Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think the AFL has had an absolute shock at 1 yet… heads would likely roll though if Eagles didn’t take Reid after rejecting offers.
Was McCartin and Petracca a similar situation?

Who keeps releasing these articles about Curtin and how good he is?
Is it a reporter paid by North? Reid’s manager? Opp clubs trying to throw the draft out of whack? A group of smart WC supporters? JHF’s mum?

It’s like one week it’s Curtin, then Duursma, then McKercher and repeat
The smart money's on JHF's mum..

Is it a reporter paid by North? Reid’s manager? Opp clubs trying to throw the draft out of whack? A group of smart WC supporters? JHF’s mum?

Just screams uncertainty

Worst case scenario is they accept our pick 2 and pick 15 in the 5 minute window when they are on the clock. There is no possible way they call out Curtin or McKercher with pick 1. If they did, they'd be leaving the free hit of pick 15 on the table. They will either take Reid with pick 1 and be happy with that, or they will give him up and accept 2x first round picks.
If WC doesn't want to embarrass themselves by trading Pick1...just call out Walter at Pick 1, then make the trade with North?
3+16+18 for 2+24 or FP2 should cover it;)

My money's on Mama Horne

I thought Petracca at the time was condenses best available? Or was it like Cadman this year where it was team need?
Apparently!! Can't remember if Petracca was as clear no.1 as Reid at the moment but Saints wanted McCartin, even with his diabetes, and knocked back a few offers to trade pick 1 to called him early unlike WC which still has the ferrari parked on the nature strip with OBO sign on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think the AFL has had an absolute shock at 1 yet… heads would likely roll though if Eagles didn’t take Reid after rejecting offers.
Was McCartin and Petracca a similar situation?
Saints saw how much Tom Boyd (a 1st year player who had done nothing) cost in a trade (pick 6 and a captain - Griffen) and took the key forward as they thought really good key forwards are hard to get and cost a lot to trade in.

NM have already offered more than that and if WC want to trade they will go earlier I reckon.
Myself, I hope they take Harley.
Didn't realise a team is contractually obliged to keep a trade offer open indefinitely. Good to know...

Brady to Melbourne "hey remember that time you offered a 2nd rounder for Aaron Mullet, well yeh we'd love to do that now thanks".

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back