Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills had very few CBA's. Keep an eye on whether that switches back this week.

Gulden is a gun though.
Agree ....have to see whether Guldens CBA's were an event, or a trend

This is where I'm at now. Any thoughts?
View attachment 1617019View attachment 1617020
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

View attachment 1617036

Loving this structure atm. Final team pending last week of official praccy games.

Gone Butters > Rozee as a POD up forward, got 2 premo rucks and still able to fit in 5 genuine stud mid premos. Feels safe enough, pending the def rookies arriving.
Like the Hodor pick. He gave ROB a bath on the weekend, and had almost all the CBA's when he was on the ground. Surprised so many are prepared to start English but not Hodor. Freo have a good start to the year too.

View attachment 1617036

Loving this structure atm. Final team pending last week of official praccy games.

Gone Butters > Rozee as a POD up forward, got 2 premo rucks and still able to fit in 5 genuine stud mid premos. Feels safe enough, pending the def rookies arriving.
Love the structure. Think I'll be going with something similar. Looks like the year to start light in defence. Not against Butters, but I think you'll end up with buyers remorse if you don't start Rozee. He's primed.

Like the Hodor pick. He gave ROB a bath on the weekend, and had almost all the CBA's when he was on the ground. Surprised so many are prepared to start English but not Hodor. Freo have a good start to the year too.

Yeah I honestly reckon Jackson will be better for Darcy than Meek was. Jackson is a legitimate forward presence.

I heard the split was very favourable. And Hodor can score extremely quickly.

Yeah I honestly reckon Jackson will be better for Darcy than Meek was. Jackson is a legitimate forward presence.

I heard the split was very favourable. And Hodor can score extremely quickly.
If he gets credited with his HTA's (which wasn't happening last year) he'll put out some massive scores imo.

Agree about Jackson.

View attachment 1617036

Looks good.
Wondering if you have any ? marks on your 3 mid bench players. Only because you have 5 x DPP mid/def in the D. Could you switch one of them to the mids and find another defender you like or is that just messing things up for the sake of DPP switching you might not need???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks good.
Wondering if you have any ? marks on your 3 mid bench players. Only because you have 5 x DPP mid/def in the D. Could you switch one of them to the mids and find another defender you like or is that just messing things up for the sake of DPP switching you might not need???

Didn’t really think of that. Currently like my MID bench options though.

This is my team at the moment. I've gone pretty heavy in the mids and spent a bit less on the fwd line then most of the other teams I've seen with the 3 or 4 500k+ fwds. Not 100% sure whether I'll start Laird or downgrade him to one of the value/potential breakout mids like Anderson and spend the money elsewhere. The midfield looks pretty with him there but I might be sacrificing value with so many decent options. Also still have no idea who my other ruck will be, I've rotated pretty much every player through there and they all suck for one reason or another.

Capture.PNG

I absolutely respect the courage, but realistically, you're starting off with only six guaranteed keepers, with only probably five others that could feasibly make the jump to keeper status.

You're going to want to get that guaranteed number up to at least 11-12, otherwise, with the lack of cash gen that results from taking mid-pricers v rookies, you're almost certainly going to run out of trades before reaching full-premo.

It's the sort of side that could very well get you near the weekly prize over the first few rounds, but after that I'm worried that you'd run out of steam quickly as others begin upgrading.
I actually put the starters into a spreadsheet and compared their expected scores against their break evens. Plenty of +15 prospects but considering you can get +30 from a good rookie it probably doesn't beat premium/rookie field.

Am I the only person in Australia who has Joe Daniher, is he inujred dead or otherwise.

Haven’t spent much time on classic atm but had a bit of a play around today. Struggling with that r2 spot (Darcy draper reeves Grundy) and added in gulden at f5. But will most likely bail out and drop rozee/ gulden to fund my r2 and d2 spot 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Yep, R2 is my biggest headache right now. Had Marshall and Hickey all preseason. Was bullish on Hickey. But now he’s gone down I don’t like anything. English probably acceptable, but I don’t really like it, and stuffs with my structure. Thinking of left field with Reeves. Not sure. Will have a look this weekend, but I fell this is the year of a risky R2 and upgrade once a steady option emerges.

Love the Pickett selection. Seems like a positive risk.

I'd go Meek or even Draper over Hickey. I'm concerned about Hickey's body, and I imagine Ladhams will get a few chances next year which can only be bad for Hickey's scoring.
I’d honestly go a 123k rookie Ruck at R2 over Draper. Draper is pure poo. Hickey not playing now anyway, injured and rumour has it oit for a while. Reeves looked like the number one Ruck at the Hawks last weekend with Meek playing backup. Watching closely this weekend as Reeves might be a left field option.

I'm warming up to the idea of taking a mid pricer / 400k'er with me into the start of the season - someone like Kiddy Coleman or Kozi Pickett.

And keep a bit of cash banked for corrections. That way, if someone comes out flying to start the season cough Whitfield cough then I can easily make the correction.

My current team for reference

View attachment 1616726
One of the better teams I’ve seen IMO. Actually really like it. Watch JVR this weekend, he looked lost last weekend. Chandler could be a sneaky option instead. Reckon I’d rather swap Brayshaw for a bonafide premo at D3 and maybe ditch Weddle.

Can you make this image a bit bigger? My neighbours can't quite see it on the 30" monitor.
Hahahaha. Gold. It’s a bit annoying that you can’t resize on BF TBH.

View attachment 1617036

Jeepers. That’s thin down back, but the FWD line does appear to be the issue rookie wise. Don’t mind this idea, gotta structure around Rookies. We should find out a bit this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back