Preview 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d just be happy with a win.
With the quality we have we should put on a clinic.
We have been able to hold out much better attacks and rebound to score so we shouldn’t have any trouble.
But
It’s a derby, and ladder and squads never mean much in these.

Massive derby this; reckon you might end up rolling us by a comfortable margin.

I’ve never really bought in to the media-driven “rivalry” between our clubs, would always rather see a fellow NSW footy side having success than one of the big Vic clubs. In any case Mrs Zevon is a Giants supporter so I’ve seen a fair bit of you this year and I’ve loved watching how your side has gone about it.

Best of luck on the weekend, hope it’s a great build up and the game itself lives up to it too.

Massive derby this; reckon you might end up rolling us by a comfortable margin.

I’ve never really bought in to the media-driven “rivalry” between our clubs, would always rather see a fellow NSW footy side having success than one of the big Vic clubs. In any case Mrs Zevon is a Giants supporter so I’ve seen a fair bit of you this year and I’ve loved watching how your side has gone about it.

Best of luck on the weekend, hope it’s a great build up and the game itself lives up to it too.
Cheers and good luck! Pity you couldn’t roll buddy out as sub for a final game and get the place humming

Buddy retiring could fire them right up and make them a very dangerous proposition.
It would be nice, but really I can't see it, particularly without Rampe and McInerney

My prediction for the final score is GWS - 108 Swans - 95
I think your prediction flatters us.
You guys are the form team ATM, showing you can win both at home and away and appear to have great balance on every line. Unfortunately we are running on fumes and unless we are up by about 150 at 3/4 time, don't have a prayer.

Best of luck for the remainder of the season and please stick it up those arrogant Vic teams come finals.

Yeah I'd play him ahead of Lloyd. Tough though coz they are probably on even footing right now with Lloyd having more experience in big games.

This is a tough one, because the pressure in Derby’s goes up a notch. And the experienced head of Lloyd may be handy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ticket sales are apparently solid to this point.
Cumberland stand even half full with warm bodies always looks good on TV.
I've travelled to most of the major stadiums around the country and reckon the Cumberland Stand has the best views of any stand at any venue. A pity it's not open more often.

Hard to great read on available tickets as I'm not sure Ticketmaster releases every available seat at the same time? As it stands there are only a couple of hundred available seats in the Cumberland Stand and most of the lower section on the southern side is exhausted. If Members turn up en masse (no excuses people) we could get around 20,000.

Hard to great read on available tickets as I'm not sure Ticketmaster releases every available seat at the same time? As it stands there are only a couple of hundred available seats in the Cumberland Stand and most of the lower section on the southern side is exhausted. If Members turn up en masse (no excuses people) we could get around 20,000.
Yeah they habit of holding stands back.
But usually they block the whole stand so if their are only “some” in a stand that’s a good sign for the stand.

Edit. Does that make sense or was it a ramble?

Yeah they habit of holding stands back.
But usually they block the whole stand so if their are only “some” in a stand that’s a good sign for the stand.

Edit. Does that make sense or was it a ramble?
Makes sense but not sure that's what they've done this time. For example, there are around three rows showing as available in Bay 439 of the Cumberland Stand, but there are another three rows behind those which are greyed out. I doubt that the back rows sold out faster than the rows which are closer to the action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense but not sure that's what they've done this time. For example, there are around three rows showing as available in Bay 439 of the Cumberland Stand, but there are another three rows behind those which are greyed out. I doubt that the back rows sold out faster than the rows which are closer to the action.
They often release alternate rows and spread out the bays. Now there's almost nothing left on the ground level bays and most of the upper levels are half gone. They might be reserving or holding back some sections.

They often release alternate rows and spread out the bays. Now there's almost nothing left on the ground level bays and most of the upper levels are half gone. They might be reserving or holding back some sections.

Yeah, they appear to stagger the release of seats. Even if the bottom bay looks like it is full the next day they have released more seats, previously the bottom bays would release rows but looks like they're near full so today they released 2 or so seats sprinkled throughout the bay.

The upper sections looks like as the rows closer to the front sellout the seats further back have been released. Vincent Fairfax looks like once that's sold that there won't be anymore rows to place on sale as the very back row is on sale. Sinclair to Cumberland stands still look like they have a bit to go before they reach the back row.

Although, could be wrong (and probably am) though this round looks to be the best to observe how they release seats.

Recent Giants article regarding the game entertainment appears to indicate it will be a sellout - DJ Tigerlily Headlines Sydney Derby XXVI

The expected sold-out crowd inside GIANTS Stadium for Derby XXVI against the Swans on Saturday

Hopefully a good turn out. Would love a rocking stadium!

Recent Giants article regarding the game entertainment appears to indicate it will be a sellout - DJ Tigerlily Headlines Sydney Derby XXVI

Maybe too optimistic given that we haven’t had a 10k crowd at Giants Stadium since September 2019, but a sellout would indicate the GS ground record of 21,924 could be under threat?

Maybe too optimistic given that we haven’t had a 10k crowd at Giants Stadium since September 2019, but a sellout would indicate the GS ground record of 21,924 could be under threat?
Hard to know because it’s all dependant on Member turnout. You’d hope most of them will turn up given the magnitude and our recent form.

No NRL games on in Sydney as well

Cowboys vs Broncos - QLD
Double Header in Perth
Dolphins vs Knights
Rabbits vs Sharks

and we don't play in the soccer until Monday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back