MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Riolli still had one foot on the ground then he might have had some kind of case. But he was so far off the ground his pelvis was head height.

I disagree with this let off.

I know not everyone is on the same page as I am with this.
I reckon when he left the ground the ball was still in dispute as to who marks it. When he was in the air he turned his body to protect himself. Rowell did mark it tho and the mark should have been paid.

Rioli is the one running front on to the fall of the ball. Jon Ralph is trying to spin it the other way but Rioli is charging toward the fall of the ball and Rowell is effectively going back with the flight. Front on contact applies if Rioli cops front on contact, not Rowell doesn't it. Rioli also seems like he has eyes on the ball until Rowell enters his vision, when he's in the air. That is when he turns his body.

I've seen North players in Rowell's position penalised before for causing front on contact.

Rioli isn’t getting suspended for that tackle. Shut the game down if he does? It was a good tackle and just unfortunate that LDU had his arms pinned with momentum causing head contact with the ground.

I’m really not sure what more Rioli could have done. I’m sick of the media trying to highlight accidents as possible suspensions.

He should have went last week, he knew Rowell was going to get to that ball first and still left the ground making contact with the head.

Rioli isn’t getting suspended for that tackle. Shut the game down if he does? It was a good tackle and just unfortunate that LDU had his arms pinned with momentum causing head contact with the ground.

I’m really not sure what more Rioli could have done. I’m sick of the media trying to highlight accidents as possible suspensions.

He should have went last week, he knew Rowell was going to get to that ball first and still left the ground making contact with the head.

I agree that it shouldn't be a suspension but it was not a good tackle because it was a free kick against both for push in the back (as awarded by the umpire) and dangerous tackle in that he drove his opponent's head into the ground with his arms pinned. Unlucky, but that's the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back