2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I watch an ok amount of WAFL games considering i live in WA and we dont get VFL games as much as you guys would. Hansen is nothing special, played half a dozen League games and hasn't had a standout performance (best game was against Claremont, hence why the video clip is that game), he catches the eye because he is quick, his disposal is pretty average.

We should be targeting another WA boy in Hunter, hopefully the Eagles don't get him first, however if Hunter isn't available then I'd be happy with any of the better young tall prospects named early so far.

Hopefully Trezise will be free with our second pick but have a feeling North Melbourne or Essendon will grab him with their pick. If we dont get Hunter with our first pick and miss out on Trezise or one of the better KPF chances, this trade week will be a bust.
Thanks for clarifying.
I have no knowledge of these kids apart from the vids posted and stats for the year so someone like yourself who has been to games live and assessed these guys up close is really helpful.

What do you like about Hunter and what are the strengths and areas of improvement that we should get excited about if we draft him?

How does he compare to Buller and why don’t you have him in your consideration?

Either Buller or Hunter first pick please. Crumbing goal kicker 2 pick.

We are desperate for a big forward and a goal kicking crumbing forward that we can develop by taking out their natural flair and instinct and can turn into injury prone HB flankers. Tom Brown, Gibcus, Smith, Tarrant need some company in the rehab group.

My gut feel is second pick is for Narkle and the first will be used on one of the younger players being spoken about in the media.

Narkle will go to The bummers if we don’t take him first.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks for clarifying.
I have no knowledge of these kids apart from the vids posted and stats for the year so someone like yourself who has been to games live and assessed these guys up close is really helpful.

What do you like about Hunter and what are the strengths and areas of improvement that we should get excited about if we draft him?

How does he compare to Buller and why don’t you have him in your consideration?
I'd prefer Hunter but doesn't mean I'll be unhappy if we get Buller. To me if we get one of those 2 guys I'll be pretty happy.
Look they aren't world beaters but they are more than capable of playing and both are solid, it just gives us options instead of relying and hoping that Bauer and Bradtke are the answer.
Id much prefer we pick a speculative KPF that we can try and develop than picking smalls or mids who probably don't have the ceiling talls have.
Fingers crossed.

I watch an ok amount of WAFL games considering i live in WA and we dont get VFL games as much as you guys would. Hansen is nothing special, played half a dozen League games and hasn't had a standout performance (best game was against Claremont, hence why the video clip is that game), he catches the eye because he is quick, his disposal is pretty average.

We should be targeting another WA boy in Hunter, hopefully the Eagles don't get him first, however if Hunter isn't available then I'd be happy with any of the better young tall prospects named early so far.

Hopefully Trezise will be free with our second pick but have a feeling North Melbourne or Essendon will grab him with their pick. If we dont get Hunter with our first pick and miss out on Trezise or one of the better KPF chances, this trade week will be a bust.
Hansen looks like a George replacement to me, fast but undoes the good work with regular clangers and then scores by luck rather than good management. Adds speed from what I have seen but still doesn't provide a scoring danger to oppo defences necessitating their best defenders.

This is where our forward line currently suffers, the spread of small forwards with speed combined with skill and a good goal sense just isn't there and without Lynch at a minimum providing a marking contest the better defenders are on our less threatening forwards who just aren't able to contribute to any scoreboard pressure.

Essentially our forward line is a watered down version of what we had. Unfortunately a mid season draft doesn't provide the quality/type of player we really need who can make a discernible difference. Hopefully our recruiting department somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat.

I'd prefer Hunter but doesn't mean I'll be unhappy if we get Buller. To me if we get one of those 2 guys I'll be pretty happy.
Look they aren't world beaters but they are more than capable of playing and both are solid, it just gives us options instead of relying and hoping that Bauer and Bradtke are the answer.
Id much prefer we pick a speculative KPF that we can try and develop than picking smalls or mids who probably don't have the ceiling talls have.
Fingers crossed.

Aren't Bradtke and Bauer the speculative forwards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, hasn't our boy Trezise come rocketing onto everyone's radar?
I'm in agreement with the majority here that our first pick has to be the best available KPF (hopefully Hunter).

Second pick? Would love it if Trezise is still available. Otherwise....Teal? Maybe another speculative KPF like Elliot? Jared Poulter or Boyd Woodcock? Or some small/mid forward that we haven't heard of?

Fingers crossed.
Thanks.
I def see a list need for a tall forward and a small quick crumbing small.

However, I’d rather the club takes a player they think will make the grade rather than one that fits a list need but they don’t think have the tools to make it at the level.

Personally I hope they see the talent in a top forward and pick them. But I’m not close enough to the action to be able to project their talent based off a couple of vids.

Let’s see how it all pans out.

What a joke this thread is. Circle jerking over a pool of crap that will amount to nothing outside of some fluke luck we landed Pickett.

Most of those boys are pretty damn good footballers. The AFL is another level altogether. Pretty shit comment aimed at a bunch of young men who are busting a gut trying to fulfil a dream.

Mind you the Hawks ended up with one of their best mids from the mid season draft.,

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

Back