Cousins, Goff, Jackson, Young, Murray, Tagovailoa
---
Watson, Prescott, Carr, Purdy, Garoppolo, Mayfield
---
*Ridder, *Love, Wilson, Smith, Stroud
---
D.Jones, M.Jones, Pickett, Fields, Minshew/Richardson, Howell, Tannehill/Levis

* = have room to quickly rise or sink on the ratings pending further data

Saw a discussion today, Bryce Young is set up to perform/succeed straight away better than any QB taken at #1 in ******* ages. Didnt really think about it but they are right.

By that I mean coaching and oline wise.

Other QBs had better receivers like Luck but had terrible lines and were coached by Chuck Pagano, Jared Goff had Jeff Fisher and terrible receivers, Trevor Lawrence had Urban Meyer, terrible oline and terrible receivers etc etc
Carolina are a great place for him to land.

Couldn't have asked for a better place to land as a no 1 pick QB

Carolina are a great place for him to land.

Couldn't have asked for a better place to land as a no 1 pick QB

I'd be disappointed if we don't win the division, think it's between us and the Saints (they have the easiest schedule this year by far in the NFL)

Think the NFCS will be a very tight division. Buc and Falcon arent significantly worse than Panther and Saints

A lot depends on Ridder, complete guess work, Falcons D improved but the pass rush is still fairly patch work.
Bucs defense is still very good, the main question is the oline, ****ing horrific last year, Baker behind horrific lines has never been pretty. Maybe Trask gets a chance but I wouldnt hold my breath on him being any special either.

I'd be disappointed if we don't win the division, think it's between us and the Saints (they have the easiest schedule this year by far in the NFL)
should win it.

Expecially with that defense

should win it.

Expecially with that defense

Our defense is good but injury prone. Need Horn and Jackson to stay upright or we are thin at CB. And on paper we are one Brian Burns injury away from having no pass rush. Love the appointment of Evero as DC though, I expect him to find ways of creating pressure outside Burns.

A lot depends on Ridder, complete guess work, Falcons D improved but the pass rush is still fairly patch work.
Bucs defense is still very good, the main question is the oline, ******* horrific last year, Baker behind horrific lines has never been pretty. Maybe Trask gets a chance but I wouldnt hold my breath on him being any special either.
Trask is rubbish most likely. But if Mayfield can get his act together. Falcons pass rush is their big weakness but the team overall has been improving a lot since the new HC, expecting a rise to continue. But yeah, Panther and Saints the best bet

Trask is rubbish most likely. But if Mayfield can get his act together. Falcons pass rush is their big weakness but the team overall has been improving a lot since the new HC, expecting a rise to continue. But yeah, Panther and Saints the best bet

If Heinicke was starter id probably have a bit more confidence in the Falcons coz I know what hes capable of, need to learn more about Ridder in the first month or so to see where the Falcons are at

By that I mean coaching and oline wise.

Other QBs had better receivers like Luck but had terrible lines and were coached by Chuck Pagano, Jared Goff had Jeff Fisher and terrible receivers, Trevor Lawrence had Urban Meyer, terrible oline and terrible receivers etc etc
Lawrance made some great throws in the playoff game against the Chargers.
Which was more or less 2 teams with horrible OL's and a lack of offence weapons where the QB needs to force things at times.

If the Jags could get functioning OL and some WR's that can get open or make contested catches they would run away with the South.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lawrance made some great throws in the playoff game against the Chargers.
Which was more or less 2 teams with horrible OL's and a lack of offence weapons where the QB needs to force things at times.

If the Jags could get functioning OL and some WR's that can get open or make contested catches they would run away with the South.

Im talking strictly about what he was working with as a rookie.

The Jags WRs are better than people give them credit for and Engram bounced back well last season. Clearly Lawrence's situation changed a tonne with Peterson and the players they brought in last offseason from what he was dealing with in his rookie season.

Jets cracked the shits being named for hard knocks, show has basically been dead for 10 years now so this is just another nail in the coffin...

Yeah.

The Jets, and the majority of teams, have been making their own superior versions on YouTube for years now.

Much like the advent of social media and 'instant' news killed things like The Footy Show, Hard Knocks no longer really offers anything we don't already have in regard to behind-the-scenes access. They have also been beaten to the punch multiple times with something different with things like 'All or Nothing' and now 'Quarterback'.

Im talking strictly about what he was working with as a rookie.

The Jags WRs are better than people give them credit for and Engram bounced back well last season. Clearly Lawrence's situation changed a tonne with Peterson and the players they brought in last offseason from what he was dealing with in his rookie season.
Last year basically was his rookie season. I refuse to accept that Urban Myer season actually exists.
Everyone is just being Streisand. Like no way there was a NFL coach who was that incompitant and a bully who just wanted to hook up with girls younger than his daughters after games.

Yeah.

The Jets, and the majority of teams, have been making their own superior versions on YouTube for years now.

Much like the advent of social media and 'instant' news killed things like The Footy Show, Hard Knocks no longer really offers anything we don't already have in regard to behind-the-scenes access. They have also been beaten to the punch multiple times with something different with things like 'All or Nothing' and now 'Quarterback'.

Yep, if teams aren't allowing you to see cuts what is the point of hard knocks. Nothing different from what we can see elsewhere.

Last year basically was his rookie season.

Except it wasn't, my whole point and the discussion I was talking about was that Bryce is set up better IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR than any other #1 pick QB has been in ages

Does a team ever waste draft capital when another team publicly says "we will cut X if we cant find a trade"

and if it does happen its like day 3 conditional picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back