Preview 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I think buddy retiring might give their team a lift , hard to tell. A danger game, but both sides have a 7 day break. I think unless we kick very inaccurately we should win, especially if Tom Green is close to his best. Swans midfield just isn't playing as well as last year.
Buddy retiring could fire them right up and make them a very dangerous proposition.

Rampe is injured i believe?

Not confirmed yet, but likely is.

Chance of Rain 90% , hopefully it stays away.

Need a decent crowd for this one.
People should be packing the rafters to get a glimpse of our great King Toby! Any other club would be packing stadiums to see the great man!

My guess would be 16k, but hope we get over 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not
emoji817.png
confirmed yet, but likely is.

People should be packing the rafters to get a glimpse of our great King Toby! Any other club would be packing stadiums to see the great man!

It depends how many of their supporters show up, and Transport NSW haven't done us any favours by substituting buses for the rail shuttle from Lidcombe. :mad:

Not confirmed yet, but likely is.

Of the 6 games vs Sydney that have been played at Giants Stadium, our lowest attendance against them was 16,116 which was the last time we played Sydney here in 2019. Our highest crowd against Sydney, which is also the ground record for Giants Stadium, was 21,924 in 2017.

For anyone travelling to the game via Train the Sydney Trains website is advising buses are replacing trains between Lidcombe and Olympic Park on game day. Looks like buses or parking will be the only options (or a nice swim down the Parramatta River 🤣)
How can you tell the NRL runs this town.

Looking good so far for the game on the forecast models, showing it as dry for the game.

Doesn't look to be too much in this weather event at all, aside from some nuisance rain during the day with it tapering off to evening, if it eventuates. Looks like rain may re-appear after the game but only light falls.

The models may chop and change in the upcoming days but they look to be downgrading from yesterday which is reflected in the forecast - e.g. yesterday was showing up to 15 mm for Sydney Olympic Park and now it's downgraded to 5mm. I'll keep an eye out on the models and see how we go but for now it's looking much better than it was.

Hope the forecast downgrade continues and we end up with a dry game. :)

Hoping we get close to or over 20k people! 🤞

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back