Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan to Ford for sure.

Any other changes will depend on teams.
Yeah looking at Ryan to Ford and Ratugolea (if his hammy is bad) to Briggs.

Will consider an upgrade too with the rest of my Oliver money - Wilmot to someone - but might wait until R13

It sucks that Gawn didn't get DPP. That would have been perfect.

Briggs can still work for me I reckon.

My ruck division is Roma and Gawn, so Briggs at R3 means three different byes. He'll go to waste in Round 13 but he's another scoring player in Rounds 12 and 14 when I really need it.

And he might have made his cash and allow me to make some really tasty trades in Round 15.

So this week I'm thinking Ratkins (assuming the Kent is dropped) > Sheezel to def > Madden to fwd > Briggs and Roberts > Ford

My ruck division is Roma and Gawn, so Briggs at R3 means three different byes. He'll go to waste in Round 13 but he's another scoring player in Rounds 12 and 14 when I really need it.

And he might have made his cash and allow me to make some really tasty trades in Round 15.

So this week I'm thinking Ratkins (assuming the Kent is dropped) > Sheezel to def > Madden to fwd > Briggs and Roberts > Ford
I've been thinking something similar. Was hoping for Gawn DPP to make it work. However for the cash grab, 2 rounds of extra points and potential carnage cover, I think he is still worth bringing in.

The only way I can get one of the new Norf Cows is if Spud Simpson doesn't get a game next week with all the Cats injuries.
BE of 59. Time to go anyway

Yeah but'he has that perfect Bye Cover
Each to their own. I'm coming out of the byes with a finished team no matter what, and he needs to go to make that happen. With that 20 in his rolling average, you're probably not making any more cash from him until after the byes

Even if he plays, he's a prime sub candidate. Get the logic though, just doesn't work from me. He's gone as soon as it opens

Is no DPP confirmed?

Wilmot > Ford
Simpson > Wardlaw

I can Ginbey > 600k premo but I want to wait for one of the R12 premos

Only 19 playing, hopefully Cincotta & Drury (lol) can come back even though their scores will probs drop out anyway

Would of had Briggs over Wardlaw but Gawn didn't get DPP.... means I can't swing him forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, will just do Simpson to Ford I think. If Laird doesn't get rubbed out and Cincotta plays, I'll have 20, so no need to trade in another player who still has their bye to come (though Ridley at $428k is tempting)

Last edited:
We still hot on Wardlaw?
Yeah. I'm surprised his SC score was so low for that performance. Didn't feel like he was doing much less than last week. Seems to have mainly been a differential in the number of tackles he made.

Anyway, he was playing against the best team in the comp in his second game and I think its reasonable to expect scores around 70 against Essendon and GWS over the next two weeks. I'm in.

Is Wardlaw a must-have?
Not if you're already bringing in Ford IMO. Will really damage teams in R15, and Wardlaw probably doesn't make enough in three weeks to cash out now.

I'm grabbing Ford knowing full well he's only sticking around for three games

Thinking at this stage Wilmot to Ford, Ashcroft to Macrae

Shame to trade Ashcroft early, but leaves me 190k in the bank to get another premo in next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back