Preview 2023 Rd 3 Carlton vs GWS Saturday April 1 4:35PM (ADST) @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous George is back :thumbsu:

IN: George Hewett

OUT: Matthew Kennedy (calf), Lochie O’Brien

Kennedy developed soreness in his calf during the week. He will not make the trip to Sydney and at this stage is a chance to return next week.

Backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungAdam Saad
Centreline:Ed CurnowPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Lachie CowanOllie HollandsJesse Motlop
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Paddy DowJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

I quite liked his game but I wonder if Cowan out for Hewitt happens with Doch to go back to a set half back role. I know its harsh but someone is going to be stiff but its the sign of a good side. Otherwise think its Ed but hearding Voss' comments in the press conference and Eds game I just think he is considered best 22. Forget about it once Walsh comes back, no idea how they will go, but a good problem to have

Que? He really doesn't.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do we have 2 Boyd's on the list? The one that I know of (Jordan) was progressing very nicely prior to injury. Fairly quick and a good ball user. Great pick up for a 2nd round mid season draft pick. Really just needs to be seen if his body could hold up.

Maybe we added Tom to the list on the quiet? Was told many times on here that he supported Carlton growing up.

I quite liked his game but I wonder if Cowan out for Hewitt happens with Doch to go back to a set half back role. I know its harsh but someone is going to be stiff but its the sign of a good side. Otherwise think its Ed but hearding Voss' comments in the press conference and Eds game I just think he is considered best 22. Forget about it once Walsh comes back, no idea how they will go, but a good problem to have

Cowan could be managed this week, but we would still need a 7th defender for rotations even with Doc remaining a backman. Cincotta would be the likely replacement for Cowan

Hewett could be part of backline rotations, but prefer him onball, so the likely out for him would be a forward

Cowan could be managed this week, but we would still need a 7th defender for rotations even with Doc remaining a backman. Cincotta would be the likely replacement for Cowan

Hewett could be part of backline rotations, but prefer him onball, so the likely out for him would be a forward
See what you're saying and if so im at a total loss. Structurally I think SOS is too important (maybe less so if they give Pittonet more TOG and play DeKoning more forward) and I really like Durdin and Motlop. I sense that as time goes Owies may well find himself on the outer but as others have said, its not going to happen this week after kicking 3

My bet it would be one of the small forwards...Durdin is close to a lock so whoever is in the worst form out of Owies, Fish and Motlop.

Honestly don't think our team loses anything if Ed replaced Fish at half forward. Might even be an improvement since he has better endurance, strength and is another rotation for the midfield.

Hopefully gets dropped right on our laps - I was keen on him in his draft year after I saw him playing for Werribee, and would still love to get him now.

Out of contract the end of the year and wouldn't cost a lot.....but can see him up forward as that mobile 3rd marking option - the type of role we initially brought Gov in for. If Himmelberg stays, and Cadman gets promoted ahead of him alongside Hogan, you could see him seeking new pastures next year.

He really shouldn't pick us even if we are keen.

I dont think he's even best 22 with us.

He'd be competing with JSOS for a spot and we could simply drop that position and run with Pitto, TDK, Charlie and Mckay only.

Would be better off joining a team like North or Hawks who need key forwards for career stability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kemp, Dow and Plow are the only possible inclusions based on form in the 2's.
So who are the possible outs??? Fisher and Silvagni have poor form atm, OBrien shouldn't be sub every week.
Cowan might need to be managed, if so, it's Plow for Cow!
I’d promote Dow to the sub role or even Plowman. Although O’Brien has been playing a full vfl game as well this week.

If hewitt in wouldn't surprise me to see fish sub .. he can replace a small fwd a mid or a tall for more speed - and we can always reshuffle magnets if we replace a back with hewitt cerra acres in side --
Also send a little selection reminder without totally putting him off side --
I think he is one of our best users inside 50 and is long term staple but he been going through the motions a little last couple week ( mind you I only watching the television )

If hewitt in wouldn't surprise me to see fish sub .. he can replace a small fwd a mid or a tall for more speed - and we can always reshuffle magnets if we replace a back with hewitt cerra acres in side --
I think he is one of our best users inside 50 and is long term staple but he been going through the motions a little last couple week ( mind you I only watching the television )

Attachments

• gettyimages-51499762-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-51499762-612x612.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 125
He spent a bit of time out wide, unmanned on the fat side wing, which you may have missed on the TV.

Cats and Tigers defended well through the middle of the ground, and we didn't switch very often, so there weren't many opportunities for him.

You can see an example in the highlights when he drifted down, took the kick from TDK, and waltzed in kicking the goal. Look for him before Kennedy kicks it to TDK and you will see what I mean. In this instance, his positioning worked. But quite often I noticed him jogging along by himself out wide, ignored by his team mates. Admittedly, he was often 2 kicks away, so to get the ball to him, a risk had to be taken through the middle of the ground.

If he continues in that role, he could come into the game a lot more against a less disciplined team.

Then again, he could be unfit or have poor game sense (in that position). But I feel like he could bob up and surprise a few this week in Western Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back