Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 13 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come people seem to be super eager on Ryan ahead of Hayden Young? Ryan's a career 85 guy who had a purple patch at the start of the season when the Dockers were playing regressive footy. First 6 weeks averaged 107. Last 5 weeks averaged 91 which has coincided with the Dockers turning it up a bit.

Young's the opposite - averaged more last year than Ryan had in any season in his career, and was in contention this year as a bloke who was on the cusp. Averaged 81 in the first 6 weeks, but in the last 5, as their form has turned, he's averaged 100.

Young's averaged 19 more since JL changed the gameplan. Ryan 16 less. Up until this year Young had a more fantasy friendly style of play & has the benefit of being the 'future'.

To me it's Lloyd vs Young. Young the more temperamental choice, Lloyd less upside.

How come people seem to be super eager on Ryan ahead of Hayden Young? Ryan's a career 85 guy who had a purple patch at the start of the season when the Dockers were playing regressive footy. First 6 weeks averaged 107. Last 5 weeks averaged 91 which has coincided with the Dockers turning it up a bit.

Young's the opposite - averaged more last year than Ryan had in any season in his career, and was in contention this year as a bloke who was on the cusp. Averaged 81 in the first 6 weeks, but in the last 5, as their form has turned, he's averaged 100.

Young's averaged 19 more since JL changed the gameplan. Ryan 16 less. Up until this year Young had a more fantasy friendly style of play & has the benefit of being the 'future'.

To me it's Lloyd vs Young. Young the more temperamental choice, Lloyd less upside.
Are you considering Yeo after his Bye ?

Good point on Young. For me I’m bringing in Lloyd as it stands, just. Four tons, four high range 90s and only one real “bad” score is unreal consistency for his price.

Plus Blakey ain’t stealing his touches like many feared he would as he’s playing an entirely different role

Last edited:

Are you considering Yeo after his Bye ?

Yep. I'm even kind of considering him this week given how thin I am on his bye (courtesy of the proactive Matt Johnson trade last week) and how thin on Defenders I am - Sheez/Ziebell out leaves me with 8 - 4 premium, 2 rookie, 2 red dot. So need to replace them somewhere.

Smart play is probably to wait a week and see how the body goes once more, especially against the Crows who are notoriously restrictive, but I'm absolutely sold on him as a player/in that role now. Just about the body.

It’s like an evil genius that hates fantasy set up byes this year. Literally only 1 proper premium option (Bray) across both of the first 2 byes

Surely Serong makes it 2? Haha

Good point on Young. For me I’m bringing in Lloyd as it stands, just. Four tons, four high range 90s and only one real “bad” score is unreal consistency for his price.

Plus Blakey ain’t stealing his touches like many feared he would as he’s playing an entirely different role
Is Rampe back this week though?

Thoughts on dumping Anderson?

Sick of him spudding it and not confident he's top 8. Has the ceiling but no consistency.
Forgive his time in Darwin, in fact forgive em all!

Yep. I'm even kind of considering him this week given how thin I am on his bye (courtesy of the proactive Matt Johnson trade last week) and how thin on Defenders I am - Sheez/Ziebell out leaves me with 8 - 4 premium, 2 rookie, 2 red dot. So need to replace them somewhere.

Smart play is probably to wait a week and see how the body goes once more, especially against the Crows who are notoriously restrictive, but I'm absolutely sold on him as a player/in that role now. Just about the body.
I can get both Yeo and Keays ...apologies for the hypocritical posting on Keays kozi ....but I do think now he'll play at least a 3rd game this week in the MIDS

Problem with both Yeo and Keays is they cause a big R14 problem for me .....and solve what was a definite R15 Bye issue

So I may get Yeo after his Bye, given he's playing in ADEL .....and his price isn't likely to go up much

I can get both Yeo and Keays ...apologies for the hypocritical posting on Keays kozi ....but I do think now he'll play at least a 3rd game this week in the MIDS

Problem with both Yeo and Keays is they cause a big R14 problem for me .....and solve what was a definite R15 Bye issue

So I may get Yeo after his Bye, given he's playing in ADEL .....and his price isn't likely to go up much
Off the Keays idea for now anyway.. if I do bring him in will be after his bye. My concern just having a think about it is surely Nick’s can’t keep going with Laird Dawson Keays Sloane taking all the mid minutes and Soligo Rachele etc missing out. Keays will be the first one booted eventually

Off the Keays idea for now anyway.. if I do bring him in will be after his bye. My concern just having a think about it is surely Nick’s can’t keep going with Laird Dawson Keays Sloane taking all the mid minutes and Soligo Rachele etc missing out. Keays will be the first one booted eventually
I agree, and this was my point on Keays .....I think he's a very short term cash grab

Soligo and Rachelle look to be tiring and needing the Bye break

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, stuff it, was going...

De Goey > Neale
Worpel > Warner
Jones > Keays

Doubts on Keays role (plus the R14 bye) and 2 x sub premos doesn't feel right, changing to....

De Goey > Brayshaw
Worpel > Serong
Jones > Johnson

3 players that won't miss a game through the byes, 2 of them proper premos and a cash cow.

Easy to say this as a Keays owner, but I reckon he's a pretty solid avoid guy this week now unless you're confident on his role.

I like the guy more than most Crow supporters. But you've missed the 57k and the 123 points. Now you're probably hoping he gets at least 2 more games around the rotation to break even on the trade.

Genuine question for people smarter then me. Round 15 my worst players will be humper and Hobbs. Like, in my whole team.

Byes are to improve team also, but round 15 I was doing my last 2 red dots to green and a zieball type sideways

Would it not make sense, being highly ranked, to just trade me 3 worst round 15 premos to people not on a bye for a big point grab? Like sheezel, zieball and rozee let's say to keays, Sinclair and an uber premo? Bulk points?

On the chopping block are JZ, Sheezel, Pedlar and Jones.

Crows have WCE at home, so Pedlar/Jonesshould maintain their price. However, JZ has used up all his 9 lives and Sheezel has been pushed out into his non preferred role (F U hall!).

Decision decisions.
Ooohhh, West Coast you say for Crows.... I too was seriously looking to chop Jones and maybe Rachele (not getting CBA's anymore)

Easy to say this as a Keays owner, but I reckon he's a pretty solid avoid guy this week now unless you're confident on his role.

I like the guy more than most Crow supporters. But you've missed the 57k and the 123 points. Now you're probably hoping he gets at least 2 more games around the rotation to break even on the trade.
Last week was the week to grab him. Not a high percentage play now especially with only 1 game before his bye

Who's he coming in for, though? Melican? If so, nothing changes. Fox? Maybe a little. A small? Maybe a lot.
He'll eat into Lloyd a little, especially kick ins, though they do the first kick +6 rather well together.

Last week was the week to grab him. Not a high percentage play now especially with only 1 game before his bye
BE of only 25 still attractive, but you are correct, it narrows the opportunity, and silly if byes numbers are tight.

Anyone think I’m going nuts trading out Day and Tkelly? Absolutely stuffed for next week. Day has been disappointing since he came back and Tkelly is consistent but only for a 90-100

Anyone think I’m going nuts trading out Day and Tkelly? Absolutely stuffed for next week. Day has been disappointing since he came back and Tkelly is consistent but only for a 90-100

Day was on my keeper list, but now a watch, so yes an early jump to an in form premo not silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back