Preview 2023 Rd 11 Carlton vs Sydney Friday May 26 7:50PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in:-

IN:
Tom De Koning, Brodie Kemp
OUT: Ed Curnow, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young

After starting last weekend as sub, George Hewett has been elevated to the starting 22.

Backs:Sam DochertyJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Matthew KennedyHarry McKayTom De Koning
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowLachie FogartyJack Silvagni
Lewis Young

Last edited:
I also hope we give Dow a game. Not because he is the answer - he isn’t up to AFL level and has shown it time and again.

But hopefully it’ll stop his naming being mentioned each week as if it would do anything.
Well hopefully the guy he replaces decides to pull his finger out and smash down the door to get another game at AFL level ...

Better than continually giving them games on the back of poor performances at AFL level

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

As an opposition supporter, I’ll give you a pass for not noticing how bad we’ve been this year.

I watch the occasional Carlton game to see how Hewett is going so i wouldnt know where its gone wrong.

But genuinely surprised you are on 4 wins I really date your list and on paper you should be entrenched in the top 4.

I watch the occasional Carlton game to see how Hewett is going so i wouldnt know where its gone wrong.

But genuinely surprised you are on 4 wins I really date your list and on paper you should be entrenched in the top 4.

We are aw-ful. Hopefully the close win to Norf hasn’t been the wake-up call you need

Have given up on Hewett for the year. The 6m per possesion and slow as treacle running we get out of him isn’t worth it. We have found out why Sydney didn’t care about losing him.

OUT Silvagni, Ed Curnow
IN TDK, Dow

Cottrell sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs: Gov, Jsos, Ed, Hollands, Durdin
Ins: Kemp, TDK, Dow, Binns, Cincotta

Cincotta sub. Binns on Holland's wing as a rest for Holland's. Kemp in because he's not soft as butter and better in every way than gov or JSos. Play him either end I don't care. TDK in and make sure pitto isn't ****ing useless when he's resting ruckman.

Dow is just such a ****ing obvious in for Ed atm. Let Cripps rest forward more. Or just ****ing drop/rest Cripps because he's either injured or historically out of form.

In: TDK, Dow, Kemp
Out: Hollands, E. Curnow, and Silvagni

McGovern Weitering Newman
Saad Young Docherty
Acres Cripps Cottrell
Walsh McKay Kennedy
Owies Curnow Motlop
Pitto Cerra Dow

IC: Hewett, Durdin, TDK and Boyd

Sub: Kemp

Outs: Gov, Jsos, Ed, Hollands, Durdin
Ins: Kemp, TDK, Dow, Binns, Cincotta

Cincotta sub. Binns on Holland's wing as a rest for Holland's. Kemp in because he's not soft as butter and better in every way than gov or JSos. Play him either end I don't care. TDK in and make sure pitto isn't ******* useless when he's resting ruckman.

Dow is just such a ******* obvious in for Ed atm. Let Cripps rest forward more. Or just ******* drop/rest Cripps because he's either injured or historically out of form.
Why drop a half forward for a midfielder? Curnow our only half forward who can actually find the footy. 21 touches and 7 score involvements is far better output than we got from JSOS, Durdin, Owies or Motlop.

I have given it more thought. A statement needs to be made. Watch the first two minutes of the game again. You’ll see Saad three times not give a **** about his man (Hill). Not at all. The third time it cost us a goal. Unless he is instructed to not care. In which case the coach should be sacked. He should only play loose when someone else has picked up his man. Not just loose for the sake of it.

First two mins. Remarkable. And after in my view he cost us the game last week I can’t believe he turned up with that mindset. I really can’t. Did he do a game review last week????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back