Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

And your point being what?
Sheldrick had a better game. Wilmot got the nom for having a bigger body of work.

Sheldrick did all that in a losing team, playing as a inside mid up against one of the most hardened midfields in the comp. And playing just 55% game time.

And you think the Rising Star should be an exclusive award only for the good teams that win do you?

Last edited:
Sheldrick had a better game. Wilmot got the nom for having a bigger body of work.

Sheldrick did all that in a losing team, playing as a inside mid up against one of the most hardened midfields in the comp. And playing just 55% game time.

And you think the Rising Star should be an exclusive award only for the good teams that win do you?
It's just a classic shifting of the goal posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every chance to kick 40 goals this year. Having a great year. Would have him in the top 3.
Sheez 1 Ashcroft 2 Amiss 3 for me.
Obviously my bias says its Sheez in first, but honestly I'd be wrapped if Amiss won it. He is a gun!

No idea what other kids did this weekend, but Wee baby Seamus needs a nom for his body of work as a small defender.
Had another 24 disposals yesterday and plays like he's got 50 games under his belt already.

You really need to factor in the quality of opposition. Those stats will be an anomaly.

Well there was no over stand out candidate this weekend aside from the consistent Seamus Mitchell, who was always going go struggle to get nominated after Hawthorn's pathetic second half capitulation to The Suns (not his fault btw)

So this was the obvious/right call, and tbh I am sure another nomination this was against the Eagles (forgot who it was)

Strapping Young Lad I am confident Seamus will get the nomination against us, you are right he is overdue with body of work, i have looked up his stats, he definitely has flown under the radar somewhat.

Well there was no over stand out candidate this weekend aside from the consistent Seamus Mitchell, who was always going go struggle to get nominated after Hawthorn's pathetic second half capitulation to The Suns (not his fault btw)

So this was the obvious/right call, and tbh I am sure another nomination this was against the Eagles (forgot who it was)

Strapping Young Lad I am confident Seamus will get the nomination against us, you are right he is overdue with body of work, i have looked up his stats, he definitely has flown under the radar somewhat.
Seamus is a gun, plays alot like Saad for you.

Even the dinky kicks over the top look similar at times, but what is most impressive is he'll be at 100% (not many can catch him) even Charlie Cameron couldn't, and he'll still be able to hit targets at full speed. It's a real skill not many have.

You don't find blokes who can defend and attack at a high level often with such high-end talent.

Sheldrick very much deserving this week, he's a very good youngster. Among many at Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back