MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting Souva and Ziebell to both cop something for their actions.

Souva's tunnelling on Lewis Young and Ziebell's trip of Adam Saad.

Wasn’t a great look from Souva tbh.

Would be ropeable if they gave JZ anything for that. Was chasing a much faster player and his legs gave out in the action of trying to lay a tackle, he didn't try and ankle tap him on purpose, the only reason contact was made was because Saad's leg was back, a microsecond either side and JZ faceplants with no contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charges laid:
Jack Ziebell, North Melbourne,
has been charged with Tripping (Fixed Financial Sanction) Adam Saad, Carlton, during the first quarter of the Round Seven match between Carlton and North Melbourne played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, April 30, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Tripping (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Liam Stocker, Carlton, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Tarryn Thomas, North Melbourne, during the third quarter of the Round Seven match between Carlton and North Melbourne played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, April 30, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a one-match suspension with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Jason Horne-Francis, North Melbourne, has been charged with Striking Jack Silvagni, Carlton, during the third quarter of the Round Seven match between Carlton and North Melbourne played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, April 30, 2022.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Nick Larkey, North Melbourne, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Lewis Young, Carlton, during the third quarter of the Round Seven match between Carlton and North Melbourne played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, April 30, 2022.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Medium Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Lewis Young, Carlton, has been charged with Forceful Front-On-Contact against Cameron Zuhaar, North Melbourne, during the fourth quarter of the Round Seven match between Carlton and North Melbourne played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, April 30, 2022.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, High Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Larkey was frustrated, what he did was dumb, dangerous and deserving of suspension.

BUT the AFL tribunal is an inconsistent joke.

Agreed. But in a weird sort of way. The Stocker bump on Thomas was awesome. Not head high, hurt him but didn't injure him. Geez, Carlton would have to appeal that.

JZ is a bit unlucky. I thought it was a genuine attempt to chase someone 1000x quicker than him but, like a lot of what Jack does these days, wasn't quite as good as it could have been. Cop the fine and move on.

JHF gets his first sanction. I suspect it won't be his last. He is increasingly looking like a frustrated young man. Must be tough being the youngest player in the team, but one of few who look like they are busting their gut, and wondering how South Adelaide felt better than an AFL team getting reamed each week.

Just like BMac last week, i say appeal, medium impact, pig's arse, but club will probably double down and accept the sanction again.
Disappointed we copped the BMac one last week but I reckon we cop this on the chin.

Bit of spice in that game for essentially a dead rubber.
It the result of umpires losing control of the game. Players get frustrated and these acts occur.

As far as the Larkey suspension, good to see they found a way of grading it to get the result they wanted LOL

Under their stupid guidelines he pretty much had to grade that the way he graded Darcy Gardner, but where there is a will there is a way.

I actually wouldn’t mind the club appealing this just to show the farcical nature of these guidelines they pick and choose to use. But I’m sure we will take the week and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back