Preview 2023 Rd 9 Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Saturday May 13 7:30PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Cottrell, Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Owies
OUT: Ed Curnow (Omitted), Josh Honey (Omitted), Brodie Kemp (Omitted)

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Matt KennedyMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowJordan BoydLachie Fogarty
Brodie Kemp

Dropping Kemp is baffling, he’s been good imo and should be getting games into him.

It's not baffling.

While I believe the elder statesmen should have directed him better, the fact is he was unaccountable for his opponents and a liability out there.

These are good changes. Ed finally dropped and so was Honey. In comes Cottrell and Owies... two blokes that will have a red hot go. Kennedy in too as he should be... but he BETTER NOT BE shoved into the back line again...

If you look at the video put up by the Saba Show that went through the 9 goals kicked by Brisbane’s small forwards, you can see why Kemp was dropped. He went up several times but didn’t come close to affecting the contest to our detriment.

To be fair he wasn’t alone, but there was no way they were dropping Newman, Young or Weitering who also had shockers.

Like that Owies and Cotts are in. Cotts provides more versatility than Ed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah, Acres does his best work on the wing.
I reckon he’s better suited playing forward but he matches up better than anyone on our list if we wanted to try a run with role on the bont. Let crippa go head to head with him at clearances and acres can follow after that. We can rotate Walsh from half forward onto the wing.

I Like the changes ..I feel Voss is a few weeks behind .. curnow and honey should have been dropped 2 weeks ago. I also put kemp in the Dow camp .. the MC doesn’t rate him but played him with many injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc 100% returning to backline.

Cottrell can play high half forward or wing as needed.

Suspect Ed will get sub role.

I rate Kemp very highly.

Would play him over JSOS every week.

Faster, cleaner, better player by a mile.

We're looking suspiciously like a boys club again with untouchable players getting rewarded for zero output.

Don't get me wrong, I am and have been a massive fan of Jack but he is seriously out of form. Needs a spell.

Doc has to go back surely and i reckon Holland’s would be a decent half back .. knows how to punch a ball , hard as nails
And can create drive .. worth a try..
Holland back , walsh on the wing and cottrell half forward

I rate Kemp very highly.

Would play him over JSOS every week.

Faster, cleaner, better player by a mile.

We're looking suspiciously like a boys club again with untouchable players getting rewarded for zero output.

Don't get me wrong, I am and have been a massive fan of Jack but he is seriously out of form. Needs a spell.
I think he had a slow start to this year, but his last 2 games have been better. Really need 2022 Jsos form, he is in a very important role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back