List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
I would have thought Freddy would be a good wingman. Can leap, take a grab, long kick, speed to burn. What am I missing here? Is he too valuable as forward flanker?
They've been rotating him through there.
The main difference is the tank, and the fact one of his main weapons is his speed which can deteriorate if you're doing a lot of running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even last game he had 13 effective disposals form his 26 and 10 direct turnovers, yet he had two moments and suddenly he's rated man of the match.
Doesn’t matter how effective his disposals were when the game was there to be won he won it, at the end of the day it just adds to our list of trade blunders.

Ones that matter, keep defending the a position that suits the narrative- you muppet 🤣
I've literally been going on about how trading Acres was the dumbest list decision we've made even when most others on here were saying early on this year how he wasn't missed.

But I thought this game up until the last kick was a perfect example of how bad his worst is. I'm not going to pretend that this was anotehr incredible game by him just because of one moment at the end which was largely due to Melbourne's own **** up.

Even last game he had 13 effective disposals form his 26 and 10 direct turnovers, yet he had two moments and suddenly he's rated man of the match.
That's every sport tho...if you miss every shot in a basketball game but hit the buzzer beater, all them misses suddenly get forgotten about.

Letting Acres go by taking the piss with the contract offer coz we presumably wanted to avoid what Collingwood did with guys like Tom Phillips and Tom Langdon blowing up their salary cap was a f*** up before these finals series. These games have magnified that, and people will probably exaggerate how good Acres is coz the clutch moments erase all the previous mistakes in the eyes of many. But to the extent that there's an exaggerated perception of him, it's closer to reality than him being "not worth 350k per year for 3 years" according to our list mgmt team.

Doesn’t matter how effective his disposals were when the game was there to be won he won it, at the end of the day it just adds to our list of trade blunders.
And he was a big reason why Carlton were in that position in the first place.

That's every sport tho...if you miss every shot in a basketball game but hit the buzzer beater, all them misses suddenly get forgotten about.

Letting Acres go by taking the piss with the contract offer coz we presumably wanted to avoid what Collingwood did with guys like Tom Phillips and Tom Langdon blowing up their salary cap was a f*** up before these finals series. These games have magnified that, and people will probably exaggerate how good Acres is coz the clutch moments erase all the previous mistakes in the eyes of many. But to the extent that there's an exaggerated perception of him, it's closer to reality than him being "not worth 350k per year for 3 years" according to our list mgmt team.
Where did I say letting him go was a good decision?

Today if anything was a game that came close to justifying that decision.

s_wd6 isnt that the point…
Man if Sebba had 0% effective disposal but kicked the winning goal and saved the game the week before would you really give a flying** what his disposal % was…
He’s come up huge when it’s mattered and that to me is the only thing that matters.
You can forgive and celebrate your own player when they do nothing all game but then kick the winning goal.

I just find it a bit dumb for this to be a game people have a sook over losing Acres when he did nothing all game but was in the right position to take an uncontested mark.

I've literally been going on about how trading Acres was the dumbest list decision we've made even when most others on here were saying early on this year how he wasn't missed.

But I thought this game up until the last kick was a perfect example of how bad his worst is. I'm not going to pretend that this was anotehr incredible game by him just because of one moment at the end which was largely due to Melbourne's own * up.
Playing with a busted wing and shows more heart than Henry ever has.
He is no a grader but we need players that get the pill and bang it forward- we missed him and he is showing that although not perfect he fills that mature body in the contest and gets into the right places…
Genuine footballer…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back