NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions acquired Denzel Mims from the Jets on Wednesday, Connor Hughes of SNY.tv reports.
The two teams are swapping late-round picks in 2025, with a seventh-rounder going to Detroit and the Jets getting a conditional sixth-rounder. In an effort to drum up last-minute trade interest, the Jets made it public earlier Wednesday that they were going to release Mims. The Cowboys were one of the teams linked to a Mims trade, but Detroit closed the deal, giving the 2020 second-round pick a needed change of scenery. Buried in New York, the 6-foot-3, 207-pound Mims has mouthwatering size and speed but caught just 42 passes for 676 scoreless yards in 30 games with the Jets. With the Lions, Mims will try to carve out a role on the outside where he'll compete with the likes of Marvin Jones, Josh Reynolds, and Kalif Raymond while Jameson Williams is suspended for the first six weeks.

Does a team ever waste draft capital when another team publicly says "we will cut X if we cant find a trade"

and if it does happen its like day 3 conditional picks.
I think teams do it to try and call out others to get in quick to keep a player they might be interested in off the waiver wire.

They've given up on getting anything, but this is a last ditch effort before they cut them.

I think teams do it to try and call out others to get in quick to keep a player they might be interested in off the waiver wire.

They've given up on getting anything, but this is a last ditch effort before they cut them.
Waiver wire doesnt exist between Feb and Mid September.

Lions will end up waiving Mims now

I reckon hell make the roster and be their deep threat for the first few weeks while Jameson Williams is suspended. Not much else there on the roster in terms of someone who can stretch the field.

Jordan Addison (undisclosed) was cited Thursday for driving 140 miles per hour in a 55 mph zone, Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com reports.

Speeding tickets don't usually lead to league discipline, but this one will get the NFL's attention and might eventually lead to a fine and/or a short suspension. The 23rd overall pick in this year's draft was cited around 3:00 a.m. CT on Thursday for speeding and reckless driving, three days before rookies report to Vikings training camp. Addison isn't off to the best start in the NFL, first missing spring practices with an undisclosed injury and now dealing with a legal problem

Jordan Addison (undisclosed) was cited Thursday for driving 140 miles per hour in a 55 mph zone, Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com reports.

Speeding tickets don't usually lead to league discipline, but this one will get the NFL's attention and might eventually lead to a fine and/or a short suspension. The 23rd overall pick in this year's draft was cited around 3:00 a.m. CT on Thursday for speeding and reckless driving, three days before rookies report to Vikings training camp. Addison isn't off to the best start in the NFL, first missing spring practices with an undisclosed injury and now dealing with a legal problem
Wish America had the anti hoon laws like Victoria. just so campaigners like this get the cars taken and crushed along with losing the license.

If you are going almost 90mph OVER the speed limit, you dont deserve to ever be on the road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish America had the anti hoon laws like Victoria. just so campaigners like this get the cars taken and crushed along with losing the license.

If you are going almost 90mph OVER the speed limit, you dont deserve to ever be on the road.

Yep, their laws are way too lenient, should bring down the BAC also to .05

Much like with repeat drink drivers how they have to use an interlock the world would be better if repeat/high level speeders had a device fitted to their car that would limit them to a maximum speed.
These NFL players would just buy a new car and not have it installed. but why does a road car need to go 140mph thats like 225kmh. what legitimate reason is there to need to drive that fast other than to show everyone how small your dick is.

These NFL players would just buy a new car and not have it installed.

Then you lose your license for longer if you're caught driving one without it, jail follows if you continue to drive without license or max speed lock. That would be the go.
Won't even happen though coz in America you can kill someone like Ruggs and only get 3 years if you're a celeb.

These NFL players would just buy a new car and not have it installed. but why does a road car need to go 140mph thats like 225kmh. what legitimate reason is there to need to drive that fast other than to show everyone how small your dick is.
I have no problem with them wanting to go that fast - just do it on a track, away from everyone else.

Hearing about the RB committee secretly getting together made me laugh.

What are they realistically going to do? The GM's aren't doing anything wrong, they've realised the position isn't as valuable as it used to be. It sucks for them but it's the reality.

I was thinking about this last night myself, sitting out isn't going to do shit, especially after how Le'Veon Bell came back after a year off. GMs will be even more reluctant to give out multi year deals on the back of that

I was thinking about this last night myself, sitting out isn't going to do s**t, especially after how Le'Veon Bell came back after a year off. GMs will be even more reluctant to give out multi year deals on the back of that
I just don't know what it achieves. They've realised there's a multitude of RB's out there, they can get by without paying one.

There's nothing wrong with prioritizing a position less and as you say, sitting out achieves nothing.

I get it, it sucks. I'd be trying to learn route running real quick if I were them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back