Preview 2023 Rd 9 Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Saturday May 13 7:30PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Cottrell, Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Owies
OUT: Ed Curnow (Omitted), Josh Honey (Omitted), Brodie Kemp (Omitted)

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Matt KennedyMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowJordan BoydLachie Fogarty
Brodie Kemp

Was that so hard?
angry the simpsons GIF

reminds me a bit of the GWS game, up against a team that isn't quite the force it was of recent years but with a few guns running around.
kind of confident, we seem to match up well. taken a few tutt cups in our time.
i'm sure the slow, scared carlton will play a decent part of the game but hopefully enough of the slicker, skilful carlton is in action to get a lead that can't be clawed back. or i'd be happy to catch up when we go all out to try and win from behind in the last.
bit afraid of the game english will play. think soj might have to follow him around.

Those 3 traits should be top of the list along with a good dollop of pace. I'm not sure what we're after from one year to the next.
Austin has done well trying to address the deficiencies in our list, managed to select the right types within the draft picks he’s had at his disposal…
You would think that he’s all over the exact types of players and attributes the team/list needs and is lacking in…

Austin has done well trying to address the deficiencies in our list, managed to select the right types within the draft picks he’s had at his disposal…
You would think that he’s all over the exact types of players and attributes the team/list needs and is lacking in…
We've traded quite a few picks for Saad and Cerra. Theres obviously been a shift from SOS with the types we are targeting, a couple of diamonds in the rough from the rookie list wouldn't go astray.

We've traded quite a few picks for Saad and Cerra. Theres obviously been a shift from SOS with the types we are targeting, a couple of diamonds in the rough from the rookie list wouldn't go astray.
Yeah unfortunately playing catch-up on the missed SOS picks isn’t ideal, it is already leaving a void of depth that should have had the list in a much stronger position…

Few diamonds in the rough would be fantastic, keen to see Austin with possibly some earlish picks this draft to see what he can bring in…

The only reason Young stays in ahead of Kemp is the extra 10cm in height. He has been very ordinary this year.

One tall had to go, we have been too easy to score against when the ball hits the deck. Cameron and Bailey kicking 4 each, compared to our headless chooks at the other end, was the difference. St. Kilda got 5 goals from small forwards, we got 1 - it is costing us too often.

It’s costed us twice. The two examples you’ve cited. Against Adelaide it was the big boys. And we’ve nullified the small forwards on our wins and one draw.

Having said that, one of the talls had to be dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Carlton need to sharpen up their ball movement and speed on ball. Keep playing the slow stagnant sideways game and teams will continue to flood our forward line and limit our scoring.
I actually believe we need to work out when to go quick and when not too. Last week, we went quick too many times and got ourselves into trouble. The previous weeks - too slow. It’s about balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually believe we need to work out when to go quick and when not too. Last week, we went quick too many times and got ourselves into trouble. The previous weeks - too slow. It’s about balance.
krekt

Would expect that from you mate. Chin up, its a lot better than you think.
Chin is up, just how I see these two.

I don't think they'll be on the list long term. We'll see. I definitely don't rate Cottrell like some on here.

Cottrell admittedly has lasted longer than I thought he would but will always be on the verge of being dropped at best. No real weapons and his ordinary games are bad games (like alot of our fringe players)

Cincotta, early days has been ok, but still think he'd be doing well to still be on the list in 3 years time

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back