Opinion 2023 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart and Dawson.
Dochertys move to the midfield may do what shorts did to him. 1 preseason game is not enough to make a decision off imo. Sicily is a hot head in a team that seems to be tanking.
So many kick-ins and intercept marks. He'll be too busy to lose his shit.

Pick two off:

Stewart - Dawson - Docherty - Sicily

I've gone Docherty on basis of playing more midfield in 2023 ....worried about Stewarts role with De Koning

Sicily over-priced

Dawsons role, I have no idea ....and that makes me nervous ....but he also could be the new Capt
I’m starting Stewart 100%, no questions here. Has the propensity to go large, but I’m worried about the aftermath of his LizFrank.

And these were Doc’s scores after we moved him into the centre square out of necessity.

840E1C7A-9AAA-4352-90AA-90B3B30B0916.jpeg

I’m going to take the punt on him.

Cerra will play a bit of wing, we are weak there, hence the acquisition of Acres.
Kennedy is strong overhead so can play high Hf as a rotation, Hewett and Walsh are under injury clouds with their backs, and Doc offers something a little different to our midfield set-up. Has pace and is a decent kick - we were also a bit one-paced with Hewett, Cripps and Kennedy in there. Walsh got used a bit differently as well at times - he would start out of the square on a HFF but still play midfield and run opponents into the ground.

I dunno, I just know I’m starting those two, so perhaps do something different just in case.

Pick two off:

I've gone Docherty on basis of playing more midfield in 2023 ....worried about Stewarts role with De Koning

Sicily over-priced

Dawsons role, I have no idea ....and that makes me nervous ....but he also could be the new Capt
I have Stewart and Doc currently.

Pick two off:

Sicily over-priced

Stewart and Sicily those intercepts and kick outs equal lots of points hopefully

I’m starting Stewart 100%, no questions here. Has the propensity to go large, but I’m worried about the aftermath of his LizFrank.

And these were Doc’s scores after we moved him into the centre square out of necessity.

View attachment 1575703

I’m going to take the punt on him.

Cerra will play a bit of wing, we are weak there, hence the acquisition of Acres.
Kennedy is strong overhead so can play high Hf as a rotation, Hewett and Walsh are under injury clouds with their backs, and Doc offers something a little different to our midfield set-up. Has pace and is a decent kick - we were also a bit one-paced with Hewett, Cripps and Kennedy in there. Walsh got used a bit differently as well at times - he would start out of the square on a HFF but still play midfield and run opponents into the ground.

I dunno, I just know I’m starting those two, so perhaps do something different just in case.
problem with doc is at 600k youd wanna be very sure. my concern was that he is not worth his high price tag and probably hasnt been worth that much since 2017

Screenshot_20221219_203222_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221219_203201_Chrome.jpg

didnt even crack 580k last season and is probably worth around 530-540k imo. might be a nice upgrade target.

problem with doc is at 600k youd wanna be very sure. my concern was that he is not worth his high price tag and probably hasnt been worth that much since 2017

View attachment 1575719

View attachment 1575718

didnt even crack 580k last season and is probably worth around 530-540k imo. might be a nice upgrade target.
097D6F82-A16D-491D-8F91-A1D3F510987D.gif

**** I hope there is another $400k Hewett type and another $450k Sicily type that rear their heads through the off-season.

View attachment 1575720

* I hope there is another $400k Hewett type and another $450k Sicily type that rear their heads through the off-season.
Ok hear me out:

Billy Frampton

I don’t know what role he will have at Collingwood, however his weakness is he’s horrendous one on one, if he doesn’t have to be accountable to a proper key forward he could be a good scorer. Scored 124 against the Dogs in that role, and racked up the disposals and marks consistently in the SANFL.

Yes I’m mostly having a laugh but it’s honestly my best guess in that price range. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a third option?
i was about to say the same thing!

Warner vs Anderson
Warner!! as our #1 go to midfielder, i am finding it very hard to keep him out of my team. without one super sexy blonde bombshell from the swans in my forward line, i might have to make do with a younger one in midfield.

i was about to say the same thing!

Warner!! as our #1 go to midfielder, i am finding it very hard to keep him out of my team. without one super sexy blonde bombshell from the swans in my forward line, i might have to make do with a younger one in midfield.
Not worried he cops a lot more attention next year?

no. not really. mills heeney parker will still take most of the attention youd think.
Heeney I wouldn't count as he won't cop a tag per say since he spends majority of the time forward. Parker maybe but I can't say he cops a great deal of attention year in year out normally so don't see much changing there. Mills makes sense but we've also seen him get swung into defence a bunch of times last season.

Warner had a purple patch after the bye last year and after 3/4 games in a row of chopping up, he copped attention. Those games he put up scores of 69, 104, 87, 77. No doubt he's got improvement in him but after his QF and GF performances, I can see him copping a tag well ahead of the other guys. He's incredibly damaging and kicks goals on the reg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back