Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is 100% correct I had him as well and luckily had enough decent players and benched him R23 and avoided his 64. I don't think he will even be a Top 10 Forward next year
Depends on whether big Cox plays or not I reckon. If it's just McStay as second ruck, then Cameron will score well enough. But sharing with Cox, I don't think he's worth it. It was a different story last year trading him in @$330k.

Rozee F2 for me, but probably expendable as the forward rookies look plentiful. Butters can GAGF.

Fingers crossed for your choccy mate, mine's 11 and getting real slow and wobbly. The day isn't far away and I'm dreading it. Kia Kaha.

It was hard years back when Hanks cancer came back 2 days before Christmas.
They wanted to put him to sleep that day.☹️.

I couldn't do it .only lost he's mate a month before.

We can only give them a good life while we have them .

Vet said choc labs most problems..

I love them tho.
Wally my 3rd choc .

Hope yours keeps on trucking ❤️

Only gives you a 9 premo team ....rest are speculative / cash cows .....not enough premo's
I dont really subscribe to 'counting premos' to start with but yes, if you were to do that, it doesnt seem to have enough. However, a big factor is that midfield premos are harder to get in, they often take 2 downgrades for 1 upgrade, whereas in other positions it is often 1 for 1, or close to. What i like about a team like this, is the fact that you have assurity in the midfield and then still limited rookies in other positions.

With the sub rule back, i dont like the idea of relying on many rookies on field. So this is a hybrid type team that should score okay thanks to midfield guns but then doesnt overcompensate by starting heaps of rookies in other positions. Yes, it looks a bit 'out of balance' and i really just made it as a bit of a fun exercise, but i think there are positives to a team like it.

I dont really subscribe to 'counting premos' to start with but yes, if you were to do that, it doesnt seem to have enough. However, a big factor is that midfield premos are harder to get in, they often take 2 downgrades for 1 upgrade, whereas in other positions it is often 1 for 1, or close to. What i like about a team like this, is the fact that you have assurity in the midfield and then still limited rookies in other positions.

With the sub rule back, i dont like the idea of relying on many rookies on field. So this is a hybrid type team that should score okay thanks to midfield guns but then doesnt overcompensate by starting heaps of rookies in other positions. Yes, it looks a bit 'out of balance' and i really just made it as a bit of a fun exercise, but i think there are positives to a team like it.
I had a look at my starting team 'keepers' from 21 & 20 and it turned out that 6/13 in 21 and 7/12 in 20 survived the cut.

I am shaping a side based on L Jones/T Cole/Goater/B King/Esava/W Phillips as my onfield 'rookies' because of the sub factor.
I want role players with solid JS in this area to build cash. It may take a bit longer to fully fledge, but seems more bombproof.
ATM, this gives me 12 'keepers', with 5 of those being the full SP mids. you refer to.

I had a look at my starting team 'keepers' from 21 & 20 and it turned out that 6/13 in 21 and 7/12 in 20 survived the cut.

I am shaping a side based on L Jones/T Cole/Goater/B King/Esava/W Phillips as my onfield 'rookies' because of the sub factor.
I want role players with solid JS in this area to build cash. It may take a bit longer to fully fledge, but seems more bombproof.
ATM, this gives me 12 'keepers', with 5 of those being the full SP mids. you refer to.
Yeah, that definitely seems a viable strategy. It may be hard to stick to your guns when the round 1 teams come out and there are plenty of cheaper rookies available, but if you can avoid the rookie 'traps' then you will potentially have a leg up on the competition.

Interesting that many of your 'keepers' didnt survive. I assume injuries played a significant part in that? I suppose, in a more general sense, with more trades and trade boosts available, teams are more malleable than they used to be.

Yeah, that definitely seems a viable strategy. It may be hard to stick to your guns when the round 1 teams come out and there are plenty of cheaper rookies available, but if you can avoid the rookie 'traps' then you will potentially have a leg up on the competition.

Interesting that many of your 'keepers' didnt survive. I assume injuries played a significant part in that? I suppose, in a more general sense, with more trades and trade boosts available, teams are more malleable than they used to be.
Last year was a horror show of 2nd guessing myself and forever playing catch-up. Injuries and idiocy combined into the perfect storm: I had Gawn, traded him out, traded him back in and then traded him back out again.
We live and we learn.
Ben Long, Bowes, Hopper all could become must-haves after the PS round and that also changes the dimensions again entirely.

I'm not as big on Cameron as some. Don't see him as a must have, will wait for Gawn to get dpp in round to provide cover.

I had Cameron last year and he finished the H&A like a busted arse. Sure he'll probably beat his start price, but not by enough to start him imo.

I'm going light up forward, only Dunkley is a lock, everything else is negotiable.
If Collingwood go with the one ruck and play Cameron without Cox I can actually see it as detrimental to Cameron's scoring. Cameron won't kick near the 20 goals he did in 2022 if he's the sole ruck and McStay (a full forward) is the chop out. Furthermore if Cox isn't there to share the ruck duties, will Cameron be able to peel off and take intercept marks unopposed like he often did in 2022? Cameron's not a particularly gifted ruck - if he is rucking solo, I can see him doing a lot more running with the superior opposing ruck and trying to negate them.

If Collingwood go with the one ruck and play Cameron without Cox I can actually see it as detrimental to Cameron's scoring. Cameron won't kick near the 20 goals he did in 2022 if he's the sole ruck and McStay (a full forward) is the chop out. Furthermore if Cox isn't there to share the ruck duties, will Cameron be able to peel off and take intercept marks unopposed like he often did in 2022? Cameron's not a particularly gifted ruck - if he is rucking solo, I can see him doing a lot more running with the superior opposing ruck and trying to negate them.
steve buscemi people to kill GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy cheap as hes ever been .
Who knows what happens there..
You know what, I have bagged BG since the first day I joined you ornery rat-baggery of lovable lunatics, but if he looks sharp and the role is there in the PS round, 512K will draw me in, I just know it.

You know what, I have bagged BG since the first day I joined you ornery rat-baggery of lovable lunatics, but if he looks sharp and the role is there in the PS round, 512K will draw me in, I just know it.

He's dirt cheap only needs to avg in about 100 SC to be worth it ...

Imo .

Woof.

Was a saying in a movie.

My wife Sally has decided to enter the fray this year; she likes the MPM strategy and wants to play with it.
You'll see her in the regular leader's boards thru the year as SalBel.
View attachment 1577086

Mrs rock goes ok at SC won the cash league more than me .

I swear she gets kissed on the muff.

Opp play gets inj etc in finals ..etc.

Where I get Haynes 34 SC vs them Kelly fooking Kelly gets an 170 some Bull shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back