Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Harry also a likely out, I've had to change my mind about the ruck. It's a bridge too far to have Mirkov rucking without Harry as a backup.

Out: Martin, Boyd, Fogarty, Curnow, McKay, Williams, Saad (still can't believe we had at least 7 injuries from one game - that's crazy)

In: Young/Lemmey, Wilson, J Carroll, Binns, Marchbank, Lord, Moir

B: Cowan Weitering Marchbank
HB: Newman Kemp Cincotta
C: O Hollands Cripps Acres
HF: E Hollands McGovern Moir
F: Motlop Young/Lemmey Owies
Foll: Pittonet Kennedy Walsh

Int: Wilson Hewett Lord J Carroll
Sub: Binns

I'm in a quandry about the second ruck. I'd prefer Lemmey up forward over Young, but not so much as a second ruck. Kennedy can potentially play the Grigg role again, as we have 3 extractors on the bench and play forward as well. I hope we don't choose to go small down back as JGov will kill us.

MGov is the only option to go forward for mine, and since Marchbank was only under concussion protocols, he should be right to go, but I have zero faith in that. If Marchbank doesn't get up, Young definitely comes in but plays back.

Wilson is our 7th defender. Cincotta plays a role down back.

Acres is on call to go back or forward as needed.

Was he injured?

Wasn't he? Maybe I just assumed. LOL

If he's fine, then he stays in for Moir.

I was visiting my Dad from some time in the 3rd quarter. I missed some of the injuries.

Think McGovern was the 7th but he did come back on

Oh, that will be fun.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing some young guys come in, but technically there are enough available to not debut anyone, I think.

If it's 6, then Young, C Durdin, Marchbank, J Carroll, Binns ... okay 1 debutant guaranteed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but we may be giving a few players farewell games in the next two weeks. ;)

We don't want you anymore but here's a farewell game in front of youngsters we intend to keep. That's not really working for me.

Desperate times......

Def: Weiters, McGov, Young, Williams, Cincotta, Newman, Cowan

Mids: Mirk, Crippa, Walsh, Chugga, O Hollands, Our Lord, Binns, Blacres

Fwds: Lemmey, Kemp, E Hollands, Moir, Owies, Motlop, George, J Carroll

Ipso Facto: In- Young, Mirkov, Lord, Binns, Moir, Carroll, Lemmey
Out- Charles, H , Saad, Martin, Fogarty, Boyd (all inj), Pittonett (omitted)

Seven changes, six forced!! Charlie simply must not play even if he's tested and passed fit, have to throw the dice here.....

He is a bit mercurial, could see him playing up forward and scoring very unconventionally.

Probably a soccer goal from the boundary, 35 metres out.
He was a forward over in Ireland and a smaller forward line will change the gameplan a bit, I'm looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back