NCAA 2023- NCAA Off Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole thing is one big cluster* and the real question has to be how was it allowed to get to this place without anybody putting a stop to it.
Because in the last media deal Big10 gave the rights to everything to the Fox owned Big10 network and a deal that goes till 2030. and its just Fox sub licencing them to CBS and NBC with the Big10 brokering the deal and the Big10 f**ked up.

NBC must be super happy to have Syracuse, Rutgers, Indiana and Illinois as the most likely teams for primetime games in November.

Now it makes sense why Fox had people in the room when the Big10 were talking to NBC, CBS, Amazon and ESPN about packages.

I get that but the way I saw it explained it seemed like the whole thing was a shady back alley transaction conducted by Kevin Warren and done without the knowledge or approval of any of the Big10 schools.

With the Big10 schools all having to chip in to pay the $40m, I find it hard to believe everything was done on the up and up.

It wasnt. as seen by Michigan, Penn St and Ohio State refusing to play night games in November when NBC were never told that was going to be an issue.
Like selling a championship game you have no rights to sell is f**ked.

and they only went with NBC because some AD's had an issue with going streaming only with Amazon.

The Basketball coaches have also expressed issues with the new TV deal.

It is time for Kirby and the school to start coming down hard on these idiots. Kick them off the team if they have to. If a teammate dying isn't enough of a wakeup call for these players to pull their heads in then I don't know what will.

Black Friday night game to close out the Big10 season
Sucks to be the Ford Field grounds crew. having to turn the field from the Lions to Michigan St in about 30hrs on Thanksgiving weekend.

I haven't looked at the particulars and really only know what I heard from Josh Pate today, but as long as we still get Florida every year and one of Auburn, Tennessee, and South Carolina with the other 2 rotating then I am fine with it. It'll probably only be for the one year. Interestingly though, only 5 schools (Florida, Georgia, LSU, Missouri and Texas A&M) voted for the 9 game conference and they needed an 8 vote majority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More details about how the Big10 are going about their scheduling, it's called "Flex Protect Plus" which sounds more like a private health insurance plan

Our fans are not happy with the 2024 schedule. No South Carolina which is one of our main rivalry games and still no A&M. This is why the 8 game SEC fixture is bullshit. It should be 9 so you can keep the rivalry games.

Getting both Bama and Texas away is going to be tough. Thank god for the expanded playoff because we might need it.

Aussies D1 players to watch this year:

Jordan Moko OL Texas A&M
Jack Low DL Fordham University
Zachary Neilsen LB Tulsa University
Frankie Tinilau OL University of Miami
Malakai Railton-Stewart DL University of Idaho
Jayden O'Rourke TE - University of Nevada

Top 3 should get decent game time, bottom 3 are freshmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back