List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobart is a sensational place and actually has more sunshine hours than any other capital city in Australia

The west coast of Tassie is the grey , stormy sh1t show re weather not the east
Mate gotta say this is surprising to me re Hobart weather. Amazing city though

At the time he didn't look like depth, played well early and dropped off. KPDs don't grow on trees, clubs are scrambling for them. He would've got longer offers elsewhere I'm sure.
If you get someone better than him like Cox, he becomes depth by default though

More a reason as to why you don’t go out and chase Cox

Bar the fact that this seems like a waste of our first (I’m assuming)

It begs the question - why would you re-sign Butts for three years, knowing this could be in the pipeline?
Maybe he’s resigned on $ that are acceptable to have running around in the SANFL as a good depth and pressure on spots.

At that stage too murray had shown good improvement but still early and last year he was in/out so if cox came in it’d have been a battle butts v Murray for 2nd KPD. Keane and borlase were very much unknowns or even unlikely at that point

Word on the street is Matt Crouch is itching to get out , I’m sure he will take any offer somewhere else of 2 years if he gets it

I’d prefer to keep him and lose sloane
He gave an interview last week going on about how settled he is in Adelaide, how they love the city and love the club. Doesn't sound like someone looking to leave although wouldn't blame him

Anyone else VERY surprised by this? Jeez, with both starting KPDs injured he couldn’t have done any more than his debut. Very confusing esp combined with Silvers recent comments on “sharp focus” on KPD’s
Thinking about this further…with Borlases Dad proud Magpie heritage, their need for KPD‘s is there a chance he is getting an offer we can’t / won’t match? Say 2/3 years at not only better money but also more opportunities with Dads army Jonas and Mc Kemzie on last legs and other duds like Clurey gone.

in summary (1) potential superior contract term and $, (2) more opportunities to play at highest level and (3) family connection and possible personal preference to,play with Power…

Nicks did not give off great vibes on the retention of borlase. When asked about James he Said he would like to keep everyone but list management tough. I hope they haven’t made up their mind yet. We still have 3 important games to go. He has been a significant improver this year and I liked parts of his game since his first year. Refer to my starter thread on borlase
Bordering on negligent to not keep him. Won't cost much except list spot. Looked good last week. Need backup kpds at least for 2024. Need to spend draft or trade capital on mids

Bordering on negligent to not keep him. Won't cost much except list spot. Looked good last week. Need backup kpds at least for 2024. Need to spend draft or trade capital on mids
Given the massive hole we have for tall defenders this would be lunacy to not sign him up.

If it's a matter of limited list spots, I'd forgo Parnell before Borlase.

Given the massive hole we have for tall defenders this would be lunacy to not sign him up.

If it's a matter of limited list spots, I'd forgo Parnell before Borlase.
And Sloane before both

No rumour, just a thought as there has been no real talk about McAdam staying or leaving. Just interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think McAdam and his Manager know this is probably his last big deal and is trying to get interest from other clubs to push his price and contract length up.

He would be trying to get 3 years somewhere but I suspect we are only offering two, maybe given his history only one.

Subjective analysis aside, the facts speak for itself.Adelaide will always be home and a special place to me, but out of my Uni mates 75% left and never returned. SA has seen the biggest net loss of young graduates/workers year after year.

in the last 40 odd years, Melbourne and Brisbane have doubled in size. Adelaide is up 35% by comparison. They are the cold hard facts
* Waves*

I’ve moved around for work and settled in Melb (suits our life style more). Do go back to Adelaide to visit family, but we consider Melb home

I feel my age bracket / demographic enjoys the things that Melb offer. It’s progressive, food culture is amazing, and suits people who likes indoors (ie arts / entertainment). While lacking in beaches, regional Vic is bloody beautiful.

Quite a few of our friends have done the same (thank god they’re Crom supporters).

Worlds greatest cities?… Melbourne?..

Turn it up.. the place is a fxxkn shithole..

Would rather live in every other city in Australia before Melbourne.
Some of their most expensive inner city suburbs with tiny houses, street parking only, endless graffiti, general street rubbish, homelessness and ‘eclectic’ shops which are half falling over would be considered slum areas in any other Australian city.
Visit there often but always glad to get home

Some of their most expensive inner city suburbs with tiny houses, street parking only, endless graffiti, general street rubbish, homelessness and ‘eclectic’ shops which are half falling over would be considered slum areas in any other Australian city.
Visit there often but always glad to get home
Plus they pronounce the word parmi weird.

Lol -

Sporting capital of Australia.
Restaurant capital.
Music capital.
Best architecture.
Best arts.
Decent train system.
Always events happening, always something on.
Commute to some great regional cities.
At least you get seasons with the weather, and it's no colder than Adelaide.

I don't know if I'd spend the money to live there again, but it has a lot of advantages over most Australian cities.
You’ve gotta be kidding,

They’ve had to throw all their money at trying to become that because its the only thing that anyone ever visits the place for.
Restaurant capital.
Actually, one of the worlds best chefs and food critics (his name escapes me at the moment) said the best resturants in the world can be found in Adelaide and that, as he put it, its criminal how cheap it is.. Adelaide and South Oz has some of the best fresh produce, foods and wines in the world.
Music capital.
What exactly makes it the music capital?.. Adelaide has had one of the best music scenes in the country from the late 70’s onward.. what great bands have come out of melbourne over the last 50 years?.. cant think of any… they try and claim crowded house.. but the finn bro’s are bloody Kiwis!.. I’ll give you the Cosmic Psycho’s though!

Adelaide.. well Cold Chisel, The Angels, Redgum, Hilltop Hoods, the Masters Apprentices, Superjesus.. the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (world renowned).. and thats before you even start looking at all the underground grunge, punk and heavy metal bands that have come out of there in the past few decades.. bands like I killed the Prom Queen and Mark of Cain etc
Best architecture.
Bollocks.. the city of churches has some crazy gothic style old architecture..
Best arts..
What?… like the fringe festival?, Womad?.. oh, no, wait.. they are in Adelaide..
Decent train system.
Wow… how exciting for you.
Name these ‘events’.. there are always events going on in every city.
Yeah, cause you cant do that in any other city in the world can ya!.. ever heard of the Barrossa?.. ever been to Robe and the South East of South oz?.. Yorkes?… the rugged west coast of South Oz.. South Oz has far more regional options than Vicco..

Hot, cold, wet, dry.. atleast no matter the weather.. Adelaide has decent beaches. Melbourne hasnt.

Melbourne is sh*t.. we all know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol -

Restaurant capital.
Music capital.
Best architecture.
Best arts.
Decent train system.

I don't know if I'd spend the money to live there again, but it has a lot of advantages over most Australian cities.

Crap beaches though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thinking about this further…with Borlases Dad proud Magpie heritage, their need for KPD‘s is there a chance he is getting an offer we can’t / won’t match? Say 2/3 years at not only better money but also more opportunities with Dads army Jonas and Mc Kemzie on last legs and other duds like Clurey gone.

in summary (1) potential superior contract term and $, (2) more opportunities to play at highest level and (3) family connection and possible personal preference to,play with Power…
They can have him.. for their 2024 first rounder!

But seriously.. crows need to lock him away asap.

Screams to me that we over-compensated during 2021 on the ‘building a great culture’ thing by getting as many to re-sign for relatively long-term. Has come back to bite us

Guys like Himmelberg, Strachan and even Murphy should have been offered one-year deals, and then freed to a good home if they got a better offer. That’s what you do with middle-aged fringe players
Not sure re this , cheap depth that we would have to find anyway

He gave an interview last week going on about how settled he is in Adelaide, how they love the city and love the club. Doesn't sound like someone looking to leave although wouldn't blame him
His best mates at club eg Seedsman etc have been saying he’s keen to get out ( this is presuming best gets other offers )

the only thing that could sway him is continuing to finish off season well and feeling key part of team going forward

Mate gotta say this is surprising to me re Hobart weather. Amazing city though

Yep article is talking about something else

Different interpretation , not the hours that it’s light ( is not dark ) in Hobart but the hours of actual sun vs overcast

Also has a relatively low annual rainfall compared to other cities

And Sloane before both
The Sloane decision is critical. Can he play on and contribute next year? Maybe.
Will he be part of a deep finals run? No chance. He's not playing in 2025 or beyond.
So keeping him on the list, means we lose a position that could be filled by a player who may have the ability to be part of the future.

We have to be ruthless to give ourselves the best opportunity to succeed in the future.

I’m sure Mark Bickley posts on here, would explain some of the posting that goes on.

Asked the question this morning was it a mistake by Nicks not to play Crouch earlier.

“No, you’ve got to think about the future and developing mids and you need the young mids to have a go”.

Completely ignoring it’s not just a choice between Crouch and the kids, no mention of Sloane at all. Sloane has played midfield. Keays has played midfield. He’s also happy for Sloane to play on.

Shows just because you’ve played the game doesn’t mean you are immune from crap opinions.

You’ve gotta be kidding,

They’ve had to throw all their money at trying to become that because its the only thing that anyone ever visits the place for.
Restaurant capital.
Actually, one of the worlds best chefs and food critics (his name escapes me at the moment) said the best resturants in the world can be found in Adelaide and that, as he put it, its criminal how cheap it is.. Adelaide and South Oz has some of the best fresh produce, foods and wines in the world.
Music capital.
What exactly makes it the music capital?.. Adelaide has had one of the best music scenes in the country from the late 70’s onward.. what great bands have come out of melbourne over the last 50 years?.. cant think of any… they try and claim crowded house.. but the finn bro’s are bloody Kiwis!.. I’ll give you the Cosmic Psycho’s though!

Adelaide.. well Cold Chisel, The Angels, Redgum, Hilltop Hoods, the Masters Apprentices, Superjesus.. the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (world renowned).. and thats before you even start looking at all the underground grunge, punk and heavy metal bands that have come out of there in the past few decades.. bands like I killed the Prom Queen and Mark of Cain etc
Best architecture.
Bollocks.. the city of churches has some crazy gothic style old architecture..
Best arts..
What?… like the fringe festival?, Womad?.. oh, no, wait.. they are in Adelaide..
Decent train system.
Wow… how exciting for you.
Name these ‘events’.. there are always events going on in every city.
Yeah, cause you cant do that in any other city in the world can ya!.. ever heard of the Barrossa?.. ever been to Robe and the South East of South oz?.. Yorkes?… the rugged west coast of South Oz.. South Oz has far more regional options than Vicco..

Hot, cold, wet, dry.. atleast no matter the weather.. Adelaide has decent beaches. Melbourne hasnt.

Melbourne is sh*t.. we all know it.
The restaurant and fine dining scene in melbourne is one of the best in the world. Adelaide does very well for a small city, and it's one of it's positives, but it doesn't compare.

Music capital - sorry, but this is an area that I probably have covered. The entire independent music scene in Australia has been centred on Melbourne for 50 years, largely due to Mushroom. Literally not a soul in the music industry in Adelaide would try to argue that it's a patch on Melbourne. It's ridiculous to suggest.

Architecture - Melbourne has both extraordinary contemporary architucture, and magnificent period buildings like Raheen. You can't even put a crane up in Adelaide without people protesting, and to say the old churches make up for it is laughable.

Sadly, Adelaide hasn't been an arts leader since the 1980s. March is a nice month, but it's an absolute ghost town the rest of the time. ASO would be maybe the fourth best orchestra in Australia, depending how you rate the TSO.

Sorry, but this just sounds incredibly desperate. I try to be proud of SA, but it's this kind of delusion that keeps it being a backwater - the "we're already good enough" attitude that stops ambitious new things happening. The volume of people that leave and never come back should probably be a hint. Almost everyone I grew up with now live interstate or overseas.

How would people feel about Jack Petruccelle from WC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back