruckman in the league last pre-season. But whenever I watched Grundy I saw nothing but a 2nd grader.

I'm not saying I'm against Hawkins coming to the club, but let's not pretend he's going to make us much better. Probably similar to a Ben Brown type influence in 2021. Serviceable.

A
Absolutely, we should be going hard for any good forward that comes on the market, we cant be going forward with our fwd line as it is.
Agreed 100%. Need to make changes and I don’t care if a tall is needed and his a small… changes are still needed

Hawkins kicked 49 goals this year, he'd be our best forward for a year while also being massive for JVR and Jefferson's development. Would be way more valuable than either of those players for a team trying to win a flag.
Yeah individually he would be. Joel Smith looked so dangerous in the finals. I would've loved to see Joel Smith, Fritsch and Khamis flying for marks. It would've been good. I feel like Hawkins will only further encourage the bomb high and long ball movement. And he's only getting older and slower. I'd take him for a 1 year rental though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah individually he would be. Joel Smith looked so dangerous in the finals. I would've loved to see Joel Smith, Fritsch and Khamis flying for marks. It would've been good. I feel like Hawkins will only further encourage the bomb high and long ball movement. And he's only getting older and slower. I'd take him for a 1 year rental though.
Honestly get the feeling Hawkins would be a strong enough voice to demand better entries. I'd absolutely take him for a year and transition him into a forward coaching role. But it won't happen. Lamb already said we weren't going to try and improve that area.

His behind a norm smith medallist’s? Think you are over rating him a bit.

He won’t get a run ahead of Mcreery either while Missus Mcreery is doing pep-talks to the boys.
Schultz is miles ahead of Ginnivan and Mcreery and ahead of Bobby Hill. Yes, Hill played amazingly well in the granny but Schultz is a great player himself. Basically does what Hill does, but does it with physicality.

He's nominated Collingwood. Which is a massive shame.

Schultz is miles ahead of Ginnivan and Mcreery and ahead of Bobby Hill. Yes, Hill played amazingly well in the granny but Schultz is a great player himself. Basically does what Hill does, but does it with physicality.

Collingwood continue to improve there list while Dees put out statements saying they arnt going to try to bring in forwards.

I mean unless we can get Jeremy Cameron or someone, Hawkings is exactly the player we should be going after, think of it like when we got Jordan Lewis. A vet to come in, show some leadership in the fwd line, mentor JVR & Jefferson and bridge the gap while Jefferson gets older and stronger. We only need Hawkings for 1-2 yrs, even at his age he is way better than any of the key forwards we have currently except maybe JVR and possibly Petty. But he'd be good depth, he's a proven winner and would take a good tall defender. We go in with him Petty & JVR + Fritsch, Mcadam & the small forwards and our forward line looks a whole lot more dangerous.

Schultz too, we need another small fwd who is actually capable of kicking 3 or 4, it cant just be Kozzy and Fritsch, maybe Chandler can be that guy, he certainly was earlier in the yr so not ready to write him off but his 2nd half of the yr was not particularly impressive.

Wait what, i see nthn about this anywhere, this is a really huge let down if this is true. Collingwood do not need more small forwards, , if this is true we should go after Ginnivan or someone.

I mean unless we can get Jeremy Cameron or someone, Hawkings is exactly the player we should be going after, think of it like when we got Jordan Lewis. A vet to come in, show some leadership in the fwd line, mentor JVR & Jefferson and bridge the gap while Jefferson gets older and stronger. We only need Hawkings for 1-2 yrs, even at his age he is way better than any of the key forwards we have currently except maybe JVR and possibly Petty. But he'd be good depth, he's a proven winner and would take a good tall defender. We go in with him Petty & JVR + Fritsch, Mcadam & the small forwards and our forward line looks a whole lot more dangerous.

Schultz too, we need another small fwd who is actually capable of kicking 3 or 4, it cant just be Kozzy and Fritsch, maybe Chandler can be that guy, he certainly was earlier in the yr so not ready to write him off but his 2nd half of the yr was not particularly impressive.
Schultz has nominated the pies. but yeah, I'd be open to it. I just don't want our fanbase carrying on with all this 'tap brothers' nonsense like we did with Grundy when, in my eyes, it was never going to work. A bit of an eye opener for us to just hold fire and wait to see if Hawkins actually plays well before we celebrate his inclusion (if he comes).

But generally speaking, I cannot understand why we wouldn't have gone Chol.

Wait what, i see nthn about this anywhere, this is a really huge let down if this is true. Collingwood do not need more small forwards, , if this is true we should go after Ginnivan or someone.
Just announced on trade radio.

I don't want Ginnivan. He's a spud that could only hit the scoreboard when he flops. Also, questionable character with his off field shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back