Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope you plan on improving sunshine; My 1731 last season was merely a jump-off point for greater glory.

Boy did I learn an incredible amount last season, not the least from you, good sir.
Although I have cherry picked expertise from about 12 campaigners in this wonderful alliance, you were the one who taught me how to look at ALL the angles, coolness included.

Your reward for this is to endure my relentless Carlton barrage.

For those new to the workplace, this very forum provided the 2022 SC winner; raymagoo .
He did his best work by paying absolutely no attention to any of us whatsoever, except in the crucial, winning move of dropping Hewett for Bailey Dale at exactly the right moment.
I take full credit for that, in the same vein that Scott Morrison saved Australia from the Pandemic.
The balancing yang to that yin is that this very forum also provided VeinGlorious , who is simply, meme-genius aside, an utter blight on society at large, a cigar munching, cognac sniffing, Grange with Lobster reprobate and likely also a vexatious litigant.

For those new to the workplace, this very forum provided the 2022 SC winner; raymagoo .
He did his best work by paying absolutely no attention to any of us whatsoever, except in the crucial, winning move of dropping Hewett for Bailey Dale at exactly the right moment.
I take full credit for that, in the same vein that Scott Morrison saved Australia from the Pandemic.
The balancing yang to that yin is that this very forum also provided VeinGlorious , who is simply, meme-genius aside, an utter blight on society at large, a cigar munching, cocaine sniffing, Grange with Lobster reprobate and likely also a vexatious litigant.
ftfy

I hope you plan on improving sunshine; My 1731 last season was merely a jump-off point for greater glory.

Boy did I learn an incredible amount last season, not the least from you, good sir.
Although I have cherry picked expertise from about 12 campaigners in this wonderful alliance, you were the one who taught me how to look at ALL the angles, coolness included.

Your reward for this is to endure my relentless Carlton barrage.
My plans, as is my team are already set in stone, improvement is guaranteed.

You have just reinforced step 1, "get serious"

Step 2 is look at getting a sub for my airy fairy weeks, your name if it was on the list has just been removed with extreme prejudice.

Learnt a thing or two from you 2 and going to put it to good use.

I normally don't come here till rnd3, and what I feared is already coming to fruition, my head is overloaded with The good, the bad and the downright ugly (Whitfield, Wayne ???).

Need to work on a filter or reappear rnd 3 so I can put you in your place,( at least 1 spot below come rnd 23)

Step 2 is look at getting a sub for my airy fairy weeks, your name if it was on the list has just been removed with extreme prejudice.

I normally don't come here till rnd3, and what I feared is already coming to fruition, my head is overloaded with The good, the bad and the downright ugly (Whitfield, Wayne ???).

Need to work on a filter or reappear rnd 3 so I can put you in your place,( at least 1 spot below come rnd 23)
Col, old boy, insofar as player v player, your judgement is second to none and likely will remain so.
It is the laughs and the strategic theorem that I come here for. There are many wonderful ideas and some really bad judges of players.

Hawks are tanking Sicily will get frustrated and likely snot someone. (guessing I had to leave one 600k defender out and he is it)
Roma is due for a good season. Im not welded onto the pick just yet he may become nicnat.
Laird is the closest thing we have to a perma captain. first picked.
Redman should go premo i reckon this year he had great patches of form last year and im prepared to take the risk at d5.
I also made this team in 35 seconds to get on the first page of this thread.

Sicily will be captain. He's more mature now.
We'll also win more games than people realise.

'Learnt a thing or two from you 2 and going to put it to good use.' from YOU, you curmudgeonly, begrudging supporter of an evil football club, just may be the highest compliment I have ever been paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theme:
No player over $599k

Positive Result:
Only 3 rookies on field

Negative Result:
Minimal number of Keepers

Question:
With so many more trades these days is it more important to start with Keepers or minimise the Rookies on field who are gifting you :poo: scores

1671701793431.png

Theme:
No player over $599k

Positive Result:
Only 3 rookies on field

Negative Result:

Question:
With so many more trades these days is it more important to start with Keepers or minimise the Rookies on field who are gifting you :poo: scores

View attachment 1577175
Good to see the mad roofer getting a guernsey, always rated him.

Good to see the mad roofer getting a guernsey, always rated him.

Edit: ok, I get it. It's been a long day/week/year....

I'm hoping you can help me out with your reference. I have no idea
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Last edited:
Theme:
No player over $599k

Positive Result:
Only 3 rookies on field

Negative Result:

Question:

View attachment 1577175
Excellent question, thankyou for the reminder, I had no rookies in defence last season (J Howe d5/6) compared to most teams 2/3, got me a jump ahead of the pack early on. Didn't like the rookie choices so didn't pick em. Tried to have as few as possible on field, and during the year downgraded to money earners not rookies.

**** the rookies

Theme:
No player over $599k

Positive Result:
Only 3 rookies on field

Negative Result:

Question:

View attachment 1577175
i did something similar and had 14 keepers and 4 midpricers..

issue is baz was my most expensive player @ 542k

the Excellent question, thankyou for the reminder, I had no rookies in defence last season (J Howe d5/6) compared to most teams 2/3, got me a jump ahead of the pack early on. Didn't like the rookie choices so didn't pick em. Tried to have as few as possible on field, and during the year downgraded to money earners not rookies.

* the rookies
Not selecting anyone over $600k takes one of my biggest weaknesses away....holding the super-premo long after the more cunning SC players have jumped off. Me expecting/hoping for the turn of form that never comes.
My other issue of recent seasons is not jumping on the "hot" early season players, thinking their spike in scoring is just a flash in the pan. Must fix that

Not selecting anyone over $600k takes one of my biggest weaknesses away....holding the super-premo long after the more cunning SC players have jumped off. Me expecting/hoping for the turn of form that never comes.
My other issue of recent seasons is not jumping on the "hot" early season players, thinking their spike in scoring is just a flash in the pan. Must fix that
Can relate to not jumping on hot players last couple of years. Been a killer.

Yep, Milera was my d6, swapped him to Sicily before rnd 2, that worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back