List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
I have a different question to do with list management. It does come with the caveat that MJ being available was an unknown when he was selected. But with other options for his position, could we have done better in that draft. Wanganeen-Millera a clearer list need IMO.

Alternatively, some crafty pick trading may have iced our forward needs as well. Perhaps we were nervous about Erasmus ending up at WC.

Would honestly have preferred JVR in hindsight. He’s a perfect foil for Amiss

The only thing that gives me the serious heebie geebies is taking Reidie and Knobel.

Losing Darcy as well as Henry would not be…ideal
I think you can't have your head in the sand, but it still feels very unlikely to me.
I hope noone actually thinks this is my point

I understand it takes time for players

My point is that he isn't showing (what I consider to be significant) tools at either level (disposal and speed) and I'm a little bit worried about it
My point is (and this is for all players under 24 say whom many on here like to write-off at various stages) there is no requirement for players to impress random fans in order to become a quality player. Heck, even coaches and recruiters get this wrong frequently.

Would honestly have preferred JVR in hindsight. He’s a perfect foil for Amiss
Not entirely convinced yet by JVR. He’s a great developing tall but there’s a long way to go yet. I think he’s levels behind Amiss and not a whole pile better than Josh Treacy really.
Both should make it long term as AFL players but their ceilings are a bit off the top bracket of young talls such as Amiss and JUH.
If Melbourne had Petty and Gresham fit JVR would be in a tracksuit in the stands for this finals series without question

My point is (and this is for all players under 24 say whom many on here like to write-off at various stages) there is no requirement for players to impress random fans in order to become a quality player. Heck, even coaches and recruiters get this wrong frequently.
No requirement to do that but my observations are still valid

I much prefer a player who has all the tools but hasn't put it together but there are still players like that who also don't make it

No requirement to do that but my observations are still valid

I much prefer a player who has all the tools but hasn't put it together but there are still players like that who also don't make it
Sure, state it once so you can whip out the I told you so, but I don't think it adds anything to constantly bring it up (not necessarily aimed at you or about Ras).

So does everyone, but it's not a realistic expectation unless we get the first 5 picks in the draft every year and an extra $20m in salary cap space.

Sure, state it once so you can whip out the I told you so, but I don't think it adds anything to constantly bring it up (not necessarily aimed at you or about Ras).

So does everyone, but it's not a realistic expectation unless we get the first 5 picks in the draft every year and an extra $20m in salary cap space.
Would rather not have an I told you so though, much rather be proven wrong

Easy to say state it once but when I get a bunch of replies then of course I'll continue to reply to them

Pardon the interruption.
Rumour is Darcy to North with pick 3 involved. Take of that as you will.
Why posts that here and not the North board Mr 69? Doesn’t seem to be talked about over there at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I made up that rumour it was pick #2 involved because pick #3 was going to WC for pick #1
North board is getting back at you for creating that fake news article last year about one of their players 😂

Not entirely convinced yet by JVR. He’s a great developing tall but there’s a long way to go yet. I think he’s levels behind Amiss and not a whole pile better than Josh Treacy really.
Both should make it long term as AFL players but their ceilings are a bit off the top bracket of young talls such as Amiss and JUH.
If Melbourne had Petty and Gresham fit JVR would be in a tracksuit in the stands for this finals series without question
I don't think he's better than Treacy. Not sure he has much upside outside of just getting stronger/fitter.

I did say it, of course I'll give reasons to justify my points when questioned, otherwise whats the point of posting at all
Keep at it Leo. Erasmus has me worried too.

Top 10 pick. I think having a certain level of expectation on a pick that high is reasonable.

I don't think we need another average 'tall-ish' forward. We have Tabs and Corbett as back-up next season. We can't keep using list spots on average forwards.
Wouldn’t be dead against it. It’s not my rumour tho, they will down grade hamling to rookie list & maybe a Corbett. All depends on weather they trust tabs body

Top 10 pick. I think having a certain level of expectation on a pick that high is reasonable.
We should trust Coops because he has watched Ras live in his draft year. I don't see anything to suggest he will leap any of our mids bar JOM but it's literally too early to tell. We should be making that call in about two years time.

Careful with your concerns towards Freo players, Dockeroo will question whether that player has wronged you or not.

Me however, I’m with you on expecting a whole lot more out of a top 10 pick and Ras is a worry.

Thing with Ras is most of his games he has played have been as sub or subbed off. Hard to prove yourself in those circumstances if you’re not a flashy player. Been underwhelmed so far, but I don’t think it’ll be a concern unless he doesn’t progress next year. Also ended up in hospital after pushing himself too hard in the pre season which may have set him back a bit.

Careful with your concerns towards Freo players, Dockeroo will question whether that player has wronged you or not.

Me however, I’m with you on expecting a whole lot more out of a top 10 pick and Ras is a worry.
Usually I see eye to eye with Dockeroo on almost every single point.

It's actually kinda wild now that I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back