List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Yes, I think teams have now fully figured out the loopholes and ways to game the system that it's completely broken. It's so frustrating as an AFL "nothing" club with what we have to compete against. At least with GC, they have their fair share of disadvantages that it somewhat evens the field. Imagine if it was Sydney...

Mills, Gulden, Heeney, Cambell

Let alone the father sons for Brisbane...

Watching the son of a former captain of ours in the final the other night was enough to make me spew

Seems like Dylan Stephens is looking to move from Sydney. Wouldn't we get for him over Sharp? Maybe not as cheap but I was a big fan during his draft year. Hasn't gone on with it since then but maybe that's playing on the SCG maybe on the Optus wing will suit him better?

Seems like Dylan Stephens is looking to move from Sydney. Wouldn't we get for him over Sharp? Maybe not as cheap but I was a big fan during his draft year. Hasn't gone on with it since then but maybe that's playing on the SCG maybe on the Optus wing will suit him better?
There's a chance we tried but he wasn't interested. Does have more runs on the board than Sharp.

Either way, seems we are not in the race.

North with throw Logue money at Dylan Stephens.

Walls tends to get set on the players he likes pre-draft and eventually bring them in, like Jackson, Clark, McCarthy etc. I suspect Sharp is one of them

West Coast have burdened rewarded Alex Witherden with a 1 year contract for 2024.

A handful are still lingering in no mans land...
Several key Eagles remain unsigned in forward Jake Waterman, Samo Petrevski-Seton, Xavier O’Neill, Connor West, Greg Clark and Zane Trew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I'll qualify that last sentence. Irrelevant feeder clubs do win flags, when they manage to get themselves a force of nature of a coach, like Matthews at Brisbane, and like Hardwick will probably deliver at GCS. We had one once, the only time we were close to being relevant, when we were a no excuses football club. But then Bell came along and got us mumbles and we reverted back to where we're comfortable
...didn't you used to detest Lyon?

If we picked up Stephens using the Henry trade compensation we could increase our top 10 talent from the 2019 Draft from 3, 7, 8 , 9 to 3, 5, 7, 8 😁
Put McAsey on the rookie list I reckon and keep working on Rowell and Anderson. Must complete the top 8 set…

West Coast have burdened rewarded Alex Witherden with a 1 year contract for 2024.

Several key Eagles remain unsigned in forward Jake Waterman, Samo Petrevski-Seton, Xavier O’Neill, Connor West, Greg Clark and Zane Trew.

Seriously though, how disappointing is Petrevski-Seton? I remember him being a gun in his draft year then he's been pretty average ever since he got to the AFL.

Mills, Gulden, Heeney, Cambell

Let alone the father sons for Brisbane...

Watching the son of a former captain of ours in the final the other night was enough to make me spew
I think Fletcher was with Brisbane academy and grew up in Qld so strong chance he would have picked them ahead of us even if his dad played 100 games for us

WC do this every year, hang on to a huge list of spuds and delist them at the last minute. I've always assumed it's because they have such big ego's they think other clubs will want WC rejects and try to trade them first. Must be hard when no one answers your calls.

Apparently the partner of Tim English has just applied to leave her WA netball team and play for the Melbourne Vixens next year.

Interesting because there was lots of speculation that Tim might come play for West Coast to be with his partner.
That might explain why Sweet has requested a trade to Port, there was speculation he’d become the #1 ruck at WB if English left. If he’s committed to staying at the dogs Sweet would have seen the writing on the wall and requested the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back