Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 13 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziebell- C.Warner
Greenwood- D.Cameron
Sheezel - Jake Lloyd.

Casting my eye over the slim pickings coming off their bye. Is Lloyd actually an option? Averaging 95 and been fairly consistent. Feels similar to Stew as in he'll be at the bottom end of the top 6-8 but safe to be thereabouts.

Wouldn't be thrilled about it but can he do a job? Saints right off the bat is nice who have been the easiest (I think) team for defenders

whats peoples thoughts on trading out sheezel/ziebell? Sheezel moving roles during games could result in inconsistent scoring. Ziebells role is killed at the moment will hall in. Probably would prefer to keep Ziebell over sheezel.
I’m trading out Sheeze this week. If he was set in that half back role where he has thrived, rather than mid and fwd, I would have kept him but he hasn’t, so might as well trade him, as his scoring is volatile. I’ve brought in Jackson for some ruck cover

Casting my eye over the slim pickings coming off their bye. Is Lloyd actually an option? Averaging 95 and been fairly consistent. Feels similar to Stew as in he'll be at the bottom end of the top 6-8 but safe to be thereabouts.

Wouldn't be thrilled about it but can he do a job? Saints right off the bat is nice who have been the easiest (I think) team for defenders
He’s always good for a 90 and then has a few games where he can drop a 110-120. Good pick for the price.

Im tossing up between him and Ryan as an in. Leaning towards Ryan as it stands

whats peoples thoughts on trading out sheezel/ziebell? Sheezel moving roles during games could result in inconsistent scoring. Ziebells role is killed at the moment will hall in. Probably would prefer to keep Ziebell over sheezel.
I think the R15 bye my trades might be to downgrade Wardlaw and then use that to upgrade Sheezel and Ziebell

Bro how are people trading in keays, Briggs, Greenwood and all these players, on a round 14/15 bye? Post trades I've got 17 green dots round 14 and 15 and trying to trade out players on that bye.. are people just not planning to field 20 or?
For me personally, I'm fine for round 14. Round 15, everyone is in trouble and will have rookies in their top 18

Slight amendment to my trades, as Greenwood should be back Round 14 and will help me that week. Ward looking like he has Jelly's role for the next 2 weeks at least, and should score higher than a JZ affected Hall/Wardlaw. Better than a 400k rook in my eyes.

Fiorini > Ward
JZ > Andy Bray
Sheezel > Serong

Gives me this starting 18 + bench loop rooks if one of them goes well:

DEF: Dawson, Naicos, Hunt (Cincotta, Wilmot)

MID: Taranto, Brayshaw, Zerrett, T. Green, Laird, Serong, C. Ward (M. Johnson)

RUC: R. Marshall, Briggs (McAndrew)

FWD: Dunkley, Gulden, Butters, Cogs, Rozee, Keays (Pedlar, JVR)

Made up 4200 spots in one week from trades and captaincy alone last week - and would have probably been another 1000 spots had Greenwood not got concussed.

Despite the absolute train wreck horror season, byes are always fun for me, and trading always draws me back in. If I come out better than I started, may give it one last crack.

Sheez > Sinclair
Worpel > Ch. Warner
Cincotta > M. Johnson

Leaves $30k in the bank so less flexibility next week but if RatPasta go next week that's a decent amount of cash to leverage.

Two 'up' given Sheezel's drop off, pending teams think this is what I'll go with. RatPasta can wait a week since they're not playing this week anyway so not dropping any cash. Means I have 22 this week (but 4 more premiums, arguably 5 depending on how you define Sheezel compared to Rd 12).

EDIT: Johnson and Warner being pure mids stuffs my structure a little bit this week which means I'll only have 21 on field but someone to loop with which isn't the end of the world given the number of premiums I'll be fielding, but not optimal.

Not sure Sinc is the best defender to aim for, would be good to be able to hold off and get Sic but not sure it's worth it for the two weeks of cash loss on Sheez and potential dud scores (not that Sinc has been showing much better than Sheez other than that ceiling 141?). I'm eying off Atkins to Sic after his bye if Atkins can hold out that long.

Last edited:
I think the R15 bye my trades might be to downgrade Wardlaw and then use that to upgrade Sheezel and Ziebell
Problem is they’ll be worth peanuts in 3 weeks the way they’re going with 138 and 117 BE’s

Think moving on one of them this week then the other and Wardlow up down in round 15 is the way to go

Is it worth bringing in Jackson over Keays, because Keays has the bye straight after? Currently got Keays, but gee it's dicey with only 16 currently for R14. Traded Ziebell, Sheez and De Goey to Ryan, Serong and Keays.

Lloyd and Ryan are definitely going to be the pick of the cheapish off their bye DEF’s this week. Very hard to split them though.

Lloyd

Four tons, four 90s, one 80, two 70s, one 60.

Has four of his next five at the SCG where he hasn’t dropped below 90 so far.

Has St Kilda this week who leak points to defenders.

The Lizard hasn’t been taking his touches as feared.

In the right situation can seagull it up like he’s known for.

Still the main kick in taker.

Ryan

Five tons, two 90s, two 80s, one 70, one 60

Three of his next five at Optus, lowest score of 83.

Prone to a good spike score from time to time.

In competition with Young for the cheap +6s.

Is a kick in taker.

At this stage, I’m picking Lloyd for that consistent SCG record

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

27 green dots in the rotation, 7 byes out of the way, 4 this week, 6 next week, 10 on the final bye. 273k banked.

At the moment, leaning this way

T1: Ziebell to Yeo
T2: Greenwood to Serong

T3: Atkins to either Heeney & 57k or Jackson & 37k
or
Cincotta to Kiddy Coleman & 48k
Uwland to Worrell & 41k

Annoyingly, most 'good targets' have that final bye. Todd Marshall, Himmelberg, Tarryn Thomas, Briggs, Ward & Will Phillips all present some value to me. And 17k short of being able to go Sheezel to Brayshaw.

Could go Cal Ward instead of Yeo, which means I could get Atkins to Lloyd, Ryan or Hayden Young - but none of those options really capture me & Ward doesn't suit my bye at all. Or Sheezel to Brayshaw. But I'm not as keen to ditch Sheezel yet - I think if anything the take away for North will be that Hall certainly, and maybe JZ, need to reduce their roles which I reckon helps Sheez. And priced at 92 with an avg of 98 and what he did in the role early season - there's still 'value' there.

I guess could Still go Ward given with the JZ/Greenwood outs I'd be moving to 9 on that bye anyway with 6 trades left. Greenwood's concussion stings so much, looked on the cusp for a good few extra poitns and probably 100k cash gen thru the next few weeks. Was the right pick.

27 green dots in the rotation, 7 byes out of the way, 4 this week, 6 next week, 10 on the final bye. 273k banked.

At the moment, leaning this way

T1: Ziebell to Yeo
T2: Greenwood to Serong

T3: Atkins to either Heeney & 57k or Jackson & 37k
or
Cincotta to Kiddy Coleman & 48k
Uwland to Worrell & 41k

Annoyingly, most 'good targets' have that final bye. Todd Marshall, Himmelberg, Tarryn Thomas, Briggs, Ward & Will Phillips all present some value to me. And 17k short of being able to go Sheezel to Brayshaw.

Could go Cal Ward instead of Yeo, which means I could get Atkins to Lloyd, Ryan or Hayden Young - but none of those options really capture me & Ward doesn't suit my bye at all. Or Sheezel to Brayshaw. But I'm not as keen to ditch Sheezel yet - I think if anything the take away for North will be that Hall certainly, and maybe JZ, need to reduce their roles which I reckon helps Sheez. And priced at 92 with an avg of 98 and what he did in the role early season - there's still 'value' there.

I guess could Still go Ward given with the JZ/Greenwood outs I'd be moving to 9 on that bye anyway with 6 trades left. Greenwood's concussion stings so much, looked on the cusp for a good few extra poitns and probably 100k cash gen thru the next few weeks. Was the right pick.

Actually nar stuff it, Sheezel, Ziebell & Greenwood out for Brayshaw, Serong & Cal Ward. Especially in a week where we're all going to have bulk numbers, rookies will just drop off, so might as well go for the big dogs.

Slight amendment to my trades, as Greenwood should be back Round 14 and will help me that week
Except LDU will be back by then ...what was Greenwood's scoring like during games involving LDU ?

Actually nar stuff it, Sheezel, Ziebell & Greenwood out for Brayshaw, Serong & Cal Ward. Especially in a week where we're all going to have bulk numbers, rookies will just drop off, so might as well go for the big dogs.

Nah take this back, I don't think I can do it. Leaves me so exposed in defence - only 8 defender eligible players in the side, 5 of which are Uwland, Chesser, Wilmot, Cincotta and Stewart (bye). So forces me into 21 this week unless Chesser plays, forces a defender trade in next week, while Johnson & JVR ride the pine unable to get on field. I guess it means the 19th worst player in the team would be a Wardlaw/Johnson loop, and 17/18th worst would be Keays/Ward so unlikely to need the extra numbers, but it probably makes more sense to get a Jake Lloyd or Young type this week to add the defensive number and then pick off a Bray/Serong (or even Steele) next week, right?

Is it worth bringing in Jackson over Keays, because Keays has the bye straight after? Currently got Keays, but gee it's dicey with only 16 currently for R14. Traded Ziebell, Sheez and De Goey to Ryan, Serong and Keays.
I'm trading Ziebell to Luke Jackson this week ....one less R15 player ...and Jackson will give me RUCK coverage during English's bye

Just realised Thursday night footy returns this week. I haven’t missed the half and half team sheet nonsense TBH

Lloyd and Ryan are definitely going to be the pick of the cheapish off their bye DEF’s this week. Very hard to split them though.

Lloyd

Four tons, four 90s, one 80, two 70s, one 60.

Has four of his next five at the SCG where he hasn’t dropped below 90 so far.

Has St Kilda this week who leak points to defenders.

The Lizard hasn’t been taking his touches as feared.

In the right situation can seagull it up like he’s known for.

Still the main kick in taker.

Ryan

Five tons, two 90s, two 80s, one 70, one 60

Three of his next five at Optus, lowest score of 83.

Prone to a good spike score from time to time.

In competition with Young for the cheap +6s.

Is a kick in taker.

At this stage, I’m picking Lloyd for that consistent SCG record

*Three of next five as the SCG.

Replace Ziebell with Sheezel and I’m doing the same. Have Nank on R15 bye
My thinking is at 32, Ziebell is an injury / form risk in the back half of the season .....have more faith in Sheezel, who will get a freshen up R15

Is that thinking logical ?

Ah thanks. Misread MCG as SCG for the Richmond game in the app

I had to check for myself as our last game was at home against Carlton so having five of six at home felt off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back