List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no Dow fanboy, but the centre bounce work undoubtedly improved when he came on. They actually attacked and spread hard. The one clearance where Cerra swung onto his left and made a poor kick to half-forward should have been a wide handball to Dow as well (he looked and then swung back around onto his left), who was loose and would have run direct to goal for a more controlled entry.

Hope is great and sometimes all we have but pinning hopes on Cunners/Martin/Marchy is laced with disappointment.
I doubt those three playing would add to the disappointment levels we are all currently experiencing … if Martin and Cunners could create a couple of extra goals for us we may crack 70 points and it should be enough to get us over the line … 😂

Boyd is a bright spark every time he plays for me.

Yep I’m happy to keep Boyd. I should have listed Hewett as well. He has struggled this year - I suspect he is injured - but his best is very good.

Williams too, if for no other reason than he is completely untradeable, is worth keeping as he is a very good player when fit and has a lot of experience.

So... we don't have a second or third round draft pick this year, right?

Do we need to set up a draft watch threat for the Ovens and Murray league just so we can actually discuss players we might have a shot at getting in the draft?
We'll probably try to trade back in, but not sure how much success we'll have. This draft crop and our ladder position has me wondering if we made the right call trading for Cowan the way we did.

We'll probably try to trade back in, but not sure how much success we'll have. This draft crop and our ladder position has me wondering if we made the right call trading for Cowan the way we did.
I still think it was - Cowan a good prospect and getting the extra year of development into him is big

Clubs will now be lining up for our future picks but with our form it could come back and bite us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs will now be lining up for our future picks but with our form it could come back and bite us
Between the personnel tweaks on and off the list that can be made to rocket us forward, and the fact that we'd probably have limited draft access due to F/S bids in 2024, I'd definitely be looking over serious offers to get back into this draft.

I see it as an opportunity, whilst clubs will try and determine our future prospects and rate them reasonably I think they would doubt our ability more than be upbeat so we could ok out of it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gold Coast most likely to look at a trade in regards to a future 1st but they are going to have a very tough time this year with their 2023 academy boys all performing well.

TDK Gov Fisher and Kennedy really our only players we could offload for draft picks.

Theres so many quality players in this years crop and our team is performing so poorly I really think massive changes should be made to the list. With FA, trading and at the draft.

Gold Coast most likely to look at a trade in regards to a future 1st but they are going to have a very tough time this year with their 2023 academy boys all performing well.

TDK Gov Fisher and Kennedy really our only players we could offload for draft picks.

Theres so many quality players in this years crop and our team is performing so poorly I really think massive changes should be made to the list. With FA, trading and at the draft.
We will be interested in the Suns 1st pick this year no doubt. I believe we have already enquired about it.

We will be interested in the Suns 1st pick this year no doubt. I believe we have already enquired about it.
Well the players I rank in order of their suitability for us are:

Watson
Mckercher
Duursma
Wilson
Curtin
Moir
Patton
Lorenz
Philactides
Caddy

If we finish bottom 5 and can trade our F1 for a top 10 pick paired perhaps coupled with TDK or Kennedy etc I think those any two of those players will improve us significantly. Reid, Walter, Read, Sanders, O'Sullivan etc will be in that 1-15 range but personally don't see any as a fit for us or they are tied to Academy.

Either way one of them will be there at our 2023 First, Moir the biggest question mark atm as he's a match winning freakshow in under 18s but against the two VFL teams he's been extremely underwhelming.

I'd be reticient to punt that right now: the Campo brothers are good, but they're not inherently top 10 material.

Ben will be top 25 quality. Lucas isn’t as good as Ben but will be worth grabbing.

We are mad if we hold onto our future first round pick when considering our picks this year and the points situation.

Ben will be top 25 quality. Lucas isn’t as good as Ben but will be worth grabbing.

We are mad if we hold onto our future first round pick when considering our picks this year and the points situation.

I thought it was the other way round. Lucas was the under 16 AA and considered the better player. Unless something has changed this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back