Opinion 2023 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titch v Green @ M5
titch is a proven sc superstar with something still left in the tank. reinvigorated at a new team with a license to rack up possessions youd hope..

green started well but died off a bit. still breaking out imo. not a finished product yet and we could be waiting another season to see the superstar that he is going to be.

on that youd have to go titch.

Titch v Green @ M5

jennifer lawrence microphone GIF

English and Tom Green vs Bont and Daicos?
English and Tom Green

Wary of 2nd year players, even as good as Daicos ...who's also likely to get tagged this season

Bont, as good as he is, his yearly averages don't move much ......so there's better value player options, and Green showed early this year how good he'll be, with a 119 ave over the first 7 games .....he'll sustain that form longer after another PS

Green is an incredibly driven player .....wants to be the best player in the AFL

parish vs steele vs brayshaw
Steele, has upside with the low scores after injury. Parish and Brayshaw are fairly priced, but neither were as consistent as Steele. Might not be like he was at the start of 2022, but he'll still be one of the best defensive mids in the comp as well as the Saints number one midfield option.

Steele, has upside with the low scores after injury. Parish and Brayshaw are fairly priced, but neither were as consistent as Steele. Might not be like he was at the start of 2022, but he'll still be one of the best defensive mids in the comp as well as the Saints number one midfield option.
steele is a rolls royce of sc. not sure why i ever doubted him.

last one before i go to sleep and put away v1.1.217

blicavs vs warner?

steele is a rolls royce of sc. not sure why i ever doubted him.

last one before i go to sleep and put away v1.1.217

blicavs vs warner?
Blicavs is competitively priced but I don’t quite understand the logic of getting him.

he won’t be a top 5 ruck or a top 10 mid over the course of the year. He also won’t earn 150k. There’s aren’t any compelling mid / ruc players to partner him up with as an extra line of insurance.

In contrast, my view is that Warner is shaping up to be a top 10 scoring mid.

Last edited:
In contrast, my view is that Warner is shaping up to be a top 10 scoring mid.
What makes you say this?

I can see him improving his average but to be top 10 he'll probably have to go 115.

Just imo, but I think he will be the main target for oppositions now as he's Sydney's most damaging and tagable mid.

That and history suggests the swans drop off a bit this year.

Interested in where you see the improvement though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you say this?

I can see him improving his average but to be top 10 he'll probably have to go 115.

Just imo, but I think he will be the main target for oppositions now as he's Sydney's most damaging and tagable mid.

He’s already hitting 115+, it’s a question of eliminating the poor scores as much as possible.

One correlative factor for his poor scores has been his CBAs.

He started the year with less than 50% CBAs on average.

By the end of the year he was attending 70-80% a game. His SC scores were going up accordingly.

Most of the later rounds where he scored poorly he had an unusually low CBA rate. (Eg Round 14 and 15 he had 65 and 45% CBAs.)

More generally, his development has been super impressive over the course of his short career, that’s been reflected in his SC performance, and there’s every reason to think he’s gonna take it to the next level.

As an inside mid his scores will be relatively unaffected by how well the swans perform.

Flip side of course is yeah we don’t know 1) how often he will be tagged and 2) how it will impact his scoring. Probable that Mills and Rowbottom will have cracking years too so perhaps Chad won’t be a standout worthy of a tag that often.

What makes you say this?

Swans have a strange set up at times .

To the naked eye you would think parker and mills would do the bauk of the CBA .

Then horse 🐴 puts mills down back .

Warner had a good GF was having a crack busting his chol ..

He’s already hitting 115+, it’s a question of eliminating the poor scores as much as possible.

By the end of the year he was attending 70-80% a game. His SC scores were going up accordingly.

Most of the later rounds where he scored poorly he had an unusually low CBA rate. (Eg Round 14 and 15 he had 65 and 45% CBAs.)

More generally, his development has been super impressive over the course of his short career, that’s been reflected in his SC performance, and there’s every reason to think he’s gonna take it to the next level.

As an inside mid his scores will be relatively unaffected by how well the swans perform.

Flip side of course is yeah we don’t know 1) how often he will be tagged and 2) how it will impact his scoring. Probable that Mills and Rowbottom will have cracking years too so perhaps Chad won’t be a standout worthy of a tag that often.
Yeah I meant he'll need to average 115 for the season to be top- I phrased that poorly, my bad.

CBA correlation is very interesting because Horse is a kent who changes things constantly. The only sure thing is he won't stop being a kent.

For me it's probably a year early on Chadles. LDU/Anderson/Green/Smith all better options around that price.

parish vs steele vs brayshaw
Steele for mine.

Personally Parish will be very much a wait and see depending on what role he ends up playing under Scott.

CBA correlation is very interesting because Horse is a kent who changes things constantly. The only sure thing is he won't stop being a kent.

For me it's probably a year early on Chadles. LDU/Anderson/Green/Smith all better options around that price.
Bevo is king kent meaning Baz has question marks too.
The orange team are the kentiest mob around.
LDU is a better option, I agree.

struggling to justify keeping laird when 700k is such a huge chunk. the money comes handy upgrading other parts of the field.

laird and mclean vs macrae and tarryn??

also are fyfe and yeo really worth 650k as two midpricers. or are you better off going one premo and one rookie when it comes to those two. e.g. fyfe and yeo vs young and mclean??

Last edited:
struggling to justify keeping laird when 700k is such a huge chunk. the money comes handy upgrading other parts of the field.

laird and mclean vs macrae and tarryn??

also are fyfe and yeo really worth 650k as two midpricers. or are you better off going one premo and one rookie when it comes to those two. e.g. fyfe and yeo vs young and mclean??
You shouldn't be comparing with McLean who would be locked in your team, rather the next best rookie.

I'm going MPM this year. Every year I soften a little bit and put in a few more rookies that people are puting in their teams, but there are always 1-3 of your starting squad rookies who are just a waste of space.

My thoughts also.

I'm not convinced Warner is the first tagged. Parker and Mills are established A-graders. Florent and Papley run through as impact players. Plus Warner has played well with attention throughout the year.

Like you say, CBAs and TOG more relevant - both of which increased toward the end of the season.

If the love for Warner isn't there from the SC cohort, I'm excited. Hard to believe Warner is going to be a POD, but it may very well be the case.

Thought I'd add to the Warner debate by saying I'm looking at him for my M6, as well as his mate Rowbottom.
Both young players on the improve, Chad coming into his 4th year, a good sign, and Rowey 1 yr older and 5th season.
They both finished off the year well.
Warner averaged 89 in his last 5 games (not incl.finals) and av 91 (incl.finals) and is priced at $532,700.
Rowbottom av. 109 in his last 5 games (not incl finals) and 108.6 ( incl.finals) and is priced at $468,500

I think Warner has a higher ceiling but Rowbottom is better priced ..........a decision looming in the New Year methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back