2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter’s season looks like this so far:

Round 1 (Reserves): 4.0
Round 2 (Reserves): 5.1
Round 3 (Reserves): 3.1
Round 5 (Seniors): 4.3
Round 6 (Seniors): 2.1
Round 7 (Seniors): 5.1

That’s 23.7 in 6 games he played so far. Pretty impressive. Not surprised we’re looking at him.

He'll kick 7.23 with us.

That’s 23.7 in 6 games he played so far. Pretty impressive. Not surprised we’re looking at him.
From his highlights reel, looks to have a copybook kicking technique .

Get this kid to tigerland , great hands , nice kick of the footy and moves well too , will be light for afl footy but would be great next to lynchy. 6 months in our system and a pre season will do him the world of good

Given we now have two picks Im inclined to give Shaun Mannagh a go.

25/26 year old who could in theory come straight into the team as a high half forward in the Lambert role, which our key forwards withstanding is the area on our list that lacks depth. Can find out if he is any good and if not cut him at the end of the season.

For our first I really like the upside of El Nour, looked really promising for our VFL side. Haven't seen too much state footy to comment with much conviction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what he brings to the table re strength, athleticism, speed etc, his set shot routine looks good though
Interesting whether wc rate him ahead of Maric , I reckon they’ll take the Vic , haw I think will go with their own box hill prospect ….NM would they be keen , reckon they might go a ruck prospect

Given we now have two picks Im inclined to give Shaun Mannagh a go.

25/26 year old who could in theory come straight into the team as a high half forward in the Lambert role, which our key forwards withstanding is the area on our list that lacks depth. Can find out if he is any good and if not cut him at the end of the season.

For our first I really like the upside of El Nour, looked really promising for our VFL side. Haven't seen too much state footy to comment with much conviction.
nahh get a key forward if we rate them , there’s a few there , we should be able to get one
Maric hunter Buller Elliott

Interesting whether wc rate him ahead of Maric , I reckon they’ll take the Vic , haw I think will go with their own box hill prospect ….NM would they be keen , reckon they might go a ruck prospect
That’s the way the media are forecasting it.Maric seems to be most observers fav to go no 1 .

I’m just hoping our crew rate one of the KPF’s highly enough to take. Maybe the mindset changes just a little having 2 picks?! Can we roll the dice on a tall. It is a MSD after all.

nahh get a key forward if we rate them , there’s a few there , we should be able to get one
Maric hunter Buller Elliott

Buller is way too slow for AFL, Maric isn't big enough. Haven't seen either of Hunter or Elliott. Hunter intrigues me based on coming off an ACL, good size and is kicking goals. His profile suggest he could be a focal point but need to see some footage before I make any further assessment on him.

We need KPFs, but the only issue is that the KPFs available may not be great. That’s the only concern I have with picking a KPF in the mid season draft.

If there is one with serious potential though, then I’d like us to pick them
I think we are relying too much on Bauer and Bradtke who are both speculative picks and a work in progress.
If we don't at least pick another speculative KPF next week with one of our 2 picks it's going to be extremely disappointing.

Buller is way too slow for AFL, Maric isn't big enough. Haven't seen either of Hunter or Elliott. Hunter intrigues me based on coming off an ACL, good size and is kicking goals. His profile suggest he could be a focal point but need to see some footage before I make any further assessment on him.
There’s a few clips of him , look at the r5 , takes some good overhead marks , he moves really well and good kick , would be too light for no1 key forward , in short term anyway

Extremely limited vision, why they show just the set shot and not the lead up play is beyond me, but he looks reasonably athletic, decent size (needs a few more kgs), very good set shot and multiple games back this up.

Obviously need to see more, but given its a position of need and they are so hard to get, we need to gamble on at least 1 KPF in this draft, and then maybe best available under 22 player with the other pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

Back