Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what response will that be? Pretty sure they have talked it up for the last 6 weeks that there would be a response after a loss.

First we were playing for top 2 spot (no response), top 4 spot (no response) and now just to make finals (no response). Only thing Carlton have been consistent at is No pressure, can’t tackle to save themselves, no offensive structure, no defensive structure have players get injured in the first quarter and getting smashed in the midfield.

Just embarrassing what has happened to this club in the last 6 weeks.

Can’t argue with that. Two games left. What will happen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Play the kids — all of them.

Anyone who thinks this list is contending does not know football.
It's finals capable, it just needs a tiny bit of luck with returning players and a serious re-think of the midfield setup.

It can absolutely improve more, but it has the right bones. October will roll around regardless and it can be re-fitted then.

It's finals capable, it just needs a tiny bit of luck with returning players and a serious re-think of the midfield setup.

It can absolutely improve more, but it has the right bones. October will roll around regardless and it can be re-fitted then.
When you learn nothing week after week after week, why would you think it will improve? We have that many areas that need fixing, but we better only try and fix one thing at a time. Coaching staff and.players are simpletons. They will confuse themselves with trying to fix too much

When you learn nothing week after week after week, why would you think it will improve? We have that many areas that need fixing, but we better only try and fix one thing at a time. Coaching staff and.players are simpletons. They will confuse themselves with trying to fix too much
I mean I just covered the changes I think we should make for this week on the first page, and that I hope gel with the development that's been underway in the VFL.

I'm going to assume someone like Saad has hamstring awareness rather than an outright strain, and so after West Coast we'll have another 3 or 4 players back in the selection mix.

Beat St Kilda and we'll have TDK and O'Keeffe in contention for finals if we need to deal with Charlie being out for the season.

The structural issues concern me far more than the personnel, so long as the coaches wake up to themselves and start earning their pay.

Lord, Binns, Lemmey, Wilson. Give them a go. Let’s see what we have in our stocks. Heck, even give Moir consideration.

The season is properly cooked and we need to look at what we have under our nose and be FORCED to change things up for the good of the future.

I’d rather be bemoaning a loss from a game where we tried a few new players and few new positional changes, than a loss playing the same players, the same structure etc

Injuries are the issue now. Most look long term and if any are back for finals they won’t be near their best

Given our coaching so far do you really think Voss will rethink our midfield? I wish he would but I can’t see it happening

Lord, Binns, Lemmey, Wilson. Give them a go. Let’s see what we have in our stocks. Heck, even give Moir consideration.

The season is properly cooked and we need to look at what we have under our nose and be FORCED to change things up for the good of the future.

I’d rather be bemoaning a loss from a game where we tried a few new players and few new positional changes, than a loss playing the same players, the same structure etc

Who knows playing kids might envigorate them.

Injuries are the issue now. Most look long term and if any are back for finals they won’t be near their best

Given our coaching so far do you really think Voss will rethink our midfield? I wish he would but I can’t see it happening
He was happy to do it midway through last year when he thought it was desperate times. He's just been delusional this year after throwing a tantrum roughly about round 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My changes:

Out: Curnow (inj), Fogarty (inj), Saad (inj), Martin (inj), Boyd (inj), Pittonet (omit), Owies (omit)

In: Lemmey, Mirkov, Wilson, Lord, Moir, Fantasia, Binns

Voss' changes:

Out: Curnow, Fogarty, Saad, Martin

In: J Carroll, C Durdin, Young, Binns

My team:

Cowan Weitering Kemp
Wilson McGovern Cincotta
O Hollands Cripps Acres
E Hollands McKay Moir
Motlop Lemming Kennedy
Mirkov Lord Walsh

Newman Hewett Binns Fantasia

Sub: Williams

Surely you could find a way to drop Kemp along with Cowan?
We know vossy will!!

Its surprising how quickly people give up. Its like we shouldnt even show up for the last 2 weeks. Supporters are upset I get it but the season just isn't over yet. They are not going to drop half a side with finals still very achievable to play the kids. We will have a minimum 4 changes anyway so some will get a shot.

There is also no chance anyone at the club would think this season is over and neither do I. Anyone under the age of 40 has barely had a sniff of September following this club and if it means falling in at the death I'll take it.

We'll win this.

In- Young, Lord, Binns, C.Durdin, Wilson

Out- Saad(Inj), Curnow(Inj), Martin(Inj), Fogarty(Inj), Boyd(Inj)

B- Kemp Weitering Cincotta
HB- Cowan Young Newman
C- Acres Cripps O.Hollands
HF- Williams McGovern Kennedy
F- Owies McKay Motlop
FOLL- Pittonet E.Hollands Walsh
I/C- Hewett, Lord, Binns, C.Durdin
Sub- Wilson

Its surprising how quickly people give up. Its like we shouldnt even show up for the last 2 weeks. Supporters are upset I get it but the season just isn't over yet. They are not going to drop half a side with finals still very achievable to play the kids. We will have a minimum 4 changes anyway so some will get a shot.

There is also no chance anyone at the club would think this season is over and neither do I. Anyone under the age of 40 has barely had a sniff of September following this club and if it means falling in at the death I'll take it.

We'll win this.

I’ve heard ‘we will win this ‘ over the past 6 weeks.We are so out of form and banged up with injuries that it’s got to tipping point.

No team can have that many injuries to key players and expect a positive outcome especially with how close the comp is.

No team.

Outs: Curnow, Saad, Fog, Martin and Boyd.

Ins: Young, Moir, Lord, Binns, Carroll (Sub).

I’d throw Kemp Forward and have Young play the second ruck role meaning Harry can play forward all game and I’d also play Lord on ball and rotate Crippa and Kennedy as the third tall. With Kennedy owning a 60/40 split of this role. So our talls would be Harry, Kemp and Kennedy/ Crippa and we would have Moir, E Hollands, Williams, Motlop and Owies at their feet and maybe even hitting up on the lead (god forbid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back