List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the comment actually says more about you if you disagree with it…

Lets look at Melbourne..

Sh*t weather………. Tick
Sh*t beaches………. Tick
Congested roads…. Tick
Poorly town planned.. Tick
Expensive…………….. Tick
Booring people…….. Tick

I could go on…

The best thing about melbourne is driving out of it to go to the coastline along the great ocean road

For a start… Every other capital city (except Canberra and Hobart and, lets face it, who cares about Canberra and Hobart- are they even real cities?) has better weather and way better beaches..
Hobart is a sensational place and actually has more sunshine hours than any other capital city in Australia

The west coast of Tassie is the grey , stormy sh1t show re weather not the east

"Itching to get out" seems odd as he has a partner and a young family, and seems pretty settled here? I wouldn't have thought he'd receive more than two years from anyone which is what I'd be offering him.
Yep they’ve mentally committed to getting out from the crows since last season but there were no offers last year

That is the key diff

It’s possible a run of 6 consecutive games of good form in 1s could sway him and change his mind

Word on the street is Matt Crouch is itching to get out , I’m sure he will take any offer somewhere else of 2 years if he gets it

I’d prefer to keep him and lose sloane
We :fire::fire::fire::fire:Crouch. Don't blame him for looking but its a 2 way street - why didn't he show that sort of form earlier

before he was dropped for lack of hurt factor

Last edited:

Yep they’ve mentally committed to getting out from the crows since last season but there were no offers last year

That is the key diff

It’s possible a run of 6 consecutive games of good form in 1s could sway him and change his mind
Mentioned on the main board but I don’t understand how he could be frustrated at only the crows when he shopped himself around for two trade periods and found no suitors.

Yep. Fringe players that no one would be interested in shouldn't still be contracted for 2024

Some examples

Hamill - 2 year contract when already contracted for 1 year. Had played 20 games at that point
Himmelberg - Given a 2 year contract when clearly a fringe player.
McHenry - Given a 2 year extension after already being contracted for 1 more year and after playing just one full season
Smith - 3 year contract taking him to 32 years old
Sholl - 2 year contract when already contracted for 1 year. Had only played a handful of games at that point

All five of these players should be out of contract at the end of this year. Three of them were handed 2 year deals despite already being contracted.

Kieran Strachan's contract is also bizarrely long, signed through to 2025
Screams to me that we over-compensated during 2021 on the ‘building a great culture’ thing by getting as many to re-sign for relatively long-term. Has come back to bite us

Guys like Himmelberg, Strachan and even Murphy should have been offered one-year deals, and then freed to a good home if they got a better offer. That’s what you do with middle-aged fringe players

If Borlase isn't getting a contract with Murray and Doedee out I'd say we have Brennan Cox locked away.

If Borlase isn't getting a contract with Murray and Doedee out I'd say we have Brennan Cox locked away.
Bar the fact that this seems like a waste of our first (I’m assuming)

It begs the question - why would you re-sign Butts for three years, knowing this could be in the pipeline?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets look at Melbourne..

Sh*t weather………. Tick
Sh*t beaches………. Tick
Congested roads…. Tick
Expensive…………….. Tick
Booring people…….. Tick

I could go on…

The best thing about melbourne is driving out of it to go to the coastline along the great ocean road

For a start… Every other capital city (except Canberra and Hobart and, lets face it, who cares about Canberra and Hobart- are they even real cities?) has better weather and way better beaches..

Lol -

Sporting capital of Australia.
Restaurant capital.
Music capital.
Best architecture.
Best arts.
Decent train system.
Always events happening, always something on.
Commute to some great regional cities.
At least you get seasons with the weather, and it's no colder than Adelaide.

I don't know if I'd spend the money to live there again, but it has a lot of advantages over most Australian cities.

Lol -

Sporting capital of Australia.
Restaurant capital.
Music capital.
Best architecture.
Best arts.
Decent train system.
Always events happening, always something on.
Commute to some great regional cities.
At least you get seasons with the weather, and it's no colder than Adelaide.

I don't know if I'd spend the money to live there again, but it has a lot of advantages over most Australian cities.
It’s funny, my family and I did a week holidaying in Melbourne in January. The best day of the trip was when we went out to the Dandenong Ranges (ie not in Melbourne!).

Harry Potter stage show was good too.

Everything else was meh, in particular traffic.

Lets look at Melbourne..

Sh*t weather………. Tick
Sh*t beaches………. Tick
Congested roads…. Tick
Expensive…………….. Tick
Booring people…….. Tick

I could go on…

And I suppose NYC, Paris, San Fran, London and Tokyo are all $hitholes also are they?

this little story reminds me of your message, One of my stints living in London I was sent to work briefly down in Bournemouth, Dorset 2 approx hours by train away from London. I remember one chat with a mid 20’s guy who said “London, why would anyone want to go that dirty, expensive, @rse end of the world. Never been and never going to go” (his language and grammar perhaps not quite as composed by the way). My response, “you mean one of the worlds greatest cities with almost unrivalled history, entertainment, culture, architecture which is dynamic, eccentric, has pomp&ceremony, famous parks, free museums and galleries, pubs, travel options etc etc.

”yeah that $hithole” he said.

(I decided to ignore him after that)

ps based on your analysis I assume you would rather live in Elizabeth North also compared to North Adelaide?

Last edited:
Bar the fact that this seems like a waste of our first (I’m assuming)

It begs the question - why would you re-sign Butts for three years, knowing this could be in the pipeline?

Still need depth. I doubt Butts is on above average wage so perfect player to lock away on a club friendly deal - can play at the level of required and if someone better goes past him the deal still works

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Very few 18-32 year olds would prefer to live in Adelaide to Melbourne. It’s just an inconvenient fact.
Subjective analysis aside, the facts speak for itself.Adelaide will always be home and a special place to me, but out of my Uni mates 75% left and never returned. SA has seen the biggest net loss of young graduates/workers year after year.

in the last 40 odd years, Melbourne and Brisbane have doubled in size. Adelaide is up 35% by comparison. They are the cold hard facts

Still need depth. I doubt Butts is on above average wage so perfect player to lock away on a club friendly deal - can play at the level of required and if someone better goes past him the deal still works

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Perhaps, but that’s still a depth KPD you have to keep on the list for too long (unless a trade is requested mid-season). Until 2025 makes more sense IMO

"Itching to get out" seems odd as he has a partner and a young family, and seems pretty settled here? I wouldn't have thought he'd receive more than two years from anyone which is what I'd be offering him.

Ofc he wants out he is backup at best at AFC, he would be looking to play in the firsts regularly.

Perhaps, but that’s still a depth KPD you have to keep on the list for too long (unless a trade is requested mid-season). Until 2025 makes more sense IMO

At the time he didn't look like depth, played well early and dropped off. KPDs don't grow on trees, clubs are scrambling for them. He would've got longer offers elsewhere I'm sure.

Agree we had a crack and sometimes we miss.

I don't agree we are 3-4 years away though.

Most have indicated 2025 as our time.

Which is why I still feel we wasted this year. Yep much improvement but I don't think we got games into our future.

I don't care about number of under 50 games. I care we wasted games on the over 100s

2024 we should be aiming for top 6 then 2025 top 4 and we take our chances
Fair call, I meant we should still be in our window in that time nip opening. Ie if a 1 year delay makes up better then than otherwise it’s still beneficial as arguably that’s when we’re at our peak.

And I agree 2025 we should challenge. So still not settling for a 2nd rate in this year just to tick a box and investing that capitol next year still helps us at the start of that 2025 window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back