Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 13 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking is at 32, Ziebell is an injury / form risk in the back half of the season .....have more faith in Sheezel, who will get a freshen up R15

Is that thinking logical ?

Issue with Sheez is more role than fatigue though.

Neale interests but also terrifies me this week.

Hawks, Swans, Saints, Tigers, Eagles, Dees next 6 is an unbelievably juicy run for mids.

But, Neale's potentially the most commonly tagged player in the comp, and there's the Nash risk, the Rowbottom risk, the O'Neill risk, and the Harmes risk coming up. Even the Saints could throw a tag.

I don't think the hawks do, but there's every chance he cops one from the Swans, Eagles & Dees. If he doesn't, he'll probably go 115 over the stretch. if he does, it could be 85. Tough choice.

My thinking is at 32, Ziebell is an injury / form risk in the back half of the season .....have more faith in Sheezel, who will get a freshen up R15

Is that thinking logical ?
My concern with Sheezel is the constant changing role he seems to be getting. One quarter he’s in midfield one quarter he’s in forward. Hall is stealing his points too. If he remained in the backline where he has thrived I would have kept him.

Hawks, Swans, Saints, Tigers, Eagles, Dees next 6 is an unbelievably juicy run for mids.

But, Neale's potentially the most commonly tagged player in the comp, and there's the Nash risk, the Rowbottom risk, the O'Neill risk, and the Harmes risk coming up. Even the Saints could throw a tag.

I don't think the hawks do, but there's every chance he cops one from the Swans, Eagles & Dees. If he doesn't, he'll probably go 115 over the stretch. if he does, it could be 85. Tough choice.

I've identified Warner as the 'safer' option with a bit of money saved but an almost similarly consistent recent run of scoring to Neale.

And even without a tag, this is probably his most underwhelming scoring season in a while. A lot of 70s and 80s.

And out of the big mids too, he’s probably the one that can’t cope with a tag well.

Thoughts on dumping Anderson?

Sick of him spudding it and not confident he's top 8. Has the ceiling but no consistency.

I've identified Warner as the 'safer' option with a bit of money saved but an almost similarly consistent recent run of scoring to Neale.

Yeah I just don't think I can do Warner. He was so good last year and only averaged 89. His first 6 weeks this year were ordinary, but he's been super consistent since, no doubt. It's just too small a sample size for me to buy into given last year he was a 'low fantasy, high impact' kind of mid.

And he got tagged out of it a couple of times late last year too. Can definitely see, given his last 5 weeks have been super strong, oppo coaches going after him a bit - ticks the boxes for someone who can get tagged out - it's worked before, not too 'physically big', young & inexperienced coping with them.

As a general note I reckon we'll see the tag come back in over the back end of the season again, anyway. Same thing happened last year, sides started tagging hard after the byes. I reckon it's a mix of teams being a bit more banged up/injured now, so there's 'space in the rotation' to fit the tag, but also coaches just come into the season with these idealistic attachments to game plans and 'their way' of playing footy they've worked on over the off season. But by the halfway mark, cracks emerge, and they're more willing to move away from that.

Sick of him spudding it and not confident he's top 8. Has the ceiling but no consistency.

The opposite. If I was a non-owner I'd bring him in next week.

He's fine. He's been tagged out of it a bit recently and still put up ok scores in doing so, and averaging 100 up in Darwin is something nobody else did. It's 15 points harder to score up there. Now that they're away from there he'll be perfect.

He's fine. He's been tagged out of it a bit recently and still put up ok scores in doing so, and averaging 100 up in Darwin is something nobody else did. It's 15 points harder to score up there. Now that they're away from there he'll be perfect.

Yep I'm considering it next week.

Also on the point about Darwin, people are fixating a bit too much on the scores out the other side of those two games, if Atkins and Fio are still in the team to face Carlton I'm starting to think I might hold them. Burning trades on guys playing games doesn't feel the way to go to maximise scoring, particularly over the byes when we have bad scores dropping off.

Wilmot>Keays
Pedlar>Harrison
Ziebell>Lloyd

Keays is a risk, esp as he probs tags Daicos in R15 but upside is as good as anyone's with CBAs. Ride the low B/E and trade later if required.

Need a rookie and just gone Harrison for now, assume he gets a few weeks until Elliot is back.

JZ looks cooked, Lloyd has saints match up. Bank 50k for a top 6-10 defender.

My concern with Sheezel is the constant changing role he seems to be getting. One quarter he’s in midfield one quarter he’s in forward. Hall is stealing his points too. If he remained in the backline where he has thrived I would have kept him.
Still scoring fairly decently though and clearly still has the ceiling. He isn’t that much worse than other forwards and defenders around. 6th best defender is looking like a Ryan type. I wouldn’t be comfortable trading Sheez for him in a straight swap so I think I’ll keep him. His scoring surely picks back up again when/if Clarko returns

I’m more worried about Ziebell than Sheez. If it’s not spending 90% of the time down back with sideways nothing kicks then Ziebell is a complete non factor. With how competitive North have been lately I can see Ziebell hitting a wall. That 168 was beautiful and a straight swap out of his r15 bye to someone more reliable seems like the move

Was hot on Himmelberg but just saw they have Cumming Haynes Taylor Davis all due back in the next 1-5 weeks..

Can’t see how he survives all of those. Likely to be moved just with Haynes or Cumming back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team post trades if it wasn't bye rounds 😂
I always put my team back together after the byes. See where I stand.
After this week's trades, (Ziebell, Sheez, Worpel to Brayshaw, Neale & Warner)

$189k left for next week, which might just be an offload week to load up $ for Rd 15 trades. I have a few players that are just in til they peak / reach B.E
Screenshot_20230605-122101.png

whats peoples thoughts on trading out sheezel/ziebell? Sheezel moving roles during games could result in inconsistent scoring. Ziebells role is killed at the moment will hall in. Probably would prefer to keep Ziebell over sheezel.
Trading both. I was always weary on Butters getting injured, then thought, I have Ziebs in my side, also a risk. May as well have Butters who has mid time and youth on his side. (May get Butters after his bye) but Ziebell gone this week, needs a seagull role to score. Outside his 168, there's only a 100, 104, 109, 109, then 7 other non tonnes. Had made his money, but now losing cash + a 138 break even.
Yeah I just don't think I can do Warner.
Still undecided on Warner (in at this point) but another $20k gets you Steele. Bit of a name grab. Steele has a good record against Syd, and at the SCG.
Probably go down to the wire for me.
Also Neale with a very good run and L3 of 107 for same price.

Still scoring fairly decently though and clearly still has the ceiling. He isn’t that much worse than other forwards and defenders around. 6th best defender is looking like a Ryan type. I wouldn’t be comfortable trading Sheez for him in a straight swap so I think I’ll keep him. His scoring surely picks back up again when/if Clarko returns

I’m more worried about Ziebell than Sheez. If it’s not spending 90% of the time down back with sideways nothing kicks then Ziebell is a complete non factor. With how competitive North have been lately I can see Ziebell hitting a wall. That 168 was beautiful and a straight swap out of his r15 bye to someone more reliable seems like the move
I’ve traded Sheeze for Jackson to get some ruck cover in becuase that will be valuable in the back end of the season. If it doesn’t work out so be it but it’s worth a punt, and it fixes round 15 a bit.

Then after downgrading Pedlar I can upgrade Wilmot to Lloyd/Ryan becuase I can’t go through another week of Pedlar like scoring on field.

Leaves me this week with a very good 22 that can all score well.

Naicos
Lloyd/Ryan
Redman
Ash
Smithers
Hunt

Bray
Bont
Serong
Walsh
Short
Telly
Nic Martin
Callaghan

RoMa
Nank

TT
Gulden
Dunks
Jackson
Hobbs
Bedford

Last edited:
Samson > McAndrew
Cowan > Jackson
Ziebell > Lloyd

Real happy with red dot to Jacko but Zieb > Lloyd feels a bit sideways. Suppose it’s trading an unknown with Hall taking his points to a more solid type for cheaper.. plus a round 15 which I’m stacked for to one coming off the bye. Still not 100% locked in though

Setting up for S Mitch > Bray next week and Sheez > Oliver in round 15

Only reason I'm considering trading Anderson is because Witho has kind of cooked my plans.

Had planned to upgrade Witho now or at his bye but with Duggan, Barrass and Hurn out, I have to give Witho an extended run.

Holding both Witho and Anderson makes it difficult (but not impossible) to bring in Bray and Sinclair this week.

Still undecided on Warner (in at this point) but another $20k gets you Steele. Bit of a name grab. Steele has a good record against Syd, and at the SCG.
Probably go down to the wire for me.
Also Neale with a very good run and L3 of 107 for same price.

Steele's got that high breakeven and big ?s on where he's at, at the moment, though.

Given after this week, we have 3 more trades and really only Anderson/Stewart 'entering the pool' of players who are fantasy relevant off their bye, I reckon you'd be bad not to wait a week on him and target him next week if he makes a case to be targeted.

Only reason I'm considering trading Anderson is because Witho has kind of cooked my plans.

Had planned to upgrade Witho now or at his bye but with Duggan, Barrass and Hurn out, I have to give Witho an extended run.

Holding both Witho and Anderson makes it difficult (but not impossible) to bring in Bray and Sinclair this week.

I reckon you find something else. Anderson will be so useful in those last two weeks, and sidewaysing premiums sucks. Surely there's someone else you could move on to get to Bray? And do you need to go Sinclair this week? Breakeven isn't anything that forces the hand, Sydney have often used Ryan Clarke to forward tag, and really bar the GWS game he's looked miles off it every week. I say this as a frustrated owner.

Trying to convince myself that Lloyd is a solid option. After Doch Daws Daicos it’s probably Sicily then throw a blanket over a bunch of 90-100 types. If he maintains that 95 should be right there

It’s like an evil genius that hates fantasy set up byes this year. Literally only 1 proper premium option (Bray) across both of the first 2 byes

Trying to convince myself that Lloyd is a solid option. After Doch Daws Daicos it’s probably Sicily then throw a blanket over a bunch of 90-100 types. If he maintains that 95 should be right there

It’s like an evil genius that hates fantasy set up byes this year. Literally only 1 proper premium option (Bray) across both of the first 2 byes
I posted something a couple of pages back comparing Lloyd and Ryan as the two major cheapish DEF off their byes this week.

FWIW, Lloyd has been good scoring wise this season, four tons and four high 90s out of the 11 scores this season. The Lizard hasn’t stolen his role thankfully and is still the main kick in guy.

hardest working mids in the game, you've already rode it out darwin's match ups.

carlton, hawks Pies next, will be cashing in

I posted something a couple of pages back comparing Lloyd and Ryan as the two major cheapish DEF off their byes this week.

FWIW, Lloyd has been good scoring wise this season, four tons and four high 90s out of the 11 scores this season. The Lizard hasn’t stolen his role thankfully and is still the main kick in guy.
Saints right off the bat is nice for him too. Without having the exact stats I’m sure they’re either #1 or 2 for points allowed to defenders

Trades for this week for now, could go up and get a Brayshaw instead of Serong and get a rook and bank $330k or so.

or i could get a cheaper rook instead of Johnson and get Darcy Cameron instead of Keays.

Can also go Hobbs instead of Keays straight up but probably to late?

Thoughts?

trade.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back