Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Off the top of my head:
  • Tom Fullarton
  • Mabior Chol (though more a forward)
  • Matthew Flynn
  • Sam Hayes (if Grundy goes to Port)
  • Nick Bryan
  • Braydon Preuss
  • Jordon Sweet
There are always a handful of options in the offseason ruck merry-go-round
Nick Byran

If Thomas didnt have off field issues you'd be looking at 2 firsts and 1 of them being in the 5-7 range id think.

Any talk of us doing it is a longshot anyway until we hear something, we likely have other plans with what they are doing with our own first. Just saying if using that pick to trade for GC's pick 4 fell thru its something id like to think we'd look at.

No ****ing way

That would be way overs for him

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

No ******* way

That would be way overs for him

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Did you read my post correctly? I said if he didnt have off field issues thats what he could potentially be worth, im saying id offer our own pick , not the Fremantle one or both.

I think for a pick in the late teens hes absolutely worth that in what is a somewhat shallow draft.

I don't mind "off-field issues" when it's partying, drug-taking, being a bit of a loose unit. Culturally, these are important traits for beautiful Melbourne Demons players. But it's possible to go hard at the disco and give 100% on the training track and on the field. I just don't see that with Thomas. Reckon he's destined to a Jesse Hogan type career at best, "what might have been".

I don't mind "off-field issues" when it's partying, drug-taking, being a bit of a loose unit. Culturally, these are important traits for beautiful Melbourne Demons players. But it's possible to go hard at the disco and give 100% on the training track and on the field. I just don't see that with Thomas. Reckon he's destined to a Jesse Hogan type career at best, "what might have been".

I'd be depressed and not look like I gave a shit if I played for North every week also TBF.

I’d be a bit disappointed if we got less than pick 30 for Grundy.

Topkent made a good point about not missing the opportunity to move him on, but unless we have a specific trade target or salary cap need, I would be ok with just keeping him on the list next year.

Don’t think it’ll happen (that he’ll be on our list next year) but I think we should press for a pick as close to 20 as possible.

I saw Tarryn Thomas play live the other week. He is an elite talent. If he got everything right off the field he has top 10 in the league potential. Not sure we’d take the risk but you won’t find a better talent at pick 15 or so.
IMO north hang on to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Tarryn Thomas play live the other week. He is an elite talent. If he got everything right off the field he has top 10 in the league potential. Not sure we’d take the risk but you won’t find a better talent at pick 15 or so.
IMO north hang on to him.
They took a punt on that Gold Coast/Fremantle player from memory. It almost worked. I would be surprised if they picked him up (even though he is a talent).

They took a punt on that Gold Coast/Fremantle player from memory. It almost worked. I would be surprised if they picked him up (even though he is a talent).
Bennell? Never really looked like he was going to recapture his talent tbh.

Lol could Grundy finish as the most hated 1 year demon ever?

Discuss
After seeing him not playing but signing autographs for kids in wheelchairs during the game at Bellerive, no. No hate from me. The guy is a gentleman and not his fault he was sold an idea that didn't work out. It's a professional industry and he will find a new home that pays him what he's worth.

Don't see what the big deal about him meeting with Port is either. Very unlikely he will be playing again for us and I'm sure he wants the certainly especially if he needs to move interstate.

Did you read my post correctly? I said if he didnt have off field issues thats what he could potentially be worth, im saying id offer our own pick , not the Fremantle one or both.

I think for a pick in the late teens hes absolutely worth that in what is a somewhat shallow draft.
I get what you are saying, but I think his output and overall level is almost be over valued because of his off field issues

I mean he isn't a dud at all, he is probably an icing on top of the cake type player. But I reckon he would be a Jack Martin type, which would be no where near two first rounders (one being an early pick)

After seeing him not playing but signing autographs for kids in wheelchairs during the game at Bellerive, no. No hate from me. The guy is a gentleman and not his fault he was sold an idea that didn't work out. It's a professional industry and he will find a new home that pays him what he's worth.

Don't see what the big deal about him meeting with Port is either. Very unlikely he will be playing again for us and I'm sure he wants the certainly especially if he needs to move interstate.
29 year old ruckman who is clearly in the few best in his position goes to a strong club and falls out of the team. Is then offered a chance to go to another contender and play.

Have no issue with him wanting to move on (even if I would like to see him stay), what does he owe us? we never developed him, hell we never even really paid all his wage.

I agree that its not a great look meeting with clubs early but this is a business after all. Who here that works in a corporate environment hasn't gone for a job interview while still employed by someone else? and cant still do their current job well? Now imagine that scenery but you aren't going for a job interview, you are being poached....

29 year old ruckman who is clearly in the few best in his position goes to a strong club and falls out of the team. Is then offered a chance to go to another contender and play.

Have no issue with him wanting to move on (even if I would like to see him stay), what does he owe us? we never developed him, hell we never even really paid all his wage.

I agree that its not a great look meeting with clubs early but this is a business after all. Who here that works in a corporate environment hasn't gone for a job interview while still employed by someone else? and cant still do their current job well? Now imagine that scenery but you aren't going for a job interview, you are being poached....
Exactly. People go for job interviews all the time whilst employed with a different employer. They still do their job and be professional. Just this guy has a bunch of media snooping around and reporting it.

Exactly. People go for job interviews all the time whilst employed with a different employer. They still do their job and be professional. Just this guy has a bunch of media snooping around and reporting it.
Don't reckon when two rival companies are in the midst of a buy out or merger type scenario one of the managers goes across and has a meeting with the head and execs of the other company.

Wouldn't take much for Grundy to slide some game plan info over if he's that annoyed at the situation

I get what you are saying, but I think his output and overall level is almost be over valued because of his off field issues

I mean he isn't a dud at all, he is probably an icing on top of the cake type player. But I reckon he would be a Jack Martin type, which would be no where near two first rounders (one being an early pick)
Taryn Thomas does not play like Jack Martin at all

Plays more like JDG if you want to compare him to someone.
Exactly who I would have said, he's probably the perfect definition of the outside speed and class mid this board wanks over who isn't shit and flaky.

More I think about it the more I think if he's actually available we'd be dead set stupid not to get him. Get Choco Williams working with him

Exactly who I would have said, he's probably the perfect definition of the outside speed and class mid this board wanks over who isn't s**t and flaky.

More I think about it the more I think if he's actually available we'd be dead set stupid not to get him. Get Choco Williams working with him

Explosive athlete, can get up and take a big hanger too. Reckon if you got him fit (coz I dont really think he is) he could be anything.

Might turn out to be a Sylvia where he simply doesnt want it enough but thats why you'd have a chat with him first before trading to try and get an understanding for where he's at mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back