Autopsy 2023 Rd 24 Giants end Blues winning streak

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When you have to win, you put everything on the line. When you gain nothing by winning aside from keeping a streak going, you hold back a little to make sure you are there for the finals. It's common sense. Why go into the finals more bashed up than you need to be?
100% u could see our tackles were a little soft not wanting to get rubbed out.

Well done Giants, much better than us, wanted it more. Happy to stomp on the Bulldogs' fingers. Didn't mind the prospect of a drive-by on the Saints: you want a boutique stadium for a final, how bout Homebush? Ah well. Never mind.

Briggs is a much better ruckman than I thought, and they got us in the middle. Another twist in the ruck saga. Cerra and Walsh will be better for the run... but we need Cripps back in there. Hewett and Dow were overwhelmed today.

Not much for Carlton to play or risk injuries for after Charlie Coleman medal win, so they just seemed to take the foot off the gas and play conservatively till next week when it matters. Fair enough.

With Cripps and Doc back next week we’ll be full strength and playing an elimination final with consequences.

Toby hasn’t helped him in the post match interview.. poor form by him I reckon

Nah, he saw the footage right after saying that and said 'yeah, that's alright, that's fine ... I was hoping for a free kick, that's fine.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They asked him if there was anything in the Weitering incident and like the campaigner he is said (paraphrasing) “I think he’s in a bit of trouble, didn’t I get done for that before”

Then he said, nah that's alright, that's fine when he saw the footage. People only telling half the story here.

Then he said, nah that's alright, that's fine when he saw the footage. People only telling half the story here.
I took that to mean he was being like "that's fine" as walking back his comments so as not to question the umpiring
I don't know how to explain it
I didn't take it that he was saying the action was fine

When you have to win, you put everything on the line. When you gain nothing by winning aside from keeping a streak going, you hold back a little to make sure you are there for the finals. It's common sense. Why go into the finals more bashed up than you need to be?
I thought our pressure was still ok/good so intent was there I thought but in terms of skill/polish ball movement etc we looked a little like we did before winning streak

I took that to mean he was being like "that's fine" as walking back his comments so as not to question the umpiring
I don't know how to explain it
I didn't take it that he was saying the action was fine

He says it right as the crucial moment was being shown. I saw it as ticking it off as Weitering being fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 24 Giants end Blues winning streak

Back