List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
That we know of
Not Yet No GIF

More and more this Gold Coast situation is getting on my ****

3 top 12 rated players available through their academy, another rated top 30 people are saying now.

all for three fifths of **** all and they can then trade pick 4 for a huge ransom.

meanwhile the rest of us have to wait until 40.

raging farken

More and more this Gold Coast situation is getting on my ****

3 top 12 rated players available through their academy, another rated top 30 people are saying now.

all for three fifths of * all and they can then trade pick 4 for a huge ransom.

meanwhile the rest of us have to wait until 40.

raging farken
Yes, I think teams have now fully figured out the loopholes and ways to game the system that it's completely broken. It's so frustrating as an AFL "nothing" club with what we have to compete against. At least with GC, they have their fair share of disadvantages that it somewhat evens the field. Imagine if it was Sydney...

Meh, this overblown angst about gold coast just because a fellow feeder club gets concessions and we don't. There's two possible ways to deal with that shit sandwich - whine like little bitches until we also get the feeder club concessions we think we're due, or clean the club out, get rid of mumbles the coach and his master Bell, and stop being a feeder club. Which do we prefer?

Meh, this overblown angst about gold coast just because a fellow feeder club gets concessions and we don't. There's two possible ways to deal with that s**t sandwich - whine like little bitches until we also get the feeder club concessions we think we're due, or clean the club out, get rid of mumbles the coach and his master Bell, and stop being a feeder club. Which do we prefer?
I'm not as big on the anti-JL and Bell sentiment (tho you will find many supporters here), but why are those 2 options mutually exclusive?

If there are problems at the club, you can address them while also addressing the fact that we have close to 0 incentive to throw money into the NGA while also, along with West Coast, funding the WAFL and keeping it alive. In a draft already compromised to our disadvantage by father-son shite, the fact that Gold Coast (and the other rugby state teams) have such access to talent while our NGAs only real purpose is to fill up the Cat B rookie list is lunacy.

Meh, this overblown angst about gold coast just because a fellow feeder club gets concessions and we don't. There's two possible ways to deal with that s**t sandwich - whine like little bitches until we also get the feeder club concessions we think we're due, or clean the club out, get rid of mumbles the coach and his master Bell, and stop being a feeder club. Which do we prefer?
I’m struggling to understand how mumbles and master Bell have anything to do with all the concessions that GCS and GWS get.

Top 10 bids should be exclusive to F/S only
From >11 to 20 and beyond GCS and GWS
Everyone else with NGA from 21 onwards.

Otherwise the NGA should be scrapped.

I’m struggling to understand how mumbles and master Bell have anything to do with all the concessions that GCS and GWS get.

Or how BF complaining about a blatantly unfair system is going to do anything within the club at all

There’s no reason why any teams should still be getting concessions. Gold Coast and GWS have had enough to catch them up with the rest of the league.

I'm not as big on the anti-JL and Bell sentiment (tho you will find many supporters here), but why are those 2 options mutually exclusive?

If there are problems at the club, you can address them while also addressing the fact that we have close to 0 incentive to throw money into the NGA while also, along with West Coast, funding the WAFL and keeping it alive. In a draft already compromised to our disadvantage by father-son shite, the fact that Gold Coast (and the other rugby state teams) have such access to talent while our NGAs only real purpose is to fill up the Cat B rookie list is lunacy.
It seriously could be worse though Tom Green’s grandfather played for the Tigers and won 4 premierships.
How he went at pick 10, we are now seeing how good he is after playing 50 plus games.
Imagine keeping it in the family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that gc gets these concessions

It's completely opening up the draft for us

Gc are about to have a pick 10 and pick 17 for sale

Tyvm let's start the bidding right here

We can shuffle up 21 and something else on draft night

Hawks also have a nice pick 29 to get rid of

Got to be tactically sound and make use of these concessions to our advantage

Mumbles and Bell don't have anything to do with how the NGA works. Mumbles and Bell are absolutely emblematic of where we are as an irrelevant feeder club. And the only reason people get so upset on here about these concessions certain clubs get is because they recognise whilst our club is an irrelevant feeder club like GCS, we don't even get the concessions they do. So damn right, we can get mad about that like we get angry about biased umpiring or MRP decisions or fixtures that systematically screw us over. But is that the real direction our anger should be aimed at?
People don't like to admit it but if you think about it rationally, the eagles are more likely to win their fifth flag before we win our first because even though they are historically shit now and won't win it soon, history proves they're not an irrelevant feeder club. Irrelevant feeder clubs don't win flags.

Actually I'll qualify that last sentence. Irrelevant feeder clubs do win flags, when they manage to get themselves a force of nature of a coach, like Matthews at Brisbane, and like Hardwick will probably deliver at GCS. We had one once, the only time we were close to being relevant, when we were a no excuses football club. But then Bell came along and got us mumbles and we reverted back to where we're comfortable

Mumbles and Bell don't have anything to do with how the NGA works. Mumbles and Bell are absolutely emblematic of where we are as an irrelevant feeder club. And the only reason people get so upset on here about these concessions certain clubs get is because they recognise whilst our club is an irrelevant feeder club like GCS, we don't even get the concessions they do. So damn right, we can get mad about that like we get angry about biased umpiring or MRP decisions or fixtures that systematically screw us over. But is that the real direction our anger should be aimed at?
People don't like to admit it but if you think about it rationally, the eagles are more likely to win their fifth flag before we win our first because even though they are historically s**t now and won't win it soon, history proves they're not an irrelevant feeder club. Irrelevant feeder clubs don't win flags.
Post needs more ‘irrelevant feeder clubs’

So looking more and more likely mid season trading becomes a thing.

That really worries me.

Imagine a mid season exodus like last off season.
I don’t like a mid season trade period. It’s just for generating content for the likes of SEN and others. Like all these loosening of the player movement rules it will negatively impact on equalisation and further advantage the most popular big Melbourne clubs.
I really hope they don’t bring it in

I don’t like a mid season trade period. It’s just for generating content for the likes of SEN and others. Like all these loosening of the player movement rules it will negatively impact on equalisation and further advantage the most popular big Melbourne clubs.
Hit the nail on the head, big Melbourne clubs.
Different rules, what the AFL want to
Orchestrate.
We won’t be a threat until we are constantly top 4.
Now we know what FFC stands for😜

I don't think anybody will except Colin young.
It might generate some content while pissing off football fans.
Watching players opting out of a team half way through a career at the end of a season is pretty disheartening and doesn't make me love the game.
It disconnects me a fair bit.
Watching it happen mid season would be horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back