• Yes

Votes: 61 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Already emailed the club mid year to cancel my auto renewal but have still emailed again this morning to have a little rant.

Will not be a member for the first time since moving to Adelaide Oval and no chance of me caving in before the season starts either.

Done.

The way I see it: If you renew your membership, you're enabling these abusers. They couldn't care less about social media posts or people putting "Sack Hinkley" stickers around the place. They only care about the bottom line. Cut the crap about blindly handing over money to these people, they WILL NOT LISTEN UNLESS IT IMPACTS THEM FINANCIALLY. You're not more "loyal", you're an enabler of mediocrity.

I can love the club and hate the "team" - coaches, players, CEO, president, board. They represent the club, but they come and go. I love the club, but will not support the current individuals representing the club right now. I'll keep my money until they listen to their supporters.

Call me a cynical prick but I am sick of people grandstanding during the off season, writing I'm not renewing my membership, I'm protesting, then come March and April write I folded and renewed.

In almost 18 years on this board I have never told anyone to shut up, on the most democratic of platforms, but I will if I have to read through these lies again, I will, and then .......

Look, I probably will at the end of the day purely because of our excellent reserved seats (a la Scorch), but the laundry list leading up to the ultimate final straw now stands at:

• stopped contributing to the Big Footy sponsorship syndicate

• cancelled my $10-per-win to the premiership fund

• cancelled $110 worth of extras in my membership package

• haven’t eaten/beers’d/pokies’d at the club since COVID and don’t intend to until Hinkley is gone

• haven’t bought a piece of merch from the club since a grudge snapback purchase at the Sydney game in 2020 when that wonderful on-the-fly ticketing system put us in direct sun in the cheapest seats in the stadium (we were paying the usual Platinum rates for)

• walked out of the 2021 Prelim at 3QT and haven’t been back

My personal contribution is down by literally thousands since Hinkley was effectively anointed prophet of Port Adelaide.

I received a reply from membership regarding cancellation of auto renewal.

'Thank you for your email. I’ve removed the auto-renew of your account for the 2023 season.

You will have ample time and opportunity to consider your renewal for the 2023 season.

If there’s anything else I can do regarding your membership, now or in the future, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,'

The ball is in Port's court now!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

'Thank you for your email. I’ve removed the auto-renew of your account for the 2023 season.

You will have ample time and opportunity to consider your renewal for the 2023 season.

If there’s anything else I can do regarding your membership, now or in the future, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,'

My guess is they'll be doing a lot of copy and pasting today

+1 canned

Fired off an email. It was like eating Pringles - once I popped, I just couldn't stop. Look, I know no-one at the club will read this. But it was most cathartic. Highly recommend...

Dear PAFC,

Since I’m never getting married, because, well, I reckon that archaic institution is a crock of sh!t, this is as close to divorce as I’ll ever get.

Cause: irreconcilable differences.

The club today is totally unrecognisable to the one I fell in love with way back in 1980.

It’s lost its way.
It’s lost its purpose.
It’s lost its soul.

And I cannot sanction your buffoonery any longer.

The “Cult of Ken” is the most bizarre thing I’ve seen in my 42 years as a Port supporter. That mad bastard Jim Jones could’ve taken a few pointers from the club in how to spread a dangerous, disingenuous gospel. All you’ve done is divide the fanbase into “True Believers” and “White Noise” (perhaps better known as “Happy Clappers” and “Old School Die-hards.”)

The constant gaslighting coming out of Allan Scott HQ feeds this voracious parasite.

Stickerman rules.

The once proud club of Fos, Big Bob, Bobby Quinn, Jack, Russ, Bruce and Bucky - Craig Bradley was always my fave, fwiw - has been hijacked by a conga line of conmen.

Kochie, that gutless spiv - and yes, I refer to him as a gutless spiv - is a self-proclaimed “professional bullshitter” who talks tough but rarely backs it up. Comes off second best in just about every negotiation. Oh hey, Prison Bars, how’s it going? And I’ll be damned if Ken and his manager don’t play him off the break every time. Every. Goddamn. Time. It’s embarrassing.

Far out, I had Richo sussed when he used data and metrics, the refuge of any slick scoundrel, to defend plagiarising the Liverpool video. That shameless IP heist is emblematic of the shortcuts and copouts that define the club these days.

Ken is a sh!t coach but cunning as a shithouse rat. Time and again, he’s called the club’s bluff. Every time, the spineless admin metaphorically pissed, shat and spewed all over itself like my brother-in-law literally did to himself at my sister’s 50th birthday party many moons ago. Hinkley no doubt learned to spot a mark from his days selling used cars. He’s taken you suckers for an absolute ride.

HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GONNA BUY THE SAME LEMON!!!???

Weirdly, I kinda admire the elephant-sized balls on the guy. Still. that yokel is the most pain those Geelong sadists have ever inflicted upon us. The 2007 Grand Final was one day. Hinkley’s reign has been a decade of suffering. Ken years and counting.

Gawd, I’d love nothing more than for Ken & Kochie to ride off into the sunset on the Ca$h Cow.

So yeah, can my auto-renewal, thanks. Hell, you can straight up bin my membership. Starting right now, I’m gonna put my hard-earned towards my other great passion:

OG Kenner Star Wars toys.

And with all the moolah I’ll save from merch, membership and match day shenanigans, I’ll finally be able to get my Holy Grail item: the cardboard Toltoys Death Star, which I haven’t had in my collection since the early-80s when Mum gave it away to some little bastard down the street.

Funny enough, I’ll have Ken, Kochie & Richo to thank for it.

The f@%king irony.

View attachment 1473974

hahaa-dan.gif

After our appalling PF thrashing at the hands of the Bulldogs last year I cancelled my Power games access level membership and membership of the Chasing Greatness Fund but kept up my basic PAFC membership because I found it just too hard to completely divorce myself from the club and thought it was worth giving them another chance - I also kept up my membership of the Premiership Fund because you only donate a specified amount for each win we have - BUT, after the events of yesterday with flip flop, look at me, look at me, ego bigger than Sydney Harbour Bridge Koch confirming Hinkley will still be coach next year I decided I have had enough and will soon email the club to cancel my memberships completely because what we have become is NOT the PAFC I want to see where mediocrity seems to be the new norm and us long suffering members are apparently no longer listened to and brushed aside as irrelevant. After last weekend's performance I too emailed the club (earlier this week) about my dissatisfaction and strongly recommended we get rid of Hinkley and Koch and said I'd be considering canceling my memberships completely but so far I've had no reply.

Serious question for those who plan to go and not return:

Would you come back if those leading the club came out and said...

"We made a mistake but now we can't afford to pay out Ken. We will be taking the time to make sure we do have a coaching team ready to go in 2024 if we don't win the flag next year."

"We made a mistake but now we can't afford to pay out Ken. We will be taking the time to make sure we do have a coaching team ready to go in 2024 if we don't win the flag next year."

Won't have to worry about that cause that will never happen in a million years.

And basically admitting that the 2023 season is a write off will not make me want to spend $600 on a membership either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please please please please tell us he's walking 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Ken isnt walking, Ken doesn't give a stuff about the club, Ken is all about Ken (that's obvious).

Seriously, if he took a pay-cut then requested the performance clauses be altered because he took the pay-cut, then what kind of person does that tell you he is? He could of just done the right thing there but had to find an angle for himself, and the stupid board fell for it?

Koch needs to be the first to go, we need to break that Koch and Ken legacy, someone in that role with no legacy to Ken who can make a clear cut call.

I'd want a total clean out of the club before I come back. Hinkley obviously, but Koch and Richardson gone too. Especially Richardson, the guy worked in memberships 2 years ago and is now our CEO? Give me a ****ing break. Just goes to show how cheap we are, we're totally corporate now, winning premierships is way down the list of priorities for these people.

Thanks,'

Yeah got the exact same message.

When they draw up a plan to be financially successful and out from AFL control.

Maybe.

If I actually believed them it would be YES.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your email. As per your request, I have opted yourself and your daughter out of auto-renewal for 2023.

As someone who has been with us for 22+ years, we’re very sad to hear of your dissatisfaction with the club.

Thanks,
Dylan

They acknowledged my 15+ years of membership in mine as well.
Hopefully the message about rusted on supporters leaving is getting through.

Dylan in membership is busy today:

Thanks for your email. As per your request, I have opted you out of auto-renewal for 2023.

As someone who has been with us many years, we're very sad to hear of your dissatisfaction with the club.

If there's anything else I can do regarding your membership, now or in the future, feel free to reach out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 Membership - Audited Figure 64,041 - New Club Record

Back