Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Kenties

back for another year of frustrating fun :p

some good looking teams being posted.

kananooks going hard at it
doggy style dog hump GIF by Cartuna

I couldn't help myself .....changing team constructs is addictive

Now .....no on-field rookies .....unless you count players under 10 games, in which case I have 2 on-field rookies (Sheldrick & "The Unknown Rookie" )

Cameron has become Butters 🤔 .....and Coffield is my D6 🎉

I couldn't help myself .....changing team constructs is addictive

Now .....no on-field rookies .....unless you count players under 10 games, in which case I have 2 on-field rookies (Sheldrick & "The Unknown Rookie" )

Cameron has become Butters 🤔 .....and Coffield is my D6 🎉

It is indeed addictive! Sounds like you are coming around to a mid-priced madness strategy. Join the (elite and illustrious) club :D

It is indeed addictive! Sounds like you are coming around to a mid-priced madness strategy. Join the (elite and illustrious) club :D
Not by design ....but honestly struggling for viable rookies currently, on all lines ....there's going to have to be a few left field rookies coming thru

Still undecided on Fyfe ....boom or bust player this year

Not by design ....but honestly struggling for viable rookies currently, on all lines ....there's going to have to be a few left field rookies coming thru

Still undecided on Fyfe ....boom or bust player this year
Liam Jones 228K - will play
T Cole 182K, absolutely 3rd D now fit again, will play
C McKenna 167K - not sure yet
D Wilmot 123K - either him or McKenna plays, maybe both, you'd think - they want more speed.
J Goater 192K - my Nth mate who is already watching them train reckons he is a lock and will be a star
W Phillips 158K everyone knows he will play
O Allen 210K - rock solid JS, no JK, might get F ruck chop out duties.
B King 176K - did kick 47 and ave 69.9 in 21.
C Burgess 138K - low scores, great JS, they have hardly any fit big defenders
E Rautogolea 173K - Geelong fought to keep him and seem to have assured him of more minutes this year.
O Baker 123K Bevo. brought him over to play Hunter's wing - McComb not good enough and Garcia keeps getting hurt
C Blakely 123K - similarly brought in by Dew as a role player - could be a surprise best 22 starter
G Comben 123K great JS - CHF seems earmarked - won't be a high scorer but could have the odd big week
C Chesser 123K Was in all of our teams last year at 148K b4 getting hurt

Hope that is some food for thought.

Last edited:
Well I haven't played around with my team for a week and now have come up with this. 11 Premo's and 9 Midpricers so only 2 rookies on the ground gone with big guns in the Midfield. I doubt I would start with a team like this but who knows if good Rookies are light then it could be an option. Also there is a lot of talk about Shannon Neale playing on the Cats board.
Interested in everyone's thoughts.

9.JPG
10.JPG

Last edited:
Well I haven't played around with my team for a week and now have come up with this. 11 Premo's and 9 Midpricers so only 2 rookies on the ground gone with big guns in the Midfield. I doubt I would start with a team like this but who knows if good Rookies are light then it could be an option. Also there is a lot of talk about Shannon Neale playing on the Cats board.
Interested in everyone's thoughts.

View attachment 1577457
View attachment 1577458

have only just started penciling in a team - my current version is very similar in structure

I also have Hopper at M7 but have Yeo D2 and McLean F6 - the balance between forwards and defenders will depend on which which mid pricers make it to the starting line.

Just my thoughts on scoring capability / JS Dazjack

Liam Jones :crossmark: KPP, never been a scorer
T Cole :whitecheck: ....mid 50 ave for $180K ?
C McKenna :crossmark: ...has only played 6 games in the last 3 years, as a non native
D Wilmot :whitecheck: ....60 / 70 in last years Finals .....gets nod over Cole
J Goater :whitecheck: .....but expensive for a 1 game player
W Phillips :whitecheck:
O Allen :crossmark: KPP, bottom side, likely to start slow ....which version do we get, 2020 or 2021
B King :crossmark: KPP, low 50 ave for $170+K
C Burgess :crossmark:
E Rautogolea :crossmark: KPP
O Baker ??
C Blakely :whitecheck: .....surely, he hasn't come from WAFL to sit in the reserves ...could be a 70+ ave
G Comben :crossmark: KPP, hasn't surpassed 30 ave in a game YET .....in a bottom side, KPF's are going to struggle IMO
C Chesser :whitecheck:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C McKenna :crossmark: ...has only played 6 games in the last 3 years, as a non native
O Allen :crossmark: KPP, bottom side, likely to start slow ....which version do we get, 2020 or 2021
O Baker ??
C Blakely :whitecheck: .....surely, he hasn't come from WAFL to sit in the reserves ...could be a 70+ ave
G Comben :crossmark: KPP, hasn't surpassed 30 ave in a game YET .....in a bottom side, KPF's are going to struggle IMO
6 ticks out of 14 - many valid knocks for sure. 6 ain't a bad place to reach consensus on at this time and not a bad place to start with rookie numbers wise.

O Baker ??
He absolutely has done that. Was moving to the GC to play for the Southport Sharks and start up his lawn mowing company before the Suns took him. He may well play AFL at some point this year, but has been signed to play VFL.

My two cents - Comben is worth it due to JS. Sheezel might be too. You've missed Ashcroft off the list too.

I don't have the picker yet, but others to think about - Warner and Johnson (Freo), Sharp (Bris), Sinn (Port), Dean (Pies)

What's Amiss priced at? With Lobb going he must have pretty good JS.

Say it with me "There is ALWAYS enough rookies" ;)

I'll pass on Cole but Allen I'll likely back in without JK.

Should be the main forward target now. Could kick 40+ and I wouldn't be surprised. Nor would I if he's injured himself by round 5.

Hasn't missed a beat, due to step up with increased responsibility. Although he's got quite an injury prone history to be fair, which is a concern.

Not a player I'd be keeping long term, like any KPP. Make some coin and punt asap.

He absolutely has done that. Was moving to the GC to play for the Southport Sharks and start up his lawn mowing company before the Suns took him. He may well play AFL at some point this year, but has been signed to play VFL.

My two cents - Comben is worth it due to JS. Sheezel might be too. You've missed Ashcroft off the list too.

I don't have the picker yet, but others to think about - Warner and Johnson (Freo), Sharp (Bris), Sinn (Port), Dean (Pies)

Nice idea on Denis; he is only 175K.
Edit: sorry, not so; 247K, not gone amiss at all in SC pricing.

O Baker ??

Hey Wayne what are your thoughts on Michalanney?
I have read a couple of different articles saying he is best 22 and almost certain R1 starter seems to be in the Gibcus mould.

Last edited:
if ashcroft at 200k is a rookie then im throwing coffield in the same basket. and will stretch it to allen.

my rucks feel like they could score 300+ between them. no uncertainties there.

laird perma captain with 2 genuine vc options. 13 premos. i dont mind it.

v1.2.2

guns and rookies +hopper
Screenshot_20221223_160054_Chrome.jpg

I did not know this about Blakely .......oh well

drawing-board-back-to-the-drawing-board.gif

But in good news ....Sinn was one of my first bench players picked

I'm just not going to pick Rookie KPP ....that can only end in tears ....Hi Mr Treacy

Hey Wayne what are your thoughts on Michalanney?
I have read a couple of different articles saying he is best 22 and almost certain R1 starter seems to be in the Gibcus mould.
Love him as a player, high footy IQ ....tall & quick, more a defensive shut down at this stage of his career ....would think 2nd half of the season, to debut .... and likely first couple of years to be a low possession player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back