Trades 2023 Round 3 Trades - Moo Time !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey crew,

Need some assistance on deciding between two options.

Option 1
B smith > setterfield
H Clark > daicos
Hopper > d Cameron via rozee to mid
126k left

Option 2
B smith > daicos via constable to mids
Chesser > setterfield
F Greene > chandler
69k left

Think I will give Ziebull a miss this week as I am going to hold onto Darcy.

Jelly > Setterfield

Flanders > Darcy Cameron

Will assess things next week.

Not at all. Neale has Ashcroft and Dunkley stealing his points.
Not quite sure I buy this, think he's just been a bit out of form.
  • 2019: Averaged 121, Zorko 107, Lyons 99, McCluggage 94
  • 2020: Averaged 134, Lyons averaged 112, McCluggage 100, Berry 97 and Zorko 96.
  • 2021: Injury year
  • 2022: Averaged 122, Suitcase averaged 104, Lyons averaged 91 and then they rotated a bunch of guys through there who scored reasonably (Bailey, Berry, Zorko, Mathieson etc)
Think he's always been able to score with high possession mids around him. Ashcroft isn't going to steal as many chips as a peak Zorko/inside mid version of McCluggage etc, and Dunkley just takes Lyons' place really.

Could be wrong, but think he'll bounce back in a big way soon (hopefully tonight)

Jelly > Setterfield

Flanders > Darcy Cameron

Has Jelly been confirmed to miss again?

Not quite sure I buy this, think he's just been a bit out of form.
  • 2019: Averaged 121, Zorko 107, Lyons 99, McCluggage 94
  • 2020: Averaged 134, Lyons averaged 112, McCluggage 100, Berry 97 and Zorko 96.
  • 2021: Injury year
  • 2022: Averaged 122, Suitcase averaged 104, Lyons averaged 91 and then they rotated a bunch of guys through there who scored reasonably (Bailey, Berry, Zorko, Mathieson etc)
Think he's always been able to score with high possession mids around him. Ashcroft isn't going to steal as many chips as a peak Zorko/inside mid version of McCluggage etc, and Dunkley just takes Lyons' place really.

Could be wrong, but think he'll bounce back in a big way soon (hopefully tonight)
Fair, but I would class Dunkley a level above any of his previous teammates. That and he's approaching 30 so will start to slow a bit. Not saying he'll fall off a cliff, but enough to not be worth his start price.

The other worry with Neale is he tends to start seasons fast, and hasn't this year.

Hey crew,

Need some assistance on deciding between two options.

Option 1
B smith > setterfield
H Clark > daicos
Hopper > d Cameron via rozee to mid
126k left

Option 2
B smith > daicos via constable to mids
Chesser > setterfield
F Greene > chandler
69k left
I'd do the second one personally, all three trades look good and we get to keep Hopper and dump a bad rookie in Chesser. Clark seems like a bad pick so far but shouldn't lose much money if any and you can trade him to Bowes next week if he looks good again. If you don't want to hold Hopper for his injury week the first one is fine, could hurt you later though with Hopper having a really low BE and lots of potential to score well.

Has Jelly been confirmed to miss again?
No he should be playing.

I don't want to miss out on Cameron and Setterfield and Jelly is the one to make it happen.

Fyfe, Bruhn > LDU, Rookie.

Love how everyone is trading out Darcy, McCrae & Dochs.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone considering getting Ziebell over Setterfield (can only get 1 unless I do Steele>Setters over LDU)

Both should make a ton of cash but I think Ziebell can be a keeper whereas Setterfield isn’t.
I'm still concerned about having a 32 YO Ziebell come in ...what with some of the niggling injuries he's had

Jelly > Setterfield

Flanders > Darcy Cameron

If you held Jelly last week, why are you trading him, when he's coming back this week ?

Ok kenties which team do you prefer?

Team A -

Darcy > Cameron
Flanders > Chandler
McKenzie > Ziebell via Gulden

$56k leftover.

Team.PNG

Team B -

Darcy > Cameron
Hopper > Worpel
Flanders > Ziebell

Not much cash leftover but very strong team. Miss out on Chandler though unfortunately.

Team2.PNG

Team C -

Darcy > Cameron
Hopper > Ziebell via Gulden
Flanders > Chandler

$200k leftover for next week to go Jones > Bowes and Chesser > Crozier

Team3.PNG

Last edited:
Think I'm only going to do the 2 trades this week - one rookie correction trade and grab one of the below.

All else being equal, who is the must have non-rookie trade in this week:

Darcy Cameron
Setterfield
Ziebell
LDU
Worpel

I'm leaning towards Setterfield.

Ok kenties which team do you prefer?

Team A -

Darcy > Cameron
Flanders > Chandler
McKenzie > Ziebell via Gulden

$56k leftover.

View attachment 1644237

Team B -

Darcy > Cameron
Hopper > Worpel
Flanders > Ziebell

Not much cash leftover but very strong team. Miss out on Chandler though unfortunately.

View attachment 1644238

Team C -

Darcy > Cameron
Hopper > Ziebell via Gulden
Flanders > Chandler

$200k leftover for next week to go Jones > Bowes and Chesser > Crozier

View attachment 1644248
Wouldn't trade out either Hopper or Mckenzie. No point trading out low BE's for a low BE player (Chandler) who has a worse scoring role and worse JS.

Think I'm only going to do the 2 trades this week - one rookie correction trade and grab one of the below.

All else being equal, who is the must have non-rookie trade in this week:

Darcy Cameron
Setterfield
Ziebell
LDU
Worpel

I'm leaning towards Setterfield.
All good options, but if I had to order them (obviously depends on your team):

T-1. Ziebell (potential to be a keeper at 350k, filthy seagull role, incoming DPP, yes please) and Cameron (keeper, solo ruck for the next few weeks, good ceiling, R/F swing will be very handy)

3. Setterfield (great cash gen and on-field scores, great role, but unlikely to be a keeper)

4. LDU (obviously the best player of this lot, but don't think his price will balloon as much as some would think over the next few weeks with Finn and Curnow coming up next. Not an absolute must at that price for now, can always get him in 3-4 weeks)

5. Worpel (I own him and am happy with his output, but I don't think I'd prioritise him over the four above if I didn't have him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back